Scripting commands you use often

Mortus
Maxi Leet

Scripting commands you use often

Post by Mortus »

Writing up a short list of scripts I've found useful. I have scripts for most of the common functions I use from Bobsan, so instead of writing a /tell bobsan !command XXX or spamming orgchat with !command XXX I just do a /command XXX. I'm listing all the scripts I currently have so you can get some tips or ideas. If you have some useful script I don't please post it! Theese scripts are all 1-line ones, with the sole purpose of saving me some typing. With a bit of efford you could do more advanced stuff. One of the better ideas is a script that changes the graphics settings (see the "game options" link), this way you can have one PvE setting for graphics and one PvP or Zergraid setting (or more) that you can toggle between running different scripts (instead of changing the settings maually).

Scripting can save you a lot of typing, and also offer some fun options like making a looping dace script, afk-spamming script, or whatnot. It's fairly simple: you create a txt-file containing the command you wish to run and put it in your x:\...\AO\scripts\ folder. You can safely remove the file extention (.txt). I don't intend to write any guides on scripting, so I'll settle with linking to existing ones.

Writing scripts can be done by creating a the txt-file manually. However there is a great 3rd party program called AO Scripter that eases script creation tremendously. It's from Unity of the rose and you can get it here.

Variables you can use:

%t whatever you are currently targeting
%m your nick
%f the target you are currently attacking, not necessarily what you are targeting
%1 through %9 first variable provided after the script name (eg "/scriptname Hermesia is awesome" where %1 = Hermesia, %2 = is and %3 = awesome)

Guides on scripting:
Anarchyarcanum Game Tech: Scripting, Basic
Anarchyarcanum Game Tech: Scripting, Advanced
Related guides:
Anarchyarcanum Game Tech: Power Macros
Anarchyarcanum Game Tech: Game Options
AORP - ScriptEditor Never tried it but I guess it's good to ease up scripting.

----- EXAMPLES -----

checkshop
/showfile x:/x/AO/Prefs/ACCOUNTNAME/Char0000000000/PlayerShopLog.html
Displays the file that stores my current player shop log. In other words I can see if someone bought stuff from my shop without going there. Just find the correct character directory and put the correct path in the script.

namesoff - /option ShowAllNames 0
- turns ShowAllNames off

namesoff - /option ShowAllNames 1
- turns ShowAllNames on

apf - /tell alienfun timers
- check Alien Playfields' timer

apf2 - /tell pfchat !pf
- check Alien Playfields' timer using omni's bot

is - /tell bobsan !is %1
- "/is Charname" to check online status

is2 - /tell unitybot !is %1
- Same as above when bobsan is down

it - /tell bobsan !items %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
- does an item search, e.g. "/it faithful fixer armor". Note that /items or /item will not work as a scripname, they seem to be used for something else (I assume GM commands)

it2 - /tell itemsnet %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9
- same as above using itemsnet (which searches Kyr'ozch weapons better then bobsan)

mission - /tell bobsan !mission %1
- finding out mission levels, e.g. "/mission 207"

online - /tell bobsan !online %1
- e.g. "/online" to see all Paladins currently online or "/online meta" to see all MPs

pvp - /tell bobsan !pvp %1
- pvp range, e.g. "/pvp 207"

recipe - tell recipebot search %1
- e.g. "/recipe [Item reference]" to find out if that item is used in a recipe or "/recipe Tier" to find the recipe for tier armors

tara - /tell cameloot timer
- find out tarasque timer

timers - /tell bobsan !timers
- show bobsan's timers

whois - /tell bobsan !whois %1
- e.g. "/whois Hermesia"

whois2 - /tell helpbot !whois %1
- Same as above
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

remove the /pvp; the bot's pvp ranges are WAY outdated :) So the only thing it'll do is misinform you :wink:
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Alphacenta wrote:remove the /pvp; the bot's pvp ranges are WAY outdated :) So the only thing it'll do is misinform you :wink:
Is it since the bobsan-crash or has it always been like that? News to me then, but of course I don't pvp. Do you know any bot that has updated pvp ranges?
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Mortus wrote:
Alphacenta wrote:remove the /pvp; the bot's pvp ranges are WAY outdated :) So the only thing it'll do is misinform you :wink:
Is it since the bobsan-crash or has it always been like that? News to me then, but of course I don't pvp. Do you know any bot that has updated pvp ranges?
No all bots that I know of have outdated ranges. Botmasters seem too lazy to redo it :)

mytefe
Big Leet

macro or script for special attack

Post by mytefe »

Hiya!!

I am not vv clever but i use aoscripter and make nice scripts for colours and stuff.
I would like to make script or macro that will do Burst attack every 10 seconds. can someone tell me how to do this please? i check on websites and but cant find :?
A freshly picked BLUE rose for j00
<3
mytefe
Big Leet

infinite Dance!!!

Post by mytefe »

This is script i make to keep dancing!! vvvv funny when AFK, when u come back u have 100 tells :twisted:

Copy and paste into aoscripter ( nice easy quick simple) or ( stupid long hard way )
make new text document called "dance.txt", copy and paste into it. then remove the ".txt" extension and put into \Funcom\Anarchy Online\scripts

/pulp
/delay 15000
/pulp
/delay 10000
/%0

Warning!! the variable "%0" means the current running script,.
so "/%0" means run the current script
so u will never stop dancing!!
to stop dancing u have to run another script, but sometimes that dont work.

hope u like, lets party at vangs afk style!
<3
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Mytefe to make an eternal script stop simply make the following script:

Filename: "stop"
Stuff in it: "/delay 1"

It will instantly interrupt that script of you :D And no, the every-10s-burst-script doesn't exist. Or at least not that I know of... :)

Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Actually this should have been changed in the "new" Bobsan. Its still not accurate, but I thought they made it much closer. "old" Bobsan was almost a year behind and not updated, as are many other org bots, but I used the most recent IGN when I rebuilt him.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

It is impossible to script burst or any other game-affecting action through the AO client scripting language.

However, something like Magic Dump -will- allow you to do this using a combination of log files and your quickbar.

Its also probably considered an exploit, as it allows for the creation of healbots and attackbots. However, I personally have no problem with it (I don't use it, but I don't care if someone else does) since certain profs like Keepers and Engis already have access to similar abilities in-game.

Hell, it can even be used to create a buff-bot where people can walk up to your toon and say the name of the buff in vicinity or a bot channel and get a buff automatically.
mytefe
Big Leet

dont work for me

Post by mytefe »

Alphacenta wrote:Mytefe to make an eternal script stop simply make the following script:

Filename: "stop"
Stuff in it: "/delay 1"

It will instantly interrupt that script of you :D And no, the every-10s-burst-script doesn't exist. Or at least not that I know of... :)
Hmm i tried ithat but it dont work. it has same instructions on website but no good for me.

OOH IT WORKS!!
/delay 10

YAY ty Alphacenta!!
:happytrooper:
:apftw:
<3