MP pet buffs

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Naralbah
Mini Leet

MP pet buffs

Post by Naralbah »

Hello mates,

I always question myself about the "proper" way to buff MP pets (if any). :?:
Apart the mandatory buff like animas and so on, what should I cast to get best heal delta, evades, cost and NS on heal pets, please? I want to reach enlightment IRL.
Shoot!
Naralbah
Mini Leet

Re: MP pet buffs

Post by Naralbah »

24 views an no replies? Come on MPs, bring da knowledge!
/me invoke Chrisax [-o<
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Sorry, your post was in my buffer of this to do...

So, simply put, you must try to always cast all the pet-specifc buffs you possibly can, and remember that Evocations are better (and much harder to find) than Animas.

Then, you need to have the perk line Soothing spirits fully trained. At perk 10, the nanocost of heal pet's heals is ONE nanopoint. This means it can't really run out of nano even if drained.

Before that, cast your best Costsaver on the heal pet. (I never saw a big mez pet running out of nano but you can still cast it, especially on small mez pets).

Also the Soothing spirits perk has a huge effect on the healing amount. Your can see it in my old post which is still valid even if a few things should be updated:

Effect of Soothing Spirits perk on pets healing capacity
http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums/vie ... =17&t=1656

Once you have achieved that, the rest is a small bonus but still good to have:

- Combat pets use Martial arts, so you can cast the generic MA buff (most interesting on smaller pets)

- Combat pet can be buffed with Weapons improvement generic nano

- Mez pet can be buffed with the best possible nanoskills buff for PM and SI (or combined buff). nanoskills won't change healing on heal pet.

- Al pet scan be buffed with Composite attribute boost; it will add a few life points, skill points, etc.

- All pets can be buffed with your own Evades buff, like Anticipation of retaliation.

- You can cast NS on heal and mez pets, but it's only interesting on small ones

- You can cast Regeneration on pets or a little heal rating bonus; once again intesting only on small pets

That's it. I hope I didn't forget anything.
Xandramas
Strong Leet

Post by Xandramas »

Don't forget Healthy Manifestation - not sure if it overwrites Regeneration or not, but I tend to use it on Rihwen at all times and on the other two if in a raid or hard instance.

For me it's Soothing Spirits 10, Healthy Manifestation, Evocation, Healthy Manifestation, High Chant, Instill and the perk buff on Rihwen, nothing on the Mezz/heal pets - unless doing a raid or instance as mentioned above, then I'll give them Healthy Manifestation and CM8