Mud
Leetissimo!

Clicksaver working version

Post by Mud »

Update January 28 2019:
Clicksaver 2.3.5
https://www.ao-universe.com/user/upload ... -2.3.5.zip
Updated by Uragon 26-01-2011
See http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showpo ... tcount=127 to use with AO 18.5 and later

Previous update (2014):
Anonfx wrote:Update on Clicksaver...

For those coming back to the game and using CS (Clicksaver) for short...the 18.5 patch of AO prevented CS from working for many people, but have no fear...there is a fix for it :)

But before we get to the Clicksaver fix;

If you are coming back to the game and deleted AO and CS and are starting fresh...you can; Download Anarchy Online Here and/or Download Clicksaver Here The Clicksaver version will be 2.3.5

Anarchy Online is an Exe file...but for Clicksaver you will need a Zip program...this also applies to the CS fix files below...once done, create a folder...me, I created a "Clicksaver" folder on my desktop and then extracted the CS info into that folder.

Next, the fix to get CS working...

If you are using windows Vista or later...download the the exe and hook DLL here

If you are using windows XP...download the the exe and and DLL here

Again note, both fix downloads are zip files. Once the fixes have been downloaded, extract the fix files into the same folder you downloaded Clicksaver...you'll be asked if you want to "replace" exe and dll...click yes and your set to use Clicksaver.

Now it's time to update the database in Clicksaver...

Make sure Anarchy Online is NOT running and is patched to the current version. Run Clicksaver...find the destination folder that Anarchy Online is at on your computer...update. Note, it takes roughly 30 seconds - 1.5 mins to complete the database update.

If you forgot how to use Clicksaver...go here.

________________________________________________________________________________

Of course there is another alternative, hosted by Arpa3...keep in mind downloading and using the Arpa3 version without donating to the project, you run into some annoying ads built into the CS program, plus you lose out on rolling 200 RPM (rolls per minute) compared to the standard 30 RPM. For more info...Click Here

Original post:

Update on Clicksaver after servers merge: http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... 059#p59059 (in this thread)

It's been years since I used clicksaver, does it still work?

I tried installing it from ao universe and I can't get it to run, anyone else have issues with it?
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Chrisax
President

Re: clicksaver

Post by Chrisax »

Clicksaver still works but it has exploded into several versions now.

See

"Official" version
http://www.halorn.com/clicksaver.html
and
Agaille's guide to Clicksaver
http://www.marquentein.dk/clicksaver/download.html
(with already made settings files)

and for another version (unofficial)
http://arpa3.net/ao/tools.html

You unfortunately have to try. Also, you may need to run it as administrator on Win 7 or Vista.

Other AP's could probably give you more info and feedback.
Axirillon
Big Leet

Post by Axirillon »

Clicksaver always caused issues on my comp so I went with mishbuddy, works like a charm but as Chris said need to experiment a little.

- Axi
Croke
Strong Leet

Post by Croke »

Work with mishbudy here aswell works just find for me.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Wasn't mishbuddy accused to contain spyware or malware at some point? Just asking.
InsaneEvan
Strong Leet

Post by InsaneEvan »

I use the arpa3 version and it's never given me any problems at all.
"Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate; it is that we are powerful beyond measure"
Marianne Williamson
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

no matter what version of clicksaver I try to use, once I launch, it asks to locate the AO directory, I do that, then click continue to update the database...and I get

ClickSaver error
Failed to create local database
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Do you have AO totally shut down, Mud? You need to have no AO at all running while updating the database.

And did you launch clicksaver with "run as admin"?
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

yup and yup

ran as admin, AO is not running

does it matter where I put clicksaver? should it be in my AO folder, I didn't think it matter since you have to point to the ao directory anyways
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Personally I had it in another folder and pointed to the AO folder if I recall correctly. I haven't reinstalled it yet on my new system.

Try in the AO folder though.

How are you running Windows 7 now? On a Mac?
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

I got it up and running on Win7 about a month ago.

And yeah, Mishbuddy was the one that was trojaned when it was first released. I still see people using it. I've been too concerned to give it a shot on my system. It was nice, better interface than Clicksaver for some uses, but Clicksaver still works.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

mud, that problem youre talkinga bout, I've seen it too.

I think there are two fixes, or, at least one of two fixes that I've tried that make it work.

The first is you have to go into the AO directory and for this folder or the one containing the AO folder, set the preferences so that it's accessible (not locked), and, if you have UAC, unblock it, also, go to the properties on clicksaver and unblock that as well. Thats the first solution and usually works.

the other thing I've tried is to move the AO directory onto my desktop. This causes some issues to go away that I was having with AO crashing and, occasionally item icons would disappear in Vista. Now I'm in Win 7, but I still have AO on my desktop from habit.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Anonfx
Giant Leet

Post by Anonfx »

Update on Clicksaver...

For those coming back to the game and using CS (Clicksaver) for short...the 18.5 patch of AO prevented CS from working for many people, but have no fear...there is a fix for it :)

But before we get to the Clicksaver fix;

If you are coming back to the game and deleted AO and CS and are starting fresh...you can; Download Anarchy Online Here and/or Download Clicksaver Here The Clicksaver version will be 2.3.5

Anarchy Online is an Exe file...but for Clicksaver you will need a Zip program...this also applies to the CS fix files below...once done, create a folder...me, I created a "Clicksaver" folder on my desktop and then extracted the CS info into that folder.

Next, the fix to get CS working...

If you are using windows Vista or later...download the the exe and hook DLL here

If you are using windows XP...download the the exe and and DLL here

Again note, both fix downloads are zip files. Once the fixes have been downloaded, extract the fix files into the same folder you downloaded Clicksaver...you'll be asked if you want to "replace" exe and dll...click yes and your set to use Clicksaver.

Now it's time to update the database in Clicksaver...

Make sure Anarchy Online is NOT running and is patched to the current version. Run Clicksaver...find the destination folder that Anarchy Online is at on your computer...update. Note, it takes roughly 30 seconds - 1.5 mins to complete the database update.

If you forgot how to use Clicksaver...go here.

________________________________________________________________________________

Of course there is another alternative, hosted by Arpa3...keep in mind downloading and using the Arpa3 version without donating to the project, you run into some annoying ads built into the CS program, plus you lose out on rolling 200 RPM (rolls per minute) compared to the standard 30 RPM. For more info...Click Here
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Thanks FX :D

I added a link to your post above to
"IF YOU ARE COMING BACK TO AO AND WANT THE LAST NEWS..." thread

I also edited the first post ogf this thread and also again posted in General messages
Aiodom
Mini Leet

Post by Aiodom »

I have something to add to this subject for those who level alts. As it stands, CS was not alt friendly, meaning, if you enter in all those rollable nano's and such for your main, you'll need a fresh copy of CS for another character. Simpliy making a copy of your current CS folder and putting it in another file does not work.

What I did;

I downloaded a fresh copy of CS. Created a different folder on my desktop called it (ClickSaver-Doctor)...put that fresh copy of CS into the folder I created. I then made a master folder, calling it ClickSaver. I then placed both folders (ClickSaver-Adventurer and ClickSaver-Doctor) into the master folder.

And there you have it...you have 2 versions of CS, repeat steps for any other alts your are rolling for :)