Stephen Richard's Inferno Quest

Iqloo
Leet

Stephen Richard's Inferno Quest

Post by Iqloo »

Quest 01 - Chimera Hunt

Start the quest at Stephen Richards - Pos: 2483.1, 1186.2, 36.5, Area: Yutto Marshes - Basically go out of the Yuttos Marshes statue and head West down the road. He's hard to miss, a short man, with a skirt, and a blue name.

Code: Select all

Chimera Hunt                   
Description:
Chimera Hunt

Hunting Chimeras can be a challenge - to be able to slay them you must act quickly. Move in on the group quietly, and when you have slain the Weakened Chimeras and the Chimera Crushers, go for the leader of the pack, the Chimera Aberrant, he should be a much easier target with his pack severely damaged.
When this is done return to your Safari Guide to start on the next adventure!

Kill 5 Weakened Chimeras
Kill 5 Chimera Crushers
Kill the Chimera Aberrant
Return to your Safari Guide

Reward:
None
These mobs can be found at 1091.0, 368.1, 0.6, in the Valley of the dead - Near Arachnis's cave that's near the entrance to Inferno. Not very hard mobs, they were light green to me so I wouldn't put them over level 210 or so. There are however, pretty much all clumped together, so you might want to bring a crowd control guy along if you cant handle a few adds. There are also a few mobs that walk around, they were not a problem to me as they were gray, however, to some of the sub 220's that might be doing this quest, you might want to watch out for them aswell. Note that there is a level 220ish mortiig that sometimes wanders into those parts, and there is a redeemed mob spawn there, so don't think about putting those pets on /hunt (-;

Code: Select all

Chimera Hunt
Description:
Chimera Hunt

Hunting Chimeras can be a challenge - to be able to slay them you must act quickly. Move in on the group quietly, and when you have slain the Weakened Chimeras and the Chimera Crushers, go for the leader of the pack, the Chimera Aberrant, he should be a much easier target with his pack severely damaged.
When this is done return to your Safari Guide to start on the next adventure!

Kill 5 Weakened Chimeras
Kill 5 Chimera Crushers
Kill the Chimera Aberrant
Return to your Safari Guide

Reward:
Cash: 1000000 credits
Experience: 87527 SK. (Which you get when you receive a token.)
Now head back to Stephen Richards to collect your booty!

Part 02 comeing soon.
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

The biggest problem I have faced doing this mission is people training. The chimeras are clustered around the Arachnis dungeon. I do not know if so many people like that dungeon or if they just run in expecting to find the chimeras spawn singly for them, but I have just died 5 times doing this quest. On each occasion I have been over halfway through killing a Chimera when someone runs past trailing 5 more.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Didnt have much problem with this quest. You just have to make sure you are on top of the spawn. Biggest problem is there are only 2 or 3 of each type of chimera so it requires camping 2 or 3 spawns. (Its the same with ever other quest it seems)

Biggest help i can give for any of these quests is to get a big team! also down bother if you are <210 atm as its one big DD fest. All the mobs from each quest always spawn in 1 location only. Being in a team when a mob is killed for a kill mish will update your mish even if your not within the normal range (distance) for sk. dont know about a different zone. This means its possible to have 1 team running 3 mishs at once (tested :P spirit hunt, chimera hunt, anasi)

Spirit Hunt

Ok this is the first step of the ring quest. Its fairly easy and the spirits have a good spawn number / rate. The boss is dificult to find as he can spawn in multiple locations round the ruins.

Somphos Hunt

Now this one is a little tougher as the mobs have more hp. these all spawn round a rock to the SW of the jump off point tothe south of sorrow and E of the new yutto tent.

Stories

Ok head W out of the yutto tent and turn up onto the ramp to the jump point. the story teller is about 50m up the ramp on the right. He has a spawn time of about 20 secs. Just right click to talk. a chat window will appear for a few secs then he attacks you. Kill and loot.

Essence

Ok now the campathon. Head north from where you found the somphos to around 2000x1600. Here you will find lots of spirits. (or lack of depending on the people there. Just kill and loot the essences you need. This took us a long time as any 220 sol can alpha a spirit under half hp easy. A team is essential here unless you are confident of being able to gain loot rights. Ok the boss gets a little harder as there is only 1 and everyone in the team needs 1 of his essenses. hes on a 10min timer so should take an hour for a full team.

tbc when i get home.

At this point i had completed upto this part of the quest chain and also done the safari quest. I have gained 250k sk
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

I agree with Sillanto about needing a team. I tried the Chimera Hunt solo and I can gain almost 10 times the SK in the same time doing a Penumbra hard mission. The difference is how quickly you kill and getting loot rights from everyone else doing the quests. Solo you also run the risk of dieing due to training.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Tbh i dont think you can call it training. As the layout of the mobs really makes it impossible to navigate the area without pulling agg. Also the pathing in the area is that bad that mobs when they agg you will run off and agg someone else while they try t get to you
(Makes pet usuage hard)

Generally tho if you get agg just rain the mob back to who ever is killing that qust mob and all will be ok :)

Worst mobs are the blazing spirits next to anasi as they hit hard and agg from a long way.

Be very careful when you go to the yutto tent as its more often than not filled with mezzed mobs people have trained :/

Running up the ramp you will agg the anasi below. but they apth so bad they cant get to you.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Ok probalby not the best place to post this but it seems taht the mission sk reward is set at 3% of the sk you need to level. therefore if you dont need to do the quest right now save it for later in the sl's (ill be doing it now anyway :P)
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

I notice from the AO Forums that one of the quests involves killing Xark and Razor. Does this mean there are Fangs and Whiskers laying around their dungeons unclaimed? Or is there soon to be a flood of HHaB on the market?
Dheliver
Strong Leet

Post by Dheliver »

I duno about fixed location or whatever since Ive heard so much about "Smoldering Shadow" but I just got my Hair at: Pos: 869.6, 1051.9, 15.0, Area: Burning Marshes... SE of Bigot Nzaemihiel... duno about this location either coz I was running around clueless bashing TAB when I stumbled on an ommer with a yellow/orange looking Shadow laying on ground infront of him... said he pulled by accident and let me have Hair on body :D
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

I did the ring quest with both my enf and my NT, got like 250k total sk with the NT at lvl 214, gonna save the rest for him for higher lvls, and save the rest for enf till after LE comes out.
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff