Pyramid of Home Guide (Patch 18.8.6) - please contribute!

Olindria
Little Leet

Re: Pyramid of Home guide (Patch 18.8.6) - please contribute!

Post by Olindria »

Chrisax wrote:Posted on Alliance forums, in the tread linking to our own thread here:
CDN_Kynethic wrote:It's more possible to bring alts since repatch as it seems the adds repop got removed, or was made way longer than before.

A "few" trashmobs have been removed - However the cultist's repop every 20mins, the ones in sneak mainly - They are "buggable" but by the time they bug you're usually dead
badsector
Growing Leet

Post by badsector »

https://youtu.be/i8h-nTt5mxQ

As I suspected u dont need to kite final boss. It seems is mandatory to mezz/lmn fire balls, dont know how easy is to mezz, would like some feedback from mezzers.
Zagalote 220/30 Soldier
Badsctor 220/30 Trader
Badnpets 220/30 MP
Zagat0 220/30 Shade
Nosolas 220/30 Enforcer
Docsolas 218/29 Doctor
Olindria
Little Leet

Post by Olindria »

badsector wrote:https://youtu.be/i8h-nTt5mxQ

As I suspected u dont need to kite final boss. It seems is mandatory to mezz/lmn fire balls, dont know how easy is to mezz, would like some feedback from mezzers.
Very nice of you for sharing think, even though the unstable thingie removes it's shield, so kiting is recommended else youl be there a couple of hours =p
badsector
Growing Leet

Post by badsector »

For me kiting is run in circles (usually) and do nukes/specials when u can. In this case u just need to lure boss into rift so he looses Mirror of Xan, thats not kiting imo.
Zagalote 220/30 Soldier
Badsctor 220/30 Trader
Badnpets 220/30 MP
Zagat0 220/30 Shade
Nosolas 220/30 Enforcer
Docsolas 218/29 Doctor
Olindria
Little Leet

Post by Olindria »

badsector wrote:For me kiting is run in circles (usually) and do nukes/specials when u can. In this case u just need to lure boss into rift so he looses Mirror of Xan, thats not kiting imo.
Yeah - It's just easier to remember though ^^
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

nice job guys.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Ultra
Champion Leet

Post by Ultra »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Woah... that's nice for AP and thanks a lot to the author of the video :) but I mentioned this is the job of many (and with the major work of Meep). So I want to remind everyone of that! :)

I'll try to add a thank you and a note about this on YouTube (need to make an account)
Ultra
Champion Leet

Post by Ultra »

Chrisax wrote: I'll try to add a thank you and a note about this on YouTube (need to make an account)
One step closer to facebook ;)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
badsector
Growing Leet

Post by badsector »

Done!

Zagalote 220/30 Soldier
Badsctor 220/30 Trader
Badnpets 220/30 MP
Zagat0 220/30 Shade
Nosolas 220/30 Enforcer
Docsolas 218/29 Doctor
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Awesome work Zag !

=D> =D> =D> :happytrooper: =D> =D> =D> =D>

Adding Pyramid of Home maps to the Guide (first post). I'll update them when you do.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Zag, great great job on the new maps with which you edited your post above. =D>

But one thing for the future: please, never edit a post to add new content unless you ALSO make a NEW post to say it :)

Because the forums don't show an edited post as "new" and so everyone will miss your valuable new update! :)

For example, until your told me you completed the maps, I didn't notice it because the thread was showing no new post. :)

So eirher:
- a totally new post
- edit a previous post AND add a new post saying something like "dited my post above / guide / original post / ... "

I'll add your new maps now to the guide :D

Thanks a lot again!
Agamundos
Mini Leet

Re: Pyramid of Home Guide (Patch 18.8.6) - please contribute!

Post by Agamundos »

Here are some advices I learnt after doing PoH (and dieing) several times:

How to blitz through 4th, 6th and 7th floors when portals are open and mobs respawned:

Floor 4:
there is only one cultist hidden right before portal room. Sometimes I found it right inside portal room. You can usually run past it without being spotted: just run, don't stop, don't jump, when passing thru the grate door (where cultist hides behind) hugh the left side of door.
If you get aggro, don't worry: just jump on the libraries placed into portal room, this is usually enough to make cultist run out of the room, then you are free to use portal.

Floor 6:
in the two large squared rooms there are altairs on the right side: use them to lose aggro. Caution: they seem to work for one toon at a time only, so if someone is already standing there, don't use it.
Next room north is a small square room with 4 firelights: you can jump on firelights to lose aggro, especially when dealing with the cultist elder standing 2 rooms forward.
Let her spot you without rushing toward her, so she won't spawn her pet, and will start chasing you instead. As soon as she starts running, go into the firelights room and jump onto one of them.
Cultist elder will run away southward, then you are free to run up north.
Caution: her pet will ignore all firelights or altairs and will kill you anywhere, that's why she should not have the chance to spawn it.
To deal with horrors sitting near (1) and into (2) portal room, best way is still to run fast trying to target portal in advance and use E as soon as you are in range, again don't jump, don't stop, and maybe they won't spot you.
If you get aggro, just run down and jump on a firelight to lose it.
Caution: horrors won't see you if you are on a light before it enters the firelights room.
If you jump when horror already is into that room, it usually kills you onto the light.
Some ppl can just do a single run from start to portal without aggroing any mob. I guess fixer speed or Rage may be helpful.

Floor 7:
As soon as you click on Floor 6 portal, you find yourself into a room with a couple mobs. Just run through doors and follow the path ignoring all mobs until you reach Maiden's arena: as soon as you enter it, jump on the small altair at the right side and you'll be safe.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Thanks, looks like a nice addition, Agamundos :D
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

updated team recommendations, significantly updated tactics on Phobettor, added basic and advanced tactics on phobettor, added more detailed tactics on Ajada the joyous.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln