Dyna and mission boss auras...

Anonfx
Giant Leet

Dyna and mission boss auras...

Post by Anonfx »

You are all by now familiar with those nasty boss mobs at the end of team missions and in Dyna-camps. Each boss that you encounter in your adventures, you'll notice that many vary in colors...well each color arua dictates which modifier that boss is under the influence of. Below is a guide to what each color represents and tacticts that may come in handy for preperations before battle.

This group of modifiers effect the damage type inflicted by the boss, whilst also increasing their ACs in that damage type and adding a reflect shield of that type!...

Chemical Boss
Green Aura

Cold Damage Boss
White Aura (White Aura)

Energy Damage Boss
Blue Aura

Fire Damage Boss
Red Aura

Poison Damage Boss
Aqua Aura

Radiation Damage Boss
Purple Aura

The next 2 modifiers below from bosses effect certain abilities of the boss...

Critical Hit Boss
Tan Aura
This can be a very fatal ability for a boss to have it adds significantly to their Critical Hit Chance, but does at least debuff all the bosses Initiatives
This modifier increases boss size by 60%

Damage Shield Boss
Orange Aura
Another potentially nasty on this adds a Damage Shield for all damage types. Thankfully the Boss does standard, unmodified Projectile or Melee damage (depending on profession class, i.e. an Enforcer will do melee damage etc)
This modifier increases boss size by 40%

The next 4 bosses tend to be a pain in the butt as they tend to be very tough, or a very long fight...

Big, Strong, and Slow
Yellow Aura
This modifier adds to all Damage types by a significant amount, often equally a normal critical hit, it does at least debuff all the bosses Initiatives and Run Speed. This one increases boss size by 80%

Massive Health Booster
Light red Aura
This one can mean a long, long fight as it increases health dramatically, often by more then 300% A boss with this modifier will only do standard, unmodified Projectile or Melee damage (depending on profession class). This time the boss increases in size by 100%

The Collector
Pink Aura
Increases health significantly as level grows, at lower levels its not too bad a difference, but at higher levels this can give the boss a staggering amount of HP. It also adds to Energy Damage type and increases the boss size by 40%

The Rainbow
Grey Aura
Now this is the real meaty one and can turn a battle in a moment. Like the previous modifier it adds to the bosses HP based on level, it then adds to all damage types, again scaled by level. At Level 1 it's +1 all the way through to +200 (At Level 400 apparently, although I don't believe any such creature exist yet.)

This modifier increases boss size by 20%

The real killer is though its special ability to cast a nano cycle changing damage types and ACs. The cycle begins with Melee, then Radiation, then Poison, then Energy, the Fire, then Projectile, then Cold, then Chemical, and back to Melee damage. Each nano adds 50 to that same AC, and lasts 60 seconds. This can be a real pain in a battle as usually there is a least one 'hole' in your ACs and this modifier means the boss will find it!
toewiggler
Strong Leet

Post by toewiggler »

Nice work
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Wow 2years playing and i never knew that, not even as a froob O.o
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

Nice ninja, where did you copy that? :D
Hope you didnt investigate that yourself, found a guide allrdy on that.
Im the only player who plays AO more offline then online 8)