AOU Addy Link?

Chrisax
President

Re: AOU Addy Link?

Post by Chrisax »

Here it is
DOWLOAD LINK:http://www.athenpaladins.org/misc/AP_AO ... banner.jpg
So the concept is to break out a bit from the direct "this is our org" advertisement whether in OOC or role-playing modes, and to have "a film in the film", "a story in the story": the story of AP inspired the people of Rubi-Ka and movie producers, and a film was made about us...

I noticed the banners on the site were in 96dpi and not 72dpi so I made this one in 96dpi too. Just ask me if you want 72dpi.

Side note: I put a link to Ao-Universe in this forum
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... =16&t=4419
SceneGG
Mini Leet

Post by SceneGG »

Awesome banner :D, have added it to the front page rotation... strange about the dpi setting, unless you looked at one of the older ones. All the ones I've designed/updated were set to 72dpi. Shouldn't make a difference though.

EDIT: I did have to run it through Photoshop to adjust the file size... save for web dropped it from 171k to 41k
Tealc
Big Leet

Post by Tealc »

:D Very Cool. =D>
I haven't lost my Mind, it's backed up on a disk Somewhere.

TealcDragon
Snakebite
Mini Leet

Post by Snakebite »

SceneGG wrote:banner size for front page rotation is 160x600 JPEG @ 72dpi, and I'm not that influential to get you ingame AP thongs, we don't even have AOU Bra and Suspenders yet for Snakebite to pose around in - j/k :P
HEY!
I dunno, I don't pay attention to something for 5 secs & this is what happens!

Trust me, there's no way you'll get me into Bra & Suspenders (unless it's a Rocky Horror Bash), but on the other hand, Greasegirl will happily wear them ^^
AOUniverse Moderator Extrodinare
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Hello Snakebite too! :)
SceneGG wrote:Awesome banner :D, have added it to the front page rotation... strange about the dpi setting, unless you looked at one of the older ones. All the ones I've designed/updated were set to 72dpi. Shouldn't make a difference though.

EDIT: I did have to run it through Photoshop to adjust the file size... save for web dropped it from 171KB to 41kB
Thank you for the compliment, SceneGG. Coming for the designer of a very nice site, it's even more appreciated. :)

As no size was specified, I left it almost uncompressed, and you were right to resample it down to 41-42K and 72dpi instead of 96dpi. Well done.

And now... ](*,) :sorry: :scared: My bad...

I just saw there is a small issue with the border of the image at several spots (some of them highlighted below). It's my fault (it's on my original) and I was too sleepy to see it last night; probably happened during the various conversions from vector objects to bitmaps. And, now, YES, I am a PAIN... If you can (and only IF), would you be so kind to please use the version I fixed and that can be found just below. It's already 72dpi and 41KB with the name you used (I started from your own version, by the way.) If you don't feel like doing it, no problem. I just had to pay attention to what I was doing. Hit me. :bang:

And thank you for coming to our forums again. :D

Some of the flaws (visible on your site BUT that were on my original):

Download the fixed versionhttp://www.athenpaladins.org/misc/banner_10.jpg
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

sooo

I think we should make a movie..

I'm thinking someone films all the TL7's storming a omni tower site and building a CT :P
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Love the banner chris :)

The dpi change could be caused if your running the image through a php GD library script. also i think some browers incorrectly report the dpi of images or some such.
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Does DPI even matter anymore?

I've never seen it used for anything useful other than printing.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Oh my god you like that trox picture way too much.
SceneGG
Mini Leet

Post by SceneGG »

Chrisax wrote:Thank you for the compliment, SceneGG. Coming for the designer of a very nice site, it's even more appreciated. :)
Oh I've only recently been employed as wallpaperbannerytype designer, so I can't take credit for the whole site ;)

Fixed banner is uploaded.

/nerd mode
With regards to dpi, there were old web browsers that couldn't cope with any image over 72dpi, and used to resample them, resulting in the dimensions of images changing all over the place, dpi also affects the file size, which was a big thing when I first started web design - no broadband. Also old CRT monitors could only display at 72dpi, where as flatscreen displays at 96dpi.
/end nerd mode

:D
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

/nerd mode
With regards to dpi, there were old web browsers that couldn't cope with any image over 72dpi, and used to resample them, resulting in the dimensions of images changing all over the place, dpi also affects the file size, which was a big thing when I first started web design - no broadband. Also old CRT monitors could only display at 72dpi, where as flatscreen displays at 96dpi.
/end nerd mode
/retort-nerd mode
I can't comment on the browser problems (although I find it hard to beleive), but dpi doesn't affect the file size, the resolution does, and the dpi of your monitor depends on your resolution and the size of your monitor, not the type of monitor you have.
/end retort-nerd mode

;)
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

SceneGG wrote:Fixed banner is uploaded.
:D Thank you again, SceneGG.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »