Trader noob.

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Tumens
Mini Leet

Trader noob.

Post by Tumens »

Hi guys!

So, after being back in the game for a couple of days ive hit lvl 62 With my trader. Im currently equipped(no buffs other than my own) With an 118ql vektor Lizard. Is this an ok shotty? Or should i look for something else?
Chrisax
President

Re: Trader noob.

Post by Chrisax »

The Lizard series is a very nice shotgun on RK with also high critical hits. :) It's less interesting i SL due to his low minimal hits (SL mobs ahve high armor so they tend to be hit with the "low side" damage of weapons). But as you are on RK for the moment, all great and fine.

The top of the Lizard series is called Vektor Dragon and drops ONLY in RK missions around level 180 missions. The Dragon only exists at QL180. It's an excellent RK shotgun (I used one long, very long ago, when MPs didn't have access to the weapons they can use nos.)

You have other solutions of course, but this one works fine for leveling.

You can also join our Inner Sanctum raids and get a Maw of the Abyss, which is a shotgun with high minimum damage (min and max very close to each other actually), plain and simple, but working great in SL and RK.

This week, we have Mercenaries raid that you could join (Azure armor, Notum back armors, "Anythings" for twinking,...)

Next week we'll likely have Inner Sanctum.
Tumens
Mini Leet

Post by Tumens »

Thanks for your answer!

Is it possible to join in raids at lvl 67-68? Ive never done a raid, so i feel i should learn a little more about it before attending, so i dont get a Leroooy Jenkins moment. :)

As for the vektor ql118, i was soloing SL yesterday, with the help of a HOT and 11% MA crit buff. Green mobs in static dungeons was easy peasy. and 1vs1 lvl 80 hecklers was ok. I do level fast now, and i think i could exchange it for a 140-160 ql depending on new implants, or wrangler.

I don't think i can equip the MAW for quite some time yet.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

I forgot you were still below 70. :oops:

Well you can of course come to a Mercenaries raid to watch, because it's an outdoors raid. We can warp you. But nothing you can really do. Same for Hollow Island raids (you you'll die very fast due to the AoE's of some bosses. Same for Biodome raids (if enough keys available which is usually the case).

On the other hand, you can't enter Inner Sanctum before level 125.

Then with Alien Invasion expansion, you'll be able to enter the APF's (Alien Play Fields, trivial name for "The Outzones") at 180.

Pandemonium raids depends on whne you get Pandemonium access but a recommended level would be 190-200 at the very least. You can come before though but you won't be able to roll for many many items because higher levles who can actually equip them need them bad.

For 12man raids and LoX teams, consider being T7. (205 and above).

So, basically, work on your levels :) and ask for advice and help when you need.

And, yes, with a Vektor SG or a Dragon, the MA crits buffs is really a must-have :D
besaidaurocks
Maxi Leet

Post by besaidaurocks »

if You are subbed I would recommend kry'osch shotgun with a type. they have have benefit of having Fling and have good min damage for non RK content