15th YEAR FOR ATHEN PALADINS

General messages, related to AP or AO. (All users can read)
Chrisax
President

15th YEAR FOR ATHEN PALADINS

Post by Chrisax »

Yes, AP has entered its 15th year. :mrgreen:

In 2003, 6 long-time players of AO stood at the top of the watchtower of West Athen (195x191) when the double suns were rising, and decided to take their destiny in thier own hands.

They founded Athen Paladins.

The names of the founders were (alpha order) Chrisax, Cirrus3, Ironia, Kostoss, Lmnox, Weric

And we are still there, and still will be, as the top AO org, raiding everyday, teaming, being a family.

We can really be proud to see, almost every week, in the game or on the forums, an old Paladin rejoining AO to be with us or coming to say hello, asking for news, and showing he will never forget AP and that we will always be together.

Today, I wanted to give you all the opportunity to discover some of the very first messages posted on our first forums and the first org members list with.. 20 people... Here they are, a small selection but great memories...
Chrisax
President

Re: 15th YEAR FOR ATHEN PALADINS

Post by Chrisax »

The first Paladins
The first posts
The first rant about ninjas
The first principles for recruitment
The release of Inner Sanctum
A line about a sapling that could be dangerous to feed
The coming of the Shadowlands...

The 20 first characters
Chrisax wrote:You can check our permanent listing and statistics on AO official website :

http://www.anarchy-online.com/org/stats ... me/2822145

(this link should normally be permanent !)

New members (among them my Trox alt of low level) will join very soon, but at the time of writing we are :

Chrisax 0 President 151 Meta-Physicist Male Nano
Cirrus3 1 Advisor 102 Doctor Male Nano
Lmnox 1 Advisor 105 Meta-Physicist Male Nano
Trussel 1 Advisor 133 Fixer Neuter Atrox
Weric 1 Advisor 68 Meta-Physicist Neuter Atrox
Ironia 1 Advisor 71 Engineer Female Solitus
Kostoss 1 Advisor 135 Fixer Male Opifex
Mosschops 3 Member 57 Nano-Technician Male Nano
Nethel 3 Member 34 Bureaucrat Female Solitus
Fangmei 3 Member 32 Enforcer Female Solitus
Teddiruxpin 3 Member 40 Meta-Physicist Female Solitus
Ladyaurora 3 Member 64 Engineer Female Solitus
Lnmox 3 Member 23 Fixer Male Opifex
Tingsungmoon 3 Member 60 Martial Artist Neuter Atrox
Bosschops 3 Member 60 Engineer Male Nano
Shenhua 3 Member 40 Fixer Female Opifex
Xioying 3 Member 106 Martial Artist Female Solitus
Amyj 3 Member 59 Fixer Female Opifex
Naraco 4 Applicant 29 Soldier Neuter Atrox
Otbit 4 Applicant 36 Adventurer Male Opifex

The first posts (only a selection)
Chrisax wrote:WELCOME AND THANK YOU
The Athen Paladins were created by a group of 6 at the top of the watchtower north of West Athen, as the suns were rising : a new dawn for us all.

In the following hour, our number increased wonderfully.

Thank you ALL for joining; thank you for gathering our family again.

Thank you also for my election, and I want to remind you that the President must not be a kind of forever-elected king. Our rules will make the president change several times in a year. I\'ll be happy to stick with this rule I wanted since start.

I\'ll post other messages on several topics here quite soon. Please, do the same.

Alos, please take the time to check this board a minute every day : this a a great way to keep in touch. Hats off for Cirrus who installed this board almost instantly. You\'re great Cir !

Special last thanks for the 6 persons of the creation team who settled the org and their commitment.

Long live to the Athen Paladins !
Nethel wrote:Long live the Paladins!
Chris is very good at making speeches, thank goodness! Somebody would have to make a lovely speech to for the first post-His High Uberness Chrisax the Great did a wonderful job of it! Go Chris!

May the Athen Paladins outlast the Rangers!
(Note: The West Athen Rangers, our former org)
Weric wrote:The Watchtower was a great idea
Creating the Paladins at the top of the Watchtower north of WA was a great idea. And we even got a sunrise !
Ironia wrote: So, are the Paladins going to have towers?

Or are we just going to be laid-back?

And yes, I know this could have gone into the "What we have to discuss" thread thingummy started by Teh Uberness Wit da Phat Lewt but I wanted to start a new thread!
:D
(Short after, we got our first tower site at Pondus Beach in Stret West.)

weric wrote:CAS armor Guide
This post is for those who wanna try make CAS armor, but don't quite know how.
Most of you guys know how this works but might be nice to have a place to look at if there is something you cant remember ;) (...)
Chrisax wrote:GUIDE : DODGA\'S QUEST Maybe the best quest of all !
1-INTRODUCTION

- The Dodga quest is one of the most rewarding quests.

- This quest is in 3 parts, to be accomplished in order, (...)

The first ninja-looting rant
:)
Kostoss wrote:ACK NINJA LOOTING!!
I am starting to feel guilty about moaning on this subject ad nauseam but it does seem to need some addressing. Although a few cases can be explained away as n00b behaviour or over zealousness in my opinion this abhorrent behaviour is on the increase. It may be because I have started a few new characters lately but in my opinion Funcom does nothing to address this seemingly increasing problem.
My solution would be to award each member of a successful team to receive a boss kill loot bonus in the same way as completing a mission. Either that or the loot is distributed randomly and can only be picked up by the specific character.
Rant over and i solemnly swear not to bring this up in org chat again (well until the next time anyway!).

The release of Inner Sanctum and the coming of the Shadowlands
Chrisax wrote:14.9 is the last patch before Shadowlands (except if a fix patch is necessary).

It is a pre-SL patch in a way because some of the elements of SL seems to be already in it but not activated.

The great news is the Inner Sanctum is now open. The long-awaited Inner Sanctum is supposed to be the high-level version of the Temple of the Three Winds. I\'ll try to step in and give you more info.

The great bad news is... the Gunner Cap and Globe-Trotter helm that everybody could wear at any level (and even fixers with a Grid Armor already on,!) have been fixed ! So now it seems impossible to wear them again.

Also, a new kind of dynacamp has appeared... hard to say right now how it really works.

For the rest, here is the official text, in the case you missed it.

Content Upgrade: Inner Sanctum
Thursday July 3rd 2003

A small, albeit devout, cult worshipping the power of the three winds of time was discovered ob Rubi-Ka some time ago. Hidden inside their massive temple complex, they had for decades tried to unleash the power of the three winds that they thought would lead them on a journey to paradise.

Now the seal to the Inner Sanctum has broken. Hezak the immortal, the enigmatic cult leader, is thus unveiled at last. It’s been reported that the zealous cult subordinates deals with any threat interfering with their secret rituals. Citizens are warned to keep away.

Other world changes
Due to a large number of participants and spectators, we\'ve found it necessary to split both the Omni-1 and Tir arenas off from the surrounding city.

Be aware that fertilizing saplings can have deadly consequences.(...)

The first principles for recruitment
Chrisax wrote: Summing up the meeting... while downloading Shadowlands beta (84% atm)

1) Recruitment policy

We need your last comments and suggestions, if any, about the following, for this is going to be our policy and we need to start recruiting fast now.

- We are good friends and we want to remain an organization of friends
- We want to help people to help themselves and raise their characters and not to assist them permanently or do their job
- We do not want selfish, arrogant, or rude people
- We want people who share, help, are friendly, and team well
(...)

...and our future began... and is still there :mrgreen:
ThaShadey
Baby Leet

Post by ThaShadey »

Congratilations on the 15 years :) I hope to see another x years :)
Cyreidan
Growing Leet

Post by Cyreidan »

mayby rest of my life to AP, always family to me even not played a while, a long time we're going that ao chrisax but always in a good way heh and we will continue that :)
Ultra
Champion Leet

Post by Ultra »

Congrats AP :)
Timba
Mini Leet

Post by Timba »

Congratulations :)!
Jakereaper
Strong Leet

Post by Jakereaper »

Anarchy Online - Athen Paladins, my one and only MMO love.

Miss you !

Happy Birthday, and CONGRATULATIONS~!
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Jake :D We miss you too! Come back! :luv:
Jakereaper
Strong Leet

Post by Jakereaper »

Chris!!

I do plan to come back, soon (TM). Maybe in a month or so.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

We sent the men in black... they are around your home... If you're not back on time.... You will be brought back! :twisted: