Vardina - 205 crat, help from Vets desired.

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Mysticwoolie
Little Leet

Vardina - 205 crat, help from Vets desired.

Post by Mysticwoolie »

Hi all, long post incoming.

Vardina, my Solitus Bureaucrat finally dinged 205 (almost 206).
Officially TL7, and I understand many things open up for me now.
I am saved in Inferno garden, and I bought Hold Hell at Bay.

What puzzles me is how to efficiently get SK to ride to 220 smoothly.
I will pose my questions with Q:

What I know:

My faction is maxed (thank you Freemasonry).
Inferno missions are one way to get SK reliably, but there are more options I reckon.

3 dailies from the ageny, the quest completion grants SK.
1 mission in Borealis from the barkeeper.

Q: Are there other dailies for me to do?
Q: for RK dailies, should I set the research to 100% during the killing part of the mission?

I hear alot about DIO, Dust It Off.
Q: where do I start this, and am i at the correct level range?

I understand classes will require a nanodeck.
Q: how do I obtain this?

I have alot of SL missions left to do.
Examples: Scheol Garden and Sanc Key, Ado Sanc, Pen Sanc, Inferno Sanc.
Scheol Scientist and Knowledge of the Yuttos
Q: are these all, or some, worth doing outside of the rewards, for SK or is that reduced due to my level range?

Inferno tours is a mission line I found on AOuniverse.
Q: is this something I can attempt to do solo? Should I bother?

And some open ended questions:

Q: What are absolute must-do quests/activities i failed to list here that should be checked off my list?
Q: As a Crat, what is advised to prioritize as team activities (raids and whatnot) to get crucial gear?

I thank anyone who went through my list of questions and makes an effort to answer them.
Additions and suggestions for my progress are amazingly welcome.
Proud member of AP
Vareese - Opifix (My first char to ever reach Inferno!)
Vardina - TL7 Crat nubi
stokken
Leetissimo!

Re: Vardina - 205 crat, help from Vets desired.

Post by stokken »

I hear alot about DIO, Dust It Off.
Q: where do I start this, and am i at the correct level range?
A:Dio is each 6 weeks . there is AI week and PvP week
Ai week is great for ai xp with about 50% of a level
PVP is also a great way of doing the 3 daily battlestation form npc in boralis bar

A: The mission for db is from constad in ICC. level 205 to obtain it . There is a level req of 215 to equip it .
12man drops give mixture cloth nano activation device . combine these 3 + proffesion star at level 215 to get the best hud
Nanos recived from db mission are all reg to have nano deck euipped

I have alot of SL missions left to do.
Examples: Scheol Garden and Sanc Key, Ado Sanc, Pen Sanc, Inferno Sanc.
Scheol Scientist and Knowledge of the Yuttos
Q: are these all, or some, worth doing outside of the rewards, for SK or is that reduced due to my level range?
A: Some of these missions like Scheol missions and Ring of plausibility/anasii mission will get you from 219 to 220 with no problems
Hope the answers help . i will reply to some of questions later today
:apc:
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

A: The mission for db is from constad in ICC. level 205 to obtain it . There is a level req of 215 to equip it .
This is what is called "The DB quest". It's a long quest for a team. https://www.ao-universe.com/guides/clas ... er-constad

You get the Nanodeck after the third step of the quest, and you'll get 4 top nanos for your profession later.

We do once a month a scheduled DB quest. When I announce it, register, and you'll be on board. :)

Of course, you can also make your own team.
Cratattak
Big Leet

Post by Cratattak »

If you send me a tell ingame I can help with many Crat things, I do play mine a bit.....

You wont be able to solo any of the inferno quest-lines, defenitly not at this level and possibly not even later, find a team if you can.
I have an unfinished Guide with some overlooked information about endgame. In the Civil Disobedience part it goes over doing BS dailies for xp, you can just do those dailies without the ICC ones and its still very good xp.
Inferno missions and dailies are your best chance for xp, aswell as other lower SL questlines you may have skipped(such as schoel questlines)

This is a quick setup i made for a 216 "cheap" Crat, you dont need betas but they are very doable at 216 due to the dust-brigade armor(people in org will help you with other twinking gear)
https://aosetups.com/equip/60707e38572a7835bee77ce2
Many parts are swappable to other gear(wrist can be swapped out for Masterpiece Ancient Bracer/or bracers from Ipande, but acquiring that stuff might be a good target for 216-220.
Obviously if you have AI armor it should be used in place of many of the DB parts(Combined sharp shooters for crats), but chest is generally better as DB.
The wrists symbiants dont give all the stats you need(such as burst/multi range), but will do when they are eventually made into alphas, so you can use implants if your short on burst/multiranged until then.

Its mostly enhanced dustbrigade armor as the nanoskills or damage/crit they give, aswell as HP is very useful in teams/raids. You may not see many teams for DB1/DB2, but the armor parts are often offered for free in org chat, so take them if you can.(Often from DB2 , so know how to get there. Try get all the armor, its all useful in certain situations)
Mysticwoolie
Little Leet

Post by Mysticwoolie »

Thanks for the replies, I will have a look at this once I have some time! and come back to edit this post.
Proud member of AP
Vardina - TL7 Crat nubi
fuze
Giant Leet

Post by fuze »

Unless I missed it, the DiO, Alien Invasion, PvP daily, and Freelancer are all Arbiter dailies. They share the same 18hr cd as other dailes (time, not slot). They are only active every other week. They were supposed to be active this week, but FC didn't enable it or discuss why. The alternating 3 are from the Arbiter himself and Freelancer is from the orb that floats beside his desk. Freelancer just requires you to do 3 'normal' dailies. But, not all count. The regular agency, the prisoner, and DOJA will give you 3 that count. The orb also gives dailies to ToTW and Foremans at appropriate level (lower level).

The Arbiter is upstairs in the Holo Deck of ICC.

Also, as said above, Xan quests give lots of XP. Some soloable, most not. Inferno Spirits is one everyone should do for the XP and buffing ring. Guide is on AO Uni.

There are also SL dailies from the guy sitting behind the desk where you turn in DOJA. Mostly all team and not solo. Catacombs and LotV.

Arbiter also gives you an XP buff. And, premium XP cans are fairly cheap on GMI.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Mysticwoolie wrote:Thanks for the replies, I will have a look at this once I have some time! and come back to edit this post.

Attention: if you edit a post, this will NOT tag the thread a "something new to read". In this case, you need to make a new post saying that to edited your first post, so the thread will appear as containing something new. :)
Mysticwoolie
Little Leet

Post by Mysticwoolie »

Noted!

@Cratattak: I am afraid I have no CSS:
I currently wear 225 CS, and in my bank I have 300 CC, is that fairly ok too?

The belt, weapons and tokenboard, where do i get these?
Proud member of AP
Vardina - TL7 Crat nubi