Symbiants - a few questions

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Mysticwoolie
Little Leet

Symbiants - a few questions

Post by Mysticwoolie »

Hey all,

First off:
Last night Drzoidberg helped me make a new set of QL169 implants for my 88 MP.
In the past Xertin helped me make other sets, shout out to both of you!

But I think regular implants will be surpassed soon by symbiants.
I never invested alot of time into symbiants and as such I am not very knowledgeable about these wonderful items.

Auno.org tells me what profs can use which, other sources will tell me to spawn pocketbosses (a process i never performed although i have some completed patterns in my bank).

(Disclaimer: I do apparently have 2 and a half bags on artillery symbiants ranging from low to high QLs, but these were granted to me by an old friend who doesn't play AO anymore, and I think that trade happened somewhere in 2009 - I thank him for it! - but as such I learned nothing on the how-to-obtain-them process)

So here I am, on my MP, drooling over the mighty symbiants and their glorious benefits in Auno equipment configurations.

How do I get myself some awesome symbiants that are not artillery and that can be used by pet and nano intensive professions?

GMI is not really an option, prices, if the ones i'm looking for are available, are exorbitant, and I am simply not confidently wealthy enough to fork over several millions, when my full set of ql169 implants set already me back around 50m.
Pocket change for some of you I know, and the argument to get to max level is valid, but, I do still need to funds to get myself to max level as well and I predict that track to have some incremental costs involved as well (as in armor upgrades, more implants, hard to find nanos and the like).

So how do I proceed to get myself some decent symbiants when I go beyond lvl 150?
Do I farm patterns relentlessly and solo the bosses, if possible?
Are drops guaranteed?
Can certain mobs be farmed for symbiants?

In short, any insights are helpful as I continue to brave Scheol and RK missions to ultimately have me move on to Ado, Pen, Inferno and Pande.

I am aware of the Ado brain quest, so thats the head sorted at some point, but other slots are welcome to have filled as well.

Looking forward to learn from you.
Proud member of AP
Vareese - Opifix (My first char to ever reach Inferno!)
Vardina - TL7 Crat nubi
Mysticwoolie
Little Leet

Re: Symbiants - a few questions

Post by Mysticwoolie »

As an addition, this is how my MP currently looks.

I am aiming to get some decent symbiants found for her initially.

https://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=207831
Snorre
Strong Leet

Post by Snorre »

Symbiants drop from pocketbosses made from patterns farmed from SL dynas. this mobs are high hp and the bosses even higher and the symbiants they drop are not compatible to their lvl or lvl toon needed to farm and kill them.
A lv 125 dyna drops patterns for a 125ish boss normally but the symbints are rear over ql 110 (usable from lvl 95) same ql can drop from lvl 150 bosses.
So a new AO player will struggle alot to farm hes symbiants for hes main toon but MP rules at low lvls so its hope for you :)
Symbiants used by lvl 100 and lvl 150 twinks are often expensive and dynas can be camped hard but they pay well if ure lucky on drop. the pocketboss "Gunk" drop som real nice control symbs and there are others in sheol that are valuable to farm, u can find them on aopocket if u know what to look for.
This is a start to get creds and a way to get a few usable symbiants.
most players dont find this worth it and lvl their toons and belive they can get creds and needed gear when they reach higher lvl but mostly they find out their toon arent able to do what their lvl is requiered to do (gimped) and are reliant on others to do their tasks.
Asking for advice and help in orgchat is a good idea and im sure you will get help to improve your toon quite fast. AP players are resurcefull and mainly helpsom so dont be shy.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Just a quick note because I'm working on a ton of things just now; we have symbiants in org bank, not everything of course, but usually enough to help. So just ask and we'll look together. :)

When you're done with them, return them and we can likely help with higher ones.

Also, many APs have spare symbiants and maybe they can find the ones you need... if you're a bit lucky.

We also have many "Pocket Bosses", the things you spawn in SL at an "Incarnator" and that drop several (random) symlbiants each time, around the level of the Pocket Boss. We can have a "PB" party. :)

You can read here about PBs:
https://www.ao-universe.com/guides/shad ... boss-guide

and here you can search PBs and symbiants by categories and more, to know who drops what
http://aopocket.tngk.com/
Valkyrieval
Strong Leet

Post by Valkyrieval »

I suggest also installing and using AO Item Assistant 2019 if you're not already. It will help you keep track of all the pocket boss patterns you collect across multiple alts, figure out which parts you're missing, what you can complete, etc.

Plus all the other cool stuff it does. :)
Valkyrieval
Metadiva DisasterArea Dominia Phycsyr Hylyr Tatuaj DoctorAphra BringTheHurt & a few more
stokken
Leetissimo!

Post by stokken »

You can send me a tell ingame and i will see what i have but not much of tl5 stuff as most of them are in use growing/enduring

Ia light says i have 1050 ish symbs not in use , if its a 100% correct im not sure of , I have no idea how got 1400+ symbs LOL
:apc: