Rulzern
King Size Leet

DB Old (Bosses in PW) Killing PH's

Post by Rulzern »

Edited Topic name (Grind42)

Old DB consists of 3 bosses (all in Perpetual Wastelands):

General Nitrox (PW 2040, 2460)
PH: General's inspector (PW 2040, 2460)
-Warps players away (makes him CH, need lots and lots and lots of damage + init debuffs to take him down)
-Stuns from time to time
-Debuffs nanoskills by 135

General Vivyan (PW 2120, 1765)
PH: General's right hand (PW 2120, 1765)
-Stuns occasionally

General Kronillis (PW 3330, 2165)
PH: Halbringer of general (PW 3330, 2165)
-Has 75% reflect most of the time (Dust Mirror Shield)
-Bring a trader for Borrow Reflect to remove the reflect

Drops:
Safeguarded NCU Memory Unit - Kronillis
Dust Collector
Exceptional Mother Nitrogena
Threatening Trousers - Nitrox
Pants of Participation
Mapmaker Boots
Dustbrigade Commander Boots
Dustbrigade Commander Chestpiece
Dustbrigade Commander Gloves
Dustbrigade Commander Skirt
Dustbrigade Commander Sleeves
Dustbrigade Trooper Boots
Dustbrigade Trooper Chestpiece
Dustbrigade Trooper Gloves
Dustbrigade Trooper Pants
Dustbrigade Trooper Sleeves
Dustbrigade Protective Vambrace
Specialized Dustbrigade Vambrace - Atrox Breed
Specialized Dustbrigade Vambrace - Nano Breed
Specialized Dustbrigade Vambrace - Opifex Breed - Kronillis
Sleek Gauntlets of Technique - Vivyan
Sleek Gauntlets of Slashing - Vivyan
Sleek Gauntlets of Crushing
Sleek Gauntlets of Thrusting
HUD Upgrade: Personal S.T.M - Kronillis
HUD Upgrade: Enhanced Target Acquisition - Kronillis

Spawning them:
All the generals have a placeholder that you need to kill, 15 minutes after killing the PH, either the boss will spawn, or another PH will. The placeholders drop very high-QL RK armor (up to QL300).

Please let me know if this information is incorrect or unclear.
Last edited by Rulzern on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chrisax
President

Re: Old DB Guide

Post by Chrisax »

Thanks a lot for this guide, Rulzie. :)

A few additions:

The Hud upgrades are the same as the ones that drop from TIM in Foreman's Office: it's easier to get them there, and to use Kronillis only if you can't enter Foreman's anymore.

(Removed a line about the spawns; see my post further with more acomplete info.)

Masked Commandos will try to run away and escape when they are close to die.

The old DB armor, especially the Commander one was the best Froob armor before Miy's armor was released. It still has some very nice features.

For example the 1% xp on the sleeves, and the Commander chest is extremely nice. Mapmaker boots for adventurer are excellent, with ACs comparable to Pandemonium items!

Also, the Dust Collector was the best RK back item, except the Notum Tank armors (from Mercenaries in EFP) and the Robust Backpack (from the Tarasque). It is amazingly easy to equip if you are a trader, as you not only have green CL but also you can buff it a lot with your self-buffs (you can cast high ones with Mochams and temporary implants). I assume a level 85ish froob trader could equip it.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Thanks a lot for this guide, Noobas.
I'm sure Noobas will be very happy to hear that you appreciated it!

Are you sure the Masked Commando Elite spawn the PH? The Right Hand spawns 15 minutes after you kill him if you don't kill any Masked Commandos.

Other things worth mentioning:
Dust Collector has more ACs than Perfected Alien Tank Armor, and be equipped at around the same time (I guess) by traders.
The Opifex Vambrace gives 30 dodge, the Perfected Masterpiece Ancient Bracer gives 20 AAD + 5 trickledown (you get 5 more ranged defense rating from the vambrace, without all that pesky (for some) HP.
The Nanobreed Vambrace gives nano init. and comp. lit., which might be useful for something.
The Sleek Gauntlets are fairly nice if you can't afford Alien Armor.
Equip yourself with the DB trooper set + exceptional mother nitrogena and a flesh hood or something, and you'll look almost exactly like a member of the most awesomest dust brigade!
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Bleh sorry Rulzie. I fixed my post. :( I have no idea why I made this slip, except that I was reading a guide post by Noobas before that and that I was tired too... it's my only excuse.

Rulzern wrote:Are you sure the Masked Commando Elite spawn the PH? The Right Hand spawns 15 minutes after you kill him if you don't kill any Masked Commandos.
Actually, I'm not sure anymore. It was like that long ago: the PH had a very long self-spawn time but could be spawned by commandos before its spawn time. But the spawn of the Uniques was changed at least twice over time and I had a look on the test servers and I saw that the PHs were up (almost?) always. So I think the commandos are just there to annoy you now.

Also, it seems that the spawn of Nitrox had been "normalized" (? needs verification) and that her own PH now spawns and spawns her. (needs verification too).

So the combination PH / General are (approximate spawn points in PW) :
General Kronillis (PW 3330, 2165)
PH: Halbringer of general (PW 3330, 2165)

General Vivyan (PW 2120, 1765)
PH: General's right hand (PW 2120, 1765)

General Nitrox (PW 2040, 2460)
PH: General's inspector (PW 2040, 2460)

I edited my post above accordingly to prevent confusion.

Thanks again, Rulzie :D
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Thanks Chris, the PH for Nitrox spawns, so I guess it's fixed. But Nirtox now heals up fully when he warps someone (maybe unlesss you pull him to the spot he warps to?).
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Does she heal if there is still someone else aggroing her? Could it just be an effect of the "mobs will heal up only if not aggro?", i.e. in this case, if she got rid of her only attacker by warping him away and the guy losing aggro?
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

She heals even when there's a bunch of people hitting her, and she's warped away the one that had aggro, she doesn't aggro someone else until after a while.