Asking for suggestions

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Side
Strong Leet

Asking for suggestions

Post by Side »

it has been years since i had a doc this high and wanted some suggestions. i am a 101 soli doc who just started running the emergency triage unit on heckler beach. i am asking for suggestions, tips, advice, and feedback from some of my healing elders.

my biggest problem is that in most teams there is one twink tank and myself as being the only toons capable of effectively tanking (with my current level of heals) for even short periods of time. the way others are squished and cried it really makes it difficult to heal them when they do something silly like poke the mezzed heck.

my initial question is how do you handle the lengthy recharge when 1 hit can almost take the enforcer standing next to me down?

i'm running with a ql210 viral compiler thingy and my nano init is maxed. so my heals are getting closer to insta. i'm also casting a ql160ish heal lifegiving elixir... cant reemmber my current hot. i've got the fruit on my head, ely cuirass, symbs in nano skill slots, funky blue bathrobe, the rest is pred. i also use the chalice when it will help me get into the next heal, in most cases i punch the hecks in the ankles.

do you have any suggestions for pickup teams, balancing heal recharge, gear additions, and managing idiots? like i said it has been years since i had a doc this high or higher. back then we had no xp bank so people knew to gear up or play right.

my initial idea is to power level up to CH level and just take a beating :roll:
Hunter
Leet

Post by Hunter »

i sugest to use some init debuff nano so u will be able to out heal hecks and try to find 1 person who will be able to have agro all the time so u can look on hp only 1 person :] it will be solja/enf/good shade/agent
Kyttn
King Size Leet

Post by Kyttn »

Look very carefully at the Doc Debuffs. There are 2 types, one has a high init debuff and the other a low init debuff. The low is the better. Why? Because the high can be broken when attacked with weapons or spells, while the low cannot be broken. What good is a high init debuff when within 1 second the mob will be hit by 5 people and the debuff broken. This is why UBT (-1452 to inits) is favoured of Decreptitude (-2569 to inits).

In SL Complete Heal is your enemy. Only use it on yourself when the tank is dead, you have agro and you are about to run for deep water. At your level, the recharge is too long for you to CH tank more than 1-2 casts even at full def.

Unlike recharge on weapons, there is no way to hasten recharge on nanos other than adjusting your agg/def. I have a doc with close to 1500 nano init and casting a basic heal like Experimental Panacea I am still stuck with approx 3.5 seconds of recharge. A full agg setting helps my recharge a bit, but I never stand near a heck with anything other than full def.

How do you handle the situation? Have a good tank that can hold agro, then try to time your casting of heals. If you just target the tank and keep pressing heal every time it cycles, your wasting your time and nano. Watch the Tank's health and the damage being done. Just like your nano recharge, the heck will have to wait a while after hitting the tank (especially if you have hit them with a debuff), so use that time for your recharge also. Learn how much of the Tank's HP bar your heal will refill and wait till that much dmg is done before casting. Don't cast a heal on a scratch, wait till you can do some real good.

Finally, accept the fact that despite your very best efforts, sometimes people in your team will die. Even our best docs, Doc Hyde, Sirslilmedic, Hexy, Wildcherry, etc all lose a patient every now and then. Murphey is a b*****d of an Irishman and he will conspire to make sure you suffer from recharge and lag just when a heck lands 2 or 3 critical hits in a row on your favourite tank. All you can do is take a deep breath ... then run for deep water waving your arms in the air and screaming like a little girl. :wink:
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

I lost TONS of tanks at Ely hecklers. Fact of the matter is, a LOT of n00bs PL there and just as many wannabe twinks go there while gimped because they know that twinking out there is pointless as they'll level out very fast.

Do your best, heal who you can, run when you can't.
wap
Strong Leet

Post by wap »

First and foremost..good job...ur job is to heal....NOTHING ELSE MATTERS

So sounds like you've done good with nano skills: Make sure you are using Rapid Palsy on ely hecks if u can't cast UBT yet...those are the unbreakable debuffs DH was referring to.

As far as the healing problem..biggest problem is..at that level ur heals are barely enough to keep up and the tanks' HP bars are weak.

A good doc always wants to know how much HP the tank has at all times..when u get a tank in ur team..ask them (after all buffs) how much HP they have so u can judge when to heal. Use your short HP buffs and recast between hecks (every bit helps) also use your HOT if no fixer is in the team..all these things combined with using a good debuff will make the difference between struggling to keep your tank alive...and just having to heal your butt off (but not really worry about death...except to trains!!)

So in short...prebattle
Cast ur long HP team buff
Hit the tank with ur short HP buff
Hit the tank with ur HOT
Ask the tank how much HP he/she has after their buffs too

During battle:
First thing...cast the debuff (UBT or Rapid Palsy)
Wait for the tank to get down to when ur heal is fully effective and cast it
(rinse repeat until mob is dead)

Side Note: Make other professions help you heal. They have heals..and some become lazy because "there is a doc in the team" Make the others give you nano as well...anyone who has been a doc will automatically most of the time..but others have no clue that u don't have infinite nano pool!!