Dual Gelids on a Fr00b Doctor

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Hyde
Hyde!

Dual Gelids on a Fr00b Doctor

Post by Hyde »

Posting this for Mytefe's doc friend (Chewysomething).

Its not easy ... and I didn't write up a full guide ... but this is enough hints to get you there.

The following are what you need to get 904 MultiMelee @ 200 as a fr00b (dual gelids on a 200 fr00b Doc) ... actually ... quite a lot more if you are insane about it.

NOTES:

* Look for "Anarchy Online Skill Emulator" by Nillan OR play with Auno.org's Equipment Config tool ... you can mix and match the stuff below alot to get 904. If you do EVERYTHING below, I got MM up to 964 with QL250 implants (and to 925 with QL200 implants) but there are some ugly things you have to do to get there, so its alot better to mix it up.

* I assumed Solitus, breed will have an effect on the skill a bit from trickledown.

* Look up all these items on Auno.org ... there are posts about each item on Auno telling you where to get them that aren't in some of the other sites.

* THIS IS NOT EASY ... Smelly Butcher Gloves AND the Dragon Tooth Poker are from Cameloot/Tarasque.

* The poker usually goes for very few points ... sometimes none ... problem is you will have to get one that is a low enough QL to be able to equip as a doc. Look at the items on Auno.org to decide what the max quality you can afford to use is (I don't think it drops below QL150ish, so you'll have to spend -some- IP in Piercing ... if you're not willing to do this I'm not sure you can do the Gelids unless you can get QL250ish implants on). The nice thing about the poker is you can equip in both hands, and it gives +25 per.

* Funcom screwed fr00bs on MM ... not even a generic buff. I don't personally think I would find the below worth-while.

* GOOD NEWS: 1HE, Multi Melee and Fast Attack don't clash -anywhere- in implant locations. However 1HE -does- clash with treatment in the right hand and with MM in the eye. So we have to ladder in the best implants you can (laddering implants is something far beyond this post ... you'll have to work with someone while you're doing this)

ITEMS OF INTEREST:

* Lichen-Colored Phlegmatic Helmet ... drops from Hollow Island ... I've never seen it drop myself, and you need the highest QL you can get ... means alot of HI camping ... up to +16 MM

* Smelly Butcher Gloves ... Tarasque/Cameloot ... pretty popular, but not one of the insanely expensive items (however, it is rare) ... +21 MM.

* Brood Champion Gauntless (INSTEAD of Smelly Butcher Gloves) ... Hollow Island again ... but not as rare. QL200 only gives +5 MM, QL300 (not sure it really drops) gives +10 MM. Nowhere NEAR as good as the Smelly Butcher Gloves so you have to figure out how much you need.

* Juggler's Treat ... ring ... +10 MM ... not NODROP so you can borrow one of these (UNIQUE though, you only get 1)

* Silly Ring ... +2 MM ... Also Hollow Island ... fairly rare if it drops ... +2 is negligible so camp this last or maybe hope it drops while camping other items.

* Nano Buffs: Essence of Behemoth, Feline Grace, Stamina Boost, Iron Circle, Strength Boost, Agility Boost for max trickledown

* QL200 implants ... +210 to all needed skills, +55 STR, +88 AGI, +110 STA ... you can make do with QL200s IF you get the Dragon Tooth Pokers and IP

* QL250 implants ... +246 to all needed skills, +63 STR, +102 AGI, +127 STA. Requires 1521 treatment. With insane twinking I'm thinking a fr00b may be limited to around QL250 implants but I've never tried. It won't be easy. You will REQUIRE more than QL200 implants if you don't get the Dragon Tooth Pokers equipped ... honestly, I think it will be better for you to see how high you can ladder your implants (plan it out on paper ahead of time) to see if you can skip the pokers so you don't need to IP Piercing.

* Typical Dragon Tooth Poker ... more Tarasque/Cameloot ... but always goes cheap. +25 MM per, and I believe you can hotswap it for the buff (I'm not sure about that though) giving up to +50 MM ... but look at the notes above.
Last edited by Hyde on Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mytefe
Big Leet

erm AWESOME!!

Post by mytefe »

TY Doctorhyde!!

WOW just awesome!!
ty sooo much!! :shock:
:shock:
A freshly picked BLUE rose for j00
<3
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Juggler's Treat drops from Abmouth Supremus, this subway boss just so you know :)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Fili8
Leet

Post by Fili8 »

Yeah Abbie drops it, it is easy to get, just talk to Alpha and he will handle ;) heh liek omfg p00ned by Aesculapias :)
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Fili8 wrote:Yeah Abbie drops it, it is easy to get, just talk to Alpha and he will handle ;) heh liek omfg p00ned by Aesculapias :)
^^ Doc Powah
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
chewychew
Baby Leet

Thanks Mytefe and Hyde =)

Post by chewychew »

Thank you for the wonderful post! :wink:

Multi Melee for a froob doctor is not that easy to get, but 1he and FA I'm able to get just fine. I have no problems equipping a gelid and an icebound, but the lack in mult melee(44) has made me toss and turn and almost made me want to give up for a bit. The thought of trying to get 1415 or even 1521 treatment for ql240 or ql250 implants didn't settle well with me so I try to avoid that possible step^^ If you're a non froob and would like to equip both gelids at a lower level here is a great site to take a look at http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... did=316940

Guardian Conductor of Learning is out of the question for me :wink: .

A few Typical Dragon Tooth Pokers will be perfect for me, I have some leftover ip and a fews skills that I dont mind resetting to get the full piercing and brawling.

A few items I dont think you mentioned that will help,

-set of Nova Dillon Armor (+4 skills)
-Legs of Servant (+10 agility)
-Tir Ring (+4 skills)

1 and 2 are both easily accessible if you know people that have a set in hand. Or you can just easily ask a high level person near you, they're bound to have a set or two OR ask me :wink: .

3, you can find the quest at anarchyarcanum.com, Quest: Commander Brock and the Tir Rings. It is a long quest but there are other things that can be used as a substitute.

Thx!