Veteran Account

senare
Strong Leet

Veteran Account

Post by senare »

Hi I am pondering if i should spend some hard earned points on getting a second account ... I was hopping some one had some experiences to share and maybe a few good advice :)

I have only 1 toon @ 200/20/30/70 Workboy my eng

I have 200 enforecer who is planned for s7 twink ... (ongoing project as it is called)

I have 155 doc (used to be for s10) plan is to lvl to 220/endgame

150 MA planned for s10 ongoing projekt ...

125 NT supposed to lvl him ...

100 sold lvling ...

some lower ones ...

Any advice on how it works ? Anything i should do before getting vet account (upgrades that carries over) ? How many character slot ya get ... ? Same as original ?

How do I assign toon's ? I suspect ya have to pay for transfers ... ?
enakur
Leet

Re: Veteran Account

Post by enakur »

when buying the veteran account, you get an account with shared veteran points etc.

You will have to pay to transfer one character to another account. Fun part of course is you have now the opportunity to log two paid accounts..

Best eNa
Nic
Big Leet

Post by Nic »

once your accounts have been linked you can also transfer toons between accounts although it does costs, so cant do it all the time!

I did it to separate my doc from my other main toons so he could help them level.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I wouldn't get a second account until you have 4+ 220's or you're out of room for toons.

And when I say you're "out of room" what I mean is, you have 10+ finished toons that you do not intend to level/play other than the specific instance/PVP range/whatever that you built them for.

Otherwise it's just a bit of a money sink without a lot of real increase in value.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

Well its easier to lvl if i can dual my 220 to pull the inf mish right :)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

definitely it is.

And it'll make it a lot easier to build teams, but you got to be very careful, since doc is low DPS unless you have an epic setup, and you won't be doing any DPS on your alt on follow.

That means you already got 2 slots taken in your team which are low DPS contributors. If you plan to babysit other people in org, or buddies or whatever, it will get so slow that you won't even want to do inf mishes after the first day.

The trick to inf missions is having a mix of profs, all of which are playing hard, it doesn't really matter if they aren't in epic setups, but it sure helps to get things moving.

I remember joining many inf teams in my past where i'd be one of 3-4 toons of a lower level, since I play hard I and run damage parsers I know I can hold my own but that's not the "usual" case. Sometiems, a inf easy takes an hour to complete, and then you have to leave and puke in the toilet.. so just be wary of lack of DPS. It's really the driver behind inf success and the primary reason people don't like to take lowbies.
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

Yeah i can relate to the 1h scenario ... been there to often id say. But in my case was planning to put my doc on follow efter 220 engie ... doc isn't so Popular at those lvls due to low dps and most wont need a doc for doing inf easy and IF you do need it you are in danger of having the first scenario anyways. Ihave no reason to do inf mish on engie nowdays but i am assuming that it will be doable ... the 4 slots left for random dps or org / friends ...
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

oh hell ya, if you have 220 engi pulling and primary DPS you'll be fine.

Doc on follow is ideal, just make sure to set him to full DEF.

Hows your setup on workboy? Engie's can crank DPS in inferno.. but it takes a bit of gear to boost it from 'good' to 'holy shit'.
senare
Strong Leet

Post by senare »

Yeah ... i am to cheap to spring for supple since i dont pvp ... basicly its a crit setup ... somewhat up to date in my post here ...