AO Items Assistant "Plus" DOWNLOAD - AOIA Plus - aoitems

Chrisax
President

AO Items Assistant "Plus" DOWNLOAD - AOIA Plus - aoitems

Post by Chrisax »

The new version "+" of Anarchy Online Items Assistant, working with the last patch Anarchy Online v18.6.9, is here on Athen Paladins servers.

Download link:

http://www.athenpaladins.org/down/AO_It ... .1.6.2.zip

"AO Items Assistant +" is a "fork" (new development branch) of AO Items Assistant ("AOIA")

Download and unzip the zip file to any empty folder of your hard disk, then read the readme text file for the install. (Install is as simple as putting of the file in a foler and telling AOIA where your AO files are/)

Attention: AOIA may be unable to work with Windows user account names that contain special characters (for example the ones use in Northern countries). It can't create the user folder in /appData for those names. The solution is to create a simpler name.
Features

A number of enhancements are added over Morten’s official AOIA;
Account segregation in “Inventory” View.
Credits displayed, with option to disable in “Inventory” View.
Bio-Materials and Frozen Crystals correctly sorted by type in “Identify” View.
Ofab types added to “Identify” View.
Fixed a bug in the “Identify” View that would cause AOIA to crash.
Fixed a bug causing AOIA to not correctly locate your Anarchy Online Prefs on x64 bit windows systems.
Options menu added allowing;
Manual location of Anarchy Online prefs folder should some users require this.
Minimising to Taskbar or System Tray.
Displaying of Total/Account/Toon credits on/off in “Inventory” view.
:: v1.1.6.2 added :: 16/10/2013 ::
Updated to work with latest Anarchy Online v18.6.9
Added functionality to view item details on Demoders aoitems web site.
Menu Option to allow AOIA+ to start with windows and/or to start minimised
Prefs should be correctly and consistently saved between sessions now
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: NEW AO Items Assistant "Plus" DOWNLOAD

Post by noobas »

I'm a noob:

I can't locate the AO directory using the the +/- boxes (because it's hidden)

How do I tell my system to open up the folder so I can see where it's located?
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

AO folder shouldn't be hidden.

It's something like :
C:\Funcom\Anarchy Online

or the Funcom folder is inside on of the "programs" folders depending on your system.

To make all hidden folders visible:

In Windows File Explorer:

- Click on "Tools"
- Then on the tab "view"
- Then in the category "hidden files and fgolders" select "show", close; you can now see your previously hidden folders
- you can revert to "hide" by following the same procedure

If the FC or AO folders happen to be hidden, once you have located them, r-click if, properties, and then uncheck "hidden".

But TBH I would be surprised they are hidden. It's maybe another issue.

Do you have an AO shortcut? Then r-click it and somewhere you have "open file location". This will open the AO folder so you can see where it is.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I found it, my prefs are stored in a hidden folder, but the actual install is on my F drive, which is why I couldn't find it.

Thanks for your help though chris.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

I'm having issues with Item Assistant. Everything was working fine until I transferred my doctor from one account to the other.

I rename my bags on my characters, often as simply as "_01", "_02", etc. Sometimes I add more info to the bag names like "_Nanos_01", etc.

When I transferred my doc I lost all the preferences in AO. None of my bags in-game were named anymore. This was not totally unexpected. Bredindoc still appeared in my AOIA however, now under both accounts. I figured, no problem, I will just delete the toon from the original account in AOIE. My problem i that the bag names from the first account persist in AOIA, no matter what I do. I rename a bag in-game, put it in my bank, back in inventory, the name never is updated in AOIA.

I did a completely fresh install of AOIA. Unzipped into a totally clean directory. Had to re-browse to my Anarchy Online account and everything. When I started anarchy online after this re-install I saw that Bredindoc is still listed on both accounts, still with those old bag names.

Arrgg!
General, Athen Paladins
Boomer
The Boom

Post by Boomer »

I have issues aswell, I had to install it as admin, and in order for it to run right I have to run as admin. go figure
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

The program creates some files when you run it (ItemAssistant.conf, ItemAssistant.db, and aoitems.db). It also creates the "binfiles" directory with a file for each toon. I don't understand where the names I gave my bags are mapping to the actual bags if not in one of those files.

I bought a new small backpack. I saw it pop into my inventory on AOIA. I put a pearl in the bag, and seconds later saw the pearl in AOIA. I renamed this new backpack in the game, and saw it renamed in AOIA. I attempted to rename one of my older bags, no change was reflected in AOIA.

It's frustrating that Anarchy Online is so archaic in these ways that we need to rely on 3rd party software for basic functionality. I wonder if there are any alternative inventory management tools out there? Ugh. Maybe I should develop my own. Ugh again.

EDIT: Problem Solved

So, when you transfer characters a character folder is left in the Prefs subdirectory for the original account. This seemed to break AOIA somewhat. I deleted teh character subdir for my doctor in the folder for both my accounts. I then renamed all my bags (again) and all seems ok.
General, Athen Paladins
Scykeep
Big Leet

Re: AO Items Assistant "Plus" DOWNLOAD - AOIA Plus - aoitems

Post by Scykeep »

lifesaver, thanks! I had a old version that didnt work, this seems to fix it <3

EDIT: app is launching, but i can't get it to "scan" my account/items. So far i think it might be a pref location issue, which i cant find

EDIT #2: found my issue, i had to run both AOIA and AO Client at the same privilige levels.

Hope this helps others too! :)

/Scy