Albtraum Farming

Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Albtraum Farming

Post by Ustarlen »

I'm trying to remember how to farm Albtraum and wonder if anyone is able to help/add to or correct the following:

1. If one team member has completed the whole quest line you can farm with a team even if other members haven't completed the main quest line.

2. One member of the team must remain in the pf at all times or it will reset.

3. Make a team and enter the pf and clear all trash mobs.

4. The team member who has completed the quest line leaves and takes the bomb building mission from the Yutto nearby.

5. When the team member re-enters the pf and talks to the yutto near the entrance the mini bosses will spawn.

6. farm mini bosses and then either:
a. delete mish and repeat or
b. carry on and spawn the Keeper. If he drops PBs spawn them.

7. Repeat....

8. I seem to remember there is a way to bypass the mini bosses and spawn the Keeper only but can't remember how.

Any observations and corrections to this?

Ustar
Chrisax
President

Re: Albtraum Farming

Post by Chrisax »

1. If one team member has completed the whole quest line you can farm with a team even if other members haven't completed the main quest line.

Yes, the quest is independent from what you do in the instance which can just be used without a quest.

The person who has completed the quest can always get from the Yuttos outside Albtraum, under a tent, The One that Sees Dead People, the quest to speak to the small Yuttos kid inside, called "Preparing for the Final Battle" (or something close). The young Yuttos will wipe out most of the mobs (not all) and will spawn the mini-bosses.

2. One member of the team must remain in the pf at all times or it will reset.

Yes, but you have like 5 minutes to come back if the PF is empty before you lose it.

3. Make a team and enter the pf and clear all trash mobs.

As I explained above, if someone has completed the quest line, he can always get the intermediate mission that qill allow him to ask the small Yuttos inside to wipe out most trash mobs.

4. The team member who has completed the quest line leaves and takes the bomb building mission from the Yutto nearby.

Anyone who reaches this point and has the components (possibly from past runs) can make bombs.

Not sure what you mean: the parts for the bomb (a perennium shell, a vial of highly volatile novictum, a detonator) come from the 3 mini-bosses, this means you have already wiped the area and thus talked to the small Yuttos.

The One Who Sees Dead People will make Novictum Bomb(s) for you, and will tell you to talk again to the Yuttos inside Albtraum.

5. When the team member re-enters the pf and talks to the Yuttos near the entrance the mini bosses will spawn.

Yes but see above.

6. farm mini bosses and then either:
a. delete mish and repeat or
b. carry on and spawn the Keeper. If he drops PBs spawn them.

7. Repeat....

Yes, see above

8. I seem to remember there is a way to bypass the mini bosses and spawn the Keeper only but can't remember how.

Someone who completed the quest can get directly the "Preparing for the Final Battle" (not sure of the exact name) missions as I said, and then skip a lot of the Albtraum line.

Note that you don't strictly need the bombs to fight the Keeper (and his adds) but they do help considerably.
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Post by Ustarlen »

Thx Chris. What I was describing above assumed that the team didn't want to wipe most of the trash mobs as they drop lots of components and special Doja. So, a first pass would be to clear the pf before taking the mish to pop the mini bosses.
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Post by Ustarlen »

Another interesting thing.. (well to me anyway).. I just cleared the pf and without going out of the instance to speak with the main Yutto, I instead spoke to the little Yutto 'One whose courage fails his heart' just inside the instance. In dialogue he asks if I would like to see the creatures. He then gives the 'Preparing for the Final Battle' quest and spawns the 3 mini bosses.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Maybe they added that possibility to speak directly to the small Yuttos to get the mini-bosses spawn and quest directly. I don't think iot was possible in the past.

Have you already completed Albtraum on the character you witnessed that? Or how far did you go?
Ustarlen
Leetissimo!

Post by Ustarlen »

Yes completed the quest line 4 yrs ago on engi. Cleared pf first with engi and enf. Then took the mission as described above to spawn the mini bosses directly from the little Yutto. I'm experimenting by deleting the mission before killing the mini bosses to see if I can get the mission again and start a rotation to kill mini bosses without spawning Keeper.

added:

Just finished a rotation with Dansdoc. We killed mini bosses and I returned to the little Yutto but he wouldn't talk this time to give the mission again. Next I went to the Yutto outside and got the mission again the usual way and came back in. Spoke with the two Yuttos as required and the mini-bosses spawned again. So it seems we can follow this process to keep a clear pf and constantly re-spawn mini bosses. Before you used to have to reform, get the mish and let the little Yutto kill most but not all of the mobs. Now it seems you can keep the pf clear and re-spawn as much as you want following this method.

so steps are:
1. form team and clr pf of all trash mobs
2. player who has completed full quest line talks to little Yutto inside pf to get mission and spawn mini-bosses.
3. delete mission.
4. kill mini bosses
5. player who has completed full quest line exits and starts mission again by talking to Yutto 'One who sees dead people'
6. returns and speaks with 2 Yuttos inside pf
7. return to item 3
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Yes, I think you got it right. :) That's why I mentioned at the beginning to go talk to the Yuttos under the tent, because he is not a part of the instance (contrary to the small Yuttos inside who is a part of the instance), and so it works always.

We have several AP's who want Albtraum farming, so we should set up some "rendez-vous" days maybe to make teams forming easier.