Grafts guide (PvP and PvM)

Hyde
Hyde!

Grafts guide (PvP and PvM)

Post by Hyde »

... Grafts ...

I'm not listing every graft here, only ones that seem the most useful for PvP, buffing or soloing. The reason for this list is that people often go "get them there PvP reflect/root grafts" but people often don't know the names.

Boosted-Grafts are much preferrable over the Symbio-Grafts because they only lock the relevant skills for 30 minutes instead of 1 hour, not counting the QL bonus.

QL200 isn't required, the lower grafts will cast the exact same nano, so don't feel like you have to throw away lower QL grafts. The difference is that for each QL of the graft, the skill lock time is reduced by 5 seconds. That means a QL200 graft takes 16.5 minutes less time to be useable again. For alot of the nanos, that means for buff grafts you can use the graft as soon as the nano it casts has worn off if you have the Boosted version, since the skill lock will only be 14.5 minutes ... and for the PvP grafts its even more important because it means you'll be able to root that much more often (if you have 2 root grafts you could try to root someone every 7.5 minutes).

To roll QL200 grafts you have to roll exactly a L200 mission, not higher or lower like some items. This is part of why QL200 hacked grafts will go for 3-5M per, because many people can't roll exactly L200 missions. You can find grafts randomly in missions, but there are SO many, plus the Symbio vs. Boosted issue, that rolling or buying is far simpler.

There are other grafts that do the similar things as the ones below, but these are picked for best overall effect and lack of conflict with other grafts. For things like ACs and Reflects, there are other grafts of lower versions of each nano that you can look for if you can't meet the nano skill reqs.

Expect to pay (or SELL :) for between 2M and 5M for a QL200 Boosted version of the following. Some will be in higher demand than others. They can take awhile to clicksave. It took me 12 hours straight to get one of my Lesser Deflection Shield (Extended) ... but that one is one of the ones really worth rolling for. And you might get it on the first roll.

Again, QL200 means you need someone who can roll QL200 missions (but lower QLs, especially Boosteds, are still useful, just not worth nearly as much).

... Root Grafts:
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Lesser Paralyze with Indecision
... Locks PsychoMod
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Detain Suspect
... Locks PsychoMod as well, but much lower nano skill req ... good for super-lowbs
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Feet of Stone
... Locks MattCrea

... ACs / Reflects / Shields:
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Advanced Shielding Barrier
... Locks MattCrea, adds 343 to all ACs
... a little AC doesn't hurt, won't help high levels much but would be great for lower levels
... Conflicting skill lock with Feet of Stone, so mostly for soloing
... Fairly high reqs, so not for everyone

... ACs:
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Cloak of Fire
... Locks MattMet, Shield 15 all types for 30min, Absorb 60 Fire
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Spike Armor
... Locks MattMet, Shield 11 all types for 20min, 120 Melee AC
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Glowing Retribution
... Locks MattMet, Shield 8 all types for 25min, +99 max health, 75 Rad AC
... Use Cloak of Fire if that one exists? Don't know why this one was listed on auctions IF cloak exists
... heck, Spike Armor seems better, too (if they all exist, Cloak > Spike > Glowing)
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Lesser Deflection Shield (Extended)
... Locks TimeSpace, Reflect 13 (lasts 1 hour), Reflect, so it stacks with Damage Shields
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Lesser Deflection Shield
... Locks TimeSpace, Reflect 13 (lasts 30min)
... Mostly for if you can't meet the nano reqs but are close to Extended

... Buffs:
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Enhanced Senses
... Locks BioMet, helps when you can't find an Agent
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Hasty Augmentation Cloud
... Locks SensImp, adds 10 damage

... Morphs:
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Playful Cub
... Locks BioMet, +100 runspeed, +7 damage
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Sparrow Flight (Team)
... Locks BioMet, +190 runspeed, +15 evade, +190 swimming, -10 health
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Sparrow Flight
... See above, just not a team version

Or, from a combat/PvP perspective, look at it from the skills that are locked and the most beneficial use of those locks:

BioMet ... Playful Cub
MattCrea ... Root graft Feet of Stone for PvP, AC graft Advanced Shielding Barrier for PvM
MattMet ... Damage shields
PsychoMod ... Root graft
SensImp ... Hasty Augmentation Cloud
TimeSpace ... Lesser Deflection Shield (Extended)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Very useful guide.

I just want to add that root grafts are great in PvM too for pets professions because you can root a mob and run a bit away to recast your pet if your pet died or if you had to cancel it before he dies. Of course, if you are a profession that can self-heal fast, rooting the mobs is great too.

That said.... I can't roll 200 missions :cry:
Last edited by Chrisax on Tue May 23, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

you can roll QL198 missions ... and that means you lose a whopping 10 seconds on the lock time. QL200 is for selling, but "very close" is fine for casual usage.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hyde wrote:you can roll QL198 missions ... and that means you lose a whopping 10 seconds on the lock time. QL200 is for selling, but "very close" is fine for casual usage.
;) I guess I can just buy the ql200 I need. Mostly roots. I checked on global search and I found some at 3M. At level 220 I'd better buy than spending time rolling.

I can't wait anymore :crazy: ... need to put all my new stuff on and start the new Chrisax! Just need Biodome boots and one more enduring bots (or possibly two).

I miss one thing maybe... what is the interest in having Feet of Stone instead of Lesser Paralyze, as Lesser paralyze lasts longer?
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Chrisax, Feet of Stone locks *another* skill than Lesser Paralyze with Indecision! That means, you can use the two rootgrafts without having them conflict with eachother! :D
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

Alphacenta wrote:Chrisax, Feet of Stone locks *another* skill than Lesser Paralyze with Indecision! That means, you can use the two rootgrafts without having them conflict with eachother! :D
smart alpha :) using this on Aes I guess?
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Alphacenta wrote:Chrisax, Feet of Stone locks *another* skill than Lesser Paralyze with Indecision! That means, you can use the two rootgrafts without having them conflict with eachother! :D
Correct.

There is a 3rd root graft that also locks PsychoMod. Feet of Stone is the better one but the other is more useful for low level twinks since it has a lower nanoskill requirement.
mytefe
Big Leet

Re: Grafts guide (PvP and PvM)

Post by mytefe »

Hyde wrote:... Grafts ...
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Lesser Deflection Shield (Extended)
... Locks TimeSpace, Reflect 13 (lasts 1 hour), Reflect, so it stacks with Damage Shields
Hacked Boosted-Graft: Lesser Deflection Shield
... Locks TimeSpace, Reflect 13 (lasts 30min)
... Mostly for if you can't meet the nano reqs but are close to Extended
TY DrH :)

i have collected all the gratfts and use them all the time!
Im sure u know that you can get Blister Pack for Lesser Deflection Shield. This locks Pharma Tec Skill!! which means u can still use Time and Space skill for nano chargers.
Easy to Clicksave too! u can get Pill version too, but this only has 1 charge. Blister packs have 20 charges.
Blister packs are just as usefull if not more usefull than symbios becuase they lock a non nano skill.
A freshly picked BLUE rose for j00
<3