The new damage dumper?

Mophro
Giant Leet

The new damage dumper?

Post by Mophro »

Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

unstable but nice :) tyty Moph ( :shock: headbang name!)
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier
Mophro
Giant Leet

unstable?

Post by Mophro »

Havent had any stability problems, only not-yet-impoemented features.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

its an awesome program ... but until they fix Backstab, Unknown and DoT damage ... it's pretty much making my 2 best toons look even gimpier than I know they are :)
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

that program has nothing to do with your gimpiness!
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

true ... but at least I got my first main to 218 before I stopped levelling him ^^
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Got to say that when finished this will be a great program but atm all the missing features make it painful.

Biggest problem is there is no support for pets = I look gimpy on it :P

gj finding it mop, this will be one to watch.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Hehhee, nice prog ^^
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

Hyde wrote:true ... but at least I got my first main to 218 before I stopped levelling him ^^
pfft!
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

well, i can't get the stupid thing to work, can't find the log file i need, ragin tried to help me, but yeah...I can't find it
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Mud, did you set the window with all the channels in hide, with LOGGING on? And also, did you look for the log path? If it doesn't work, I got it to work and will try to help you if I see you online :)

Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

okay, got it installed...lets see if I can get it to work, found everything I needed.
mytefe
Big Leet

damage dumper i use is..

Post by mytefe »

the one is use is
http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... age+dumper

then there is a faq:
http://www.kittysafe.net/ao/aoparser_tutorial.txt
makes vvv nice colours and u can put output to any channel, not just team channel. ucan reset all data from game by making macro! soo easy i can do it. :roll:
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

You can post mD results also in any channel :wink: (Just make sure you're not talking to Clan OOC or something when giving the results ^^)

Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

after serious usage of both AOParser and Magic Dump, here is my quick review.

Summary: Magic Dump wins hands-down for 1 or 2 teams and solo activity. AOParser wins in large raids and when you want to have something up and stable all the time. Both have their place, but for the casual user I'd say Magic Dump is the overall winner. Either will work just fine.

AOParser:

:) Low resource usage (ie, consumes less CPU/etc)

:) :) Allows you to see an entire raid's statistics in order (not just individuals from the raid)

:( Minimal reporting functionality

:) Allows cut-and-paste of statistics (making up for some of the missing reporting funcionality and allowing you to report things that Magic Dump can't, like the bottom-10 DDs of a raid, etc).

:( Does NOT automatically determine which pet belongs to which owner ... to to group dmg the simplest way, the owner must name the pets after themselves (but does allow you to manually configure this if the pet doesn't have the owners name)

:) Allows manual grouping (the same way you assign a pet to an owner manually) via drag and drop, allowing for instance the ability to put all people in a team under 1 of the team members so that you can monitor whether team 1 is going to OD team 2 (very handy for key raids, etc, where damage rights are paramount).

:) Doesn't halt/crash on large raids

:) :) VERY VERY stable

:( Apparently hard to configure for some people

:( older versions may not work on some peoples' systems due to library incompatibilities

:) To me it has a less "obtrusive" display ... it doesn't call my attention to it as often as Magic Dump

Magic Dump:

:) :) :) MUCH MUCH nicer reporting functionality. Not just for the team, but if you select a person in the list of people monitored, you can produce individual stats for that one person (or yourself)

:( :( Tends to freeze/halt reporting in large raids (30-40 or more people)

:( Tends to crash when you try to forcibly close it after its halted with spammy error windows

:( Very "busy" UI, distracting

:) Lots of good info in that UI without having to drill down into the stats like with AOParser

:) Automatically assigns pets to owners based on the pets chat channel ("Chrisax's Pet: The Rihwen" lets it know Rihwen's dmg belongs to Chrisax ... as long as there aren't more than 1 Rihwen's ... if there are I'm not yet sure what it does).

:? Allows -reporting- of all individuals in a raid, but does not show you the whole raid at a glance ... you only see the top 10 people ranked in order and can't filter out or reverse the rankings.

:) :) Has a LOT of non-Damge Dumper features like tracking loot, seeing who has aggro, WARNING if you have aggro, being able to monitor for chat statements and fire off keypresses when it finds them (sort of like Chat Alert and others) ... some really impressive stuff.

:) Somewhat more configurable on when to write up the reporting scripts, so can cause less disk-writing resource usage.