General blitzing mission tip

toewiggler
Strong Leet

General blitzing mission tip

Post by toewiggler »

So after a few thousand missions some patterns have emerged:

1: something you need find/kill/tinker with is never in a single small room

2: a corridor or a room with at least 1 or 2 mobs is likely to hold target

3: target is likely to be a bit of a distance from the door, either straight ahead, or way up or way down, never close by (unless it's an extremely small mission)

4: mapupgrades are a must, at least people monsters and doors

5: find item mission shapes are either a triangle (container, information etc, box (nanos, weapons, armor) or something really weird like a big white object (bomb) they can be hard to see sometimes, but if you should fail to find it, try go look in corners, around walls and always a bit of a distance from main entrace

6: find person missions go fast as heck if you grab a gsf and just run and tab target everything, but it can get boring

7: fixergrid is nice if you can get one

8: safest way into omni 1 hq missions is to yalm/grid to omni entertainment (or yalm thru to baboons) and fly to the little access-tunnel in the west part, it's at ground level so you have to swoop down quick, once in tunnel you will end up in omni 1 hq without having to pop right next to 2 guards and a lot of triggerhappy omnis

Just a few tips, feel free to fill in
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

above L100, roll from WA and only take missions in the city of Home (Broken Shores).

Tons of missions entrances there, and no need for a fgrid.

If you're doing token missions:

* Start doing them when you've found your "sweet spot" for damage on RK when self-buffed (being self-buffed means much easier to do these whenever you want).

I started on my Fixer at 125 ... he had his Blinded Blackbirds on and all the armor I planned for him until 175+, so his damage was sweet and missions were still small. You get 1 less token per mission than you would at 150, but you get proportionately easier mobs and smaller missions. This also means if you get bored you can go level some and come back to missions a little later, without being too high of a level.

Alot of people won't start until 150, its up to you, just don't wait until 175+ ... and if you wait until 190+ you may want to consider Token Guns (I hate them).

* Do 40% difficulty missions. Until 205+ you get green mobs (at a certain point in TL7 you start getting greys in 40% missions, meaning you have to do mobs your own level, and 200+ RK mobs have way too much HP).

* I personally like to roll Find Item missions. No chance of mis-targetting the objective with "tab", no need to worry that your objective is going to aggro you ("Attacked by Weird Looking Bomb" WOULD be funny though), no need to remember which terminal you rolled from, and no need to remember what kind of mission you are in.

* I can roll 10-12 find items at a time fairly easily using these settings:

L
R
L
M
M
L

(always 3 find item missions until you pick one, then 2, then 1 ... giving 3 of these)

R
L
R
M
M
L

(same as above, starts w/3 find items)

L
M
R
L
L
R

(this was a lucky combination I stumbled on, ALSO gives 3 find items ... if LMRLLR doesn't work, I'm dyslexic, try RMLLLR).

At this point you have 9 missions. Might be enough, but if you want more, just keep the sliders on the default settings and keep re-rolling, checking each find item mission you get. You'll occasionally get lucky and get 3 find item missions, randomly, just like with other types.
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

You get mish tokens for comleting ai mishs now!! :)

great for the tl7's still needing tokens
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
elmurfud
Strong Leet

Post by elmurfud »

If i don't have LE can i do ai mish for axp? :P
Same old wabbit hunter
teredoc
Strong Leet

Post by teredoc »

Yes, roll a mission and use key on teleporter area where mission is marked on map.

Last patch you didn't have to use key, but they changed that so people needed LE to zone. Officials on forum have stated that they did not ban
people for doing this, since there was no clear warning of missing LE when you zoned.

Notice that the current bypass is something FC's aware about and that it's considered an exploit for all I know.
25, beware the cane swinging senile!
Stderr VanZandt, DAoC Ector US server
MrMud/Meepsimor/Teredoc/Ninyah/Tomat in AO.