1. be sure to save in old athens.

2. be sure you have the proper equipment
A. 1 key dup
B. 1 lock pick
C. 1 hacker tool
D. med packs, heal and nano boosters

Starting quest

1.0 the journy begins
Grid to MMD find uncle bazzit and speak with him, when he starts menchaning this device he is having problems with offer to help him...

LOG

Drbicard: Who are you?
Uncle Bazzit: Depends on who's asking.
Drbicard: I'm asking.
Uncle Bazzit: You are, aren't you?
Uncle Bazzit grins.
Uncle Bazzit: Well, you seem harmless enough...
My name is Uncle Bazzit and I do custom-built upgrades for certain types of weapons, usually only on request. And only for special customers.
Drbicard: Can you upgrade my weapon?
Uncle Bazzit: I could, but I won't. Not right now anyway.
I need to get some more information on this device.
Drbicard: Is there anything I can do to help?
Uncle Bazzit: I doubt it.
Drbicard: Perhaps it can be used in restructuring nano stun gloves?
Uncle Bazzit: It might.
But I know for sure it can't be used to upgrade the molecular interface structure like we did with the Bang-Bang Glove.
Drbicard: It looks like something that could modify its head.
Uncle Bazzit: You might be on to something there.
You should talk to my old friend Deidre Lux. She helped me restructure the Bang-Bang Glove on subatomic levels.
Uncle Bazzit hands you the gadget then activates his wrist-attached microcomputer.
Uncle Bazzit: Let me upload the coordinates to her location.
Keep me updated, Drbicard.

2.0 what the heck is this it?
grid to boreales > whompa to street west banks
speak with deidre lux at (1260.5x 2847.3), or just over the wall from whompa, ask her about the unknown device bazzit gave you to investigate, accept her mission to repair a broken gun, be sure to write the code down she gives you...

LOG

Deidre Lux: Welcome, stranger.
Can I help you?
Drbicard: Yes, Uncle Bazzit sent me.
Deidre Lux: Ahh, haven't seen him in a while. How is he doing?
Drbicard: He's doing fine. We need information regarding a device.
Deidre Lux: Let's have a look at it.
She wrinkles her forehead as she returns the item.
Deidre Lux: You need information about this device you say.
Well... We all need something don't we?
Drbicard: What do you mean?
Deidre Lux: I have some malfunctioning equipment that needs to be replaced.
So you see, we all need something...
Drbicard: So if I help you, you help me?
Deidre Lux: Sounds fair to me!
It's a small task anyway.
Deidre Lux gives you a 1st edition Pistola Di Macchina Mini Automatico 2.
Deidre Lux: These pistols seemed to be working fine, but I had a feeling something was wrong the minute I laid eyes on them.
Following extensive research, I found the microcluster brackets operating at only 23% of their maximum capacity, and at a frequency of .00002198 Hz.
Obviously, I can't sell partially functioning equipment!
So I want you to return it to the Vanguards and make sure they give you a new pistol that is operating within the requested values.

3.0 Getting Deidre's Weapon Fixed
take the weapon to Ramon Bauer hes located at the Vanguards sign next to Old Athen grid terminal, he will have you plant a tracking device on Command Kend Ash...

LOG

Ramon Bauer: Greetings, Drbicard.
Welcome to Old Athen! If you are looking for high quality equipment, you've come to the right place.
Drbicard: I'm here to get a malfunctioning pistol replaced.
Ramon Bauer: Are you now?
I am sure there is nothing wrong with the pistol. And if some values seem suspicious to you, it's usually just a new model with improved functionality.
Drbicard: No, but Deidre Lux sent me and she was certain something was wrong with the microcluster brackets.
Ramon Bauer: Oh, Miss Lux sent you.
She is one of our most valuable customers. If she says there is something wrong with the gun I am sure she's right.
Drbicard: So will you exchange it?
Ramon Bauer: Let me have a look at it first.
Ramon Bauer scans the gun with a high range frequency analyzer, then returns it.
Ramon Bauer: Well, the gun is working. It just isn't operating at the requested frequency.
According to the contract we have with Mr. Lux we aren't obliged to replace the weapon unless it isn't working.
I could fine-tune the weapon but...
Drbicard: Let me guess: you want me to do you a favor first?
Ramon Bauer: Well, I hope you understand. Resourceful individuals, such as yourself, are hard to come by. And it's only a small favor.
Drbicard: Very well, what do you want me to do?
Ramon Bauer: I have heard rumors that Omni-Transport has moved into Omni-Trade.
I want to know if this is true.
Ramon Bauer hands you a tracking device.
Ramon Bauer: I want you to target their Commander and wait for this tracking device to register his or her position.
That's it!
Drbicard: When I return you will tune the pistol, right?
Ramon Bauer: Not only will I try to tune it, you will also have my undying gratitude!!

4.0 Tracking Down Command Kend Ash
to find kend ash grid to omni trade (this is where saving in athens will prove to be usfull) hes located at (434.3 449.6). mission completed try and grid back, some lowbies will prolly not make but this is why you saved in athens.

5.0 We Getting That Gun Fixed Yet?
speak with Ramon Baver, give him the tracking device, then ask him to fix Deidrey's weapon

LOG

Ramon Bauer: Greetings, Drbicard.
Welcome to Old Athen! If you are looking for high quality equipment, you've come to the right place.
Drbicard: I found the Omni-Trans Commander.
Ramon Bauer: Great!
Do you have the tracking device?
Ramon Bauer: Excellent!
It would seem our competitors have set themselves up rather securely in Omni-Trade. Why am I even surprised that Commander Kend Ash is involved?
As promised, I will try to tune the pistol for you.
Return when you know at what frequency the microcluster brackets should operate.
Drbicard: I know the frequency and want to have the pistol tuned.
Ramon Bauer: As promised, I'll try to tune it.Drbicard: I know the frequency and want to have the pistol tuned.
Ramon Bauer: As promised, I'll try to tune it.
Ramon Bauer: Here goes...
Ramon Bauer quickly activates the high frequency analyzer and presses it against the pistol chamber.
Ramon Bauer: What frequency do you want it tuned to?
Drbicard: 0.000022
A couple of seconds pass, then a high pitch sound informs Ramon that the process has completed. He looks at the weapon and turns to you with a satisfied look in his eyes.
Ramon Bauer: Who would have thought...
The microcluster brackets actually withstood the stress!
They are now working at 100% of their capacity, and at a frequency of .000022 Hz.
Drbicard: What do you mean by that?
Ramon Bauer: The micro cluster brackets are very sensitive to stress. Sometimes when you try to tune them they overheat.
Ramon notices your empty glare and sighs.
Ramon Bauer: A gun with overheated micro cluster brackets is useless. Does that clarify things for you?
Drbicard: Ok, then you managed to tune the weapon. Thanks!
Ramon Bauer: You are most welcome.
Remember, the Vanguards care for you!

6.0 Return Deidre's fixed weapon
give deidre the weapon and the unkwon device, after she plays with gun ask her some more about the unknown device she will tell you to speak with ofoz but he only gives out information to hacker club members only (smockers lounge) agree to take a few short test....(lol) from this pont on the quest is very time consuming."WARNING" make sure your ducks are in a row this next part you must finesh in an hour. You will need the hacker tool for this part of the quest

LOG

Can I help you?
Drbicard: I've tuned the pistol for you.
Deidre Lux: Great!
Let's have a look at it.
Deidre Lux: Now this is more like it!
Deidre makes sure the weapon is correctly balanced, then pulls the chamber to the side of her head. She raises one of her eyebrows at you and whispers.
Deidre Lux: Can you hear that?
You concentrate for a while, but can't hear anything.
Deidre Lux: This is what I call perfection! Those Vanguards aren't half-bad some of the time. Now, are you up for a challenge?
Drbicard: I'd like to know more about the device Uncle Bazzit gave me.
Deidre Lux: Ofoz might be able to help you. But...
Since you're not part of the Smokers Lounge, I doubt he will.
Drbicard: What can I do to join?
Deidre Lux: I can't help you to actually join the Smokers Lounge, for that you must carry out a couple of tasks that I can't help you with, and well, you have to be a Fixer of course.
However, I can help you get hold of an affiliate card, while it will not give you the honor of a full membership, you will be acknowledged by the members as a person to rely on when it comes to problem solving in regards of hacking, quick thinking and resourcefulness.
Drbicard: I'd like to give it a try.
Deidre Lux: Let me just add your request here...
Deidre makes a note on her microcomputer.
Deidre Lux: I'll be the one tracking your progress, Drbicard.
First of all, you'll need a code breaking tool of some kind.
Do you have such a tool already?
Drbicard: Is this the hacker tool I should use?
Deidre Lux: Let me have a closer look at it!
Deidre Lux: Yes, this is it! So, time for me to start the clock then?
Drbicard: Yes, I'm ready!
Deidre Lux: Ok. You should link up your hacker tool to three backbone connected nodes.
Here you go....
Go, go, GO!!

7.0 RUN RUN RUN
take the hacker tool deidre converted into a "Linked Hacker Tool" and hussle out to Sentinals (you can grid there, from thrid floor of the grid), you must mark: 2 mobs specified in you mission (these are random, and consist of cyborgs only)

7.1 grid to "Tir County" head north and zone to "Greater Tir County find the "Cyborg Barracks" at (3236.9x2336.6) go to botton floor and mark the boss Prototype Inferino.

7.2 take the nereast whompa to newturs its in city west of barracks at (3055.2x2291.0), then whompa to boreales> west banks, speak with Deidre, show her the linked hackers tool.

LOG

Can I help you?
Drbicard: I've linked the Hacker Tool to the cyborg nodes.
Deidre Lux: Excellent. Now I'll just have to reconfigure the lookup procedures to remove unnecessary queries. Please give me the hacker tool.
Deidre takes a look at the hacker tool and nods slowly.
Deidre Lux: This might work. The linkup is out of sync though, I'll have to...
She connects the hacking tool securely to her wrist-attached microcomputer and reconfigures the lookup sequence.
Deidre Lux: There!
Return to me with the tool when you're ready for your next test!
Drbicard: Oh, I think I'm ready right now!
Deidre Lux: Really? Oh well, give me back the Linked Hacker Tool then!
Deidre Lux: You seem well equipped. We're impressed.
Let's take a look at your second assignment.
Deidre notes your progress in her microcomputer then continues.
Deidre Lux: Your second task will prepare for the third and last test, which will be a hack. We have a target for the hack, but to carry it out you need to be physically inside their personal node protection.
This means that you have to find a way inside a secure Vanguard area and when you get in you'll need an access card.
We have found a place for you to acquire such a card.
But we really don't care where you get it. When you show us that you have acquired a Vanguard access card, we'll tell you where the node is and you may carry out the hack.
Good luck!

break!!!! i need a break!
weather you decide to or not to take next mission you can take a break, being the next quest has 11 hours to complet.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Great job, Ugh, and good you had backups hehe! :)
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

thx Ugh and msdeni, great guide, I used it back when you first posted it, and now I have 2 more toons that need to do it.
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff