Chrisax's final symbiants/implants setup

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Chrisax
President

Chrisax's final symbiants/implants setup

Post by Chrisax »

In short: QL300 Control Brain on Nanomage MP 220 & many QL300 symbiants/implants :D
Also posted on AO forums: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/showth ... p?t=503360

This is something I achieved with the wonderful support of AP on June 28, 2007 but due to real life I had no time to post details about it.

I assume it’s the first time a Nanomage MP can equip a ql300 Control Brain symbiant (http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=236314 ). At least, I never heard of someone else who did it so far.

In the following you’ll find:
- a summary of the goals
- the “final” implant and symbiants setup (assuming anything can be final in AO)
- the setup used to equip the QL 300 Control Brain

But before everything I have to thank all the people of Athen Paladins who made this possible with their help, their items, and their patience too. You are great! :D And a very special thanks to Doctorhyde for the awesome work he did with me!

THE GOALS

Equip the “best” possible set of symbiants and implants for a PvM/PvP balanced 220 Nanomage MP using a Dreadloch Tigress as main weapon (Crossbow, Aimed Shot, Fling Shot, Range init) and all the MP nanos.

The goal regarding AS was to cap AS damage and get a very good recharge time, which could be possibly improved again by changing some Hud/Util items and armor for an even more PvP-oriented setup.

I doubt it is mathematically possible to do anything better overall at the time of writing. It IS of course possible to do slightly different for various play styles, and of course if you don’t want to use a Tigress.

Last but not least, let’s mention that I don’t think a Nanomage of another profession could do it as, almost all the time and anyhow at every critical moment, I had to have Odin’s Missing Eye running.

THE “FINAL” IMPLANTS AND SYMBIANTS SETUP

You can see the whole setup and the modifiers here: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=78157

List:

QL 300 symbiants (“Intelligent”)
  • Head : Intelligent Brain Symbiant, Control Unit Aban (QL300)
  • Ear : Intelligent Ear Symbiant, Control Unit Aban (QL300)
  • Left arm : Intelligent Left Arm Symbiant, Support Unit Aban (QL300)
  • Right wrist: Right-Wrist Implant: Ranged. Init, Shiny (QL300)
  • Left wrist: Intelligent Left Wrist Symbiant, Support Unit Aban (QL300)
  • Left hand: Intelligent Left Hand Symbiant, Support Unit Aban (QL300)
  • Feet: Intelligent Feet Symbiant, Control Unit Aban (QL300)
QL 300 implants
  • Eye: Eye Implant: Aimed Shot, Shiny (QL300)
  • Right arm: Right-Arm Implant: Bow, Shiny Jobe (QL278)
(Note: I list the R arm here despite it is 278 because it could mathematically be a QL300. It is 278 because I never found an AddAllDef cluster high enough for a QL300 arm (or to be bumped to 300), but the differences are really little regarding modifiers)

QL 280 Symbiants
  • Body: Alert Chest Symbiant, Control Unit Aban (QL280)
QL 270 Symbiants
  • Waist: Cognizant Waist Symbiant, Control Unit Aban (QL270)
  • Right hand: Cognizant Right Hand Symbiant, Support Unit Aban (QL270)
QL 250 Symbiant
  • Legs: Excited Thigh Symbiant, Control Unit Aban (QL250) (OK, here I thought I would be able to do a little better but no…)

Notes:
- The choice of an Eye implant is obviously for Aimed Shot as no Eye symbiant useable by an MP offers AS. The QL 300 Eye symbiant provides even a bit more AS than an Artillery Intelligent Eye (147 instead of 135).

- MC and PM skills were used in this Eye implant as they were more interesting globally

- Why not using a Syndicate Brain Symbiant of the Enlightened from the big Adonis quest (http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=268288 ) ?

The Adonis brain provides 25 points in AS, Bow and multi-melee, and 50 points in 1HB and 2HB that the Intelligent control Brain doesn’t provide.
It is also extremely easy to equip by a 220 MP.
Nevertheless, it is possible to get these modifiers by other means at 220, if needed, and the planned setup already allowed capping AS and having a good recharge time.
Also the Intelligent control Brain provides 137 Nano-Resist while the Adonis brain have none, and also provides 37% more points in skills or abilities, not to mention several other bonus skills.
And, of course… it was the challenge!

THE SETUP USED TO EQUIP THE QL 300 CONTROL BRAIN

Here is the setup used:
http://aomainframe.info/configreport.as ... rkSet=6136
(Thanks to Doctorhyde who took the time to record this setup based on my screenshots and the work we did before I forgot it!)

You have to add to this setup:
- A Master G-Staff for +60 agility (http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=130050 )
With appropriate buffs, temporary implants, and some Alien armor, this item can be equipped by a 220 MP without using IP. It’s the first item to equip (except NCUs of course). NO other weapon setup will be better.

- QL 250 (or close) Org advantages (contracts) for Agility and Treatment (and even for a Nanomage MP, some Intel and Psychic contracts help for the last points).

- All the agility, sense, intelligence buff available (don't forget the +3 intelligence buff from Crats) and in general all the abilities buffs existing

- Nutrition bars for two extra points when you eat (use) one.

As you see this is an extreme setup, and you must have almost if not all the best items available… sorry for that.

The brain must be equipped first and it’s the hardest item to equip because it contains Treatment (so you lose a lot of treatment when you don’t have a brain in) and it also contains abilities buffing indirectly treatment.

Once the brain is in, equipping the other symbiants or implants is not “easy” but can be managed by someone who is used to twinking and who has a lot of buff items.

The items relying on the same abilities as the brain must be equipped first (intelligence, psychic, agility).

Then when it’s sure that agility won’t be required anymore, the Master G-staff (and agility items) can be unequipped, and stamina items or other items can be used.

CONCLUSION
I’m not going to post here my full setup; it would make this post really too long. Symbiants and implants were the topic here.

In the future, with 17.5 global research and some new items, equipping the setup above will become relatively easier but will still be difficult and will require a lot of stuff and patience, and great orgmates. ::)

................................................................................
Now, the icing on the cake (but you probably already know)

Just after the new implants/symbiants were in and a normal (high end) gear was back on, a balanced one, not especially PvP-oriented, and all the perks used for twinking were not yet reset, here is a little test we made with the Tigress and that DrHyde logged.

There is no damage buff item and no damage buff nano running; equipment was not “final”. The target is a level 220 with “OK” defense character in full def, but not an evade profession.

You hit X for 764 points of poison damage.
You hit X for 659 points of poison damage.
You hit X for 6839 points of Aimed Shot damage.
You hit X for 670 points of poison damage.
You hit X for 775 points of poison damage.
You tried to hit X, but missed!
You hit X for 664 points of poison damage.
You hit X for 772 points of poison damage.
You hit X for 667 points of poison damage.
You hit X for 657 points of poison damage.
Aimed Shot skill available.
You hit X for 5790 points of Aimed Shot damage.
Reloading...
Reloading completed
You hit X for 770 points of poison damage.
You hit X for 694 points of poison damage.
You hit X for 747 points of poison damage.
You tried to hit X, but missed!
Unable to perform action, Aimed Shot skill is locked, able in 00:00:04
You hit X for 678 points of poison damage.
You hit X for 734 points of poison damage.
Aimed Shot skill available.
You hit X for 705 points of poison damage.
You hit X for 3474 points of Aimed Shot damage.

The 6.8K and 5.7K ASes were both capped, the first was after the target had been fully healed and had a short 3K HP buff on.

The AS recharge was 16 seconds (note: it’s more like 15s now). But that means 2 things DrHyde pointed out:

1) without the eye the recharge would be 20 seconds.

2) any time I can get a TTS from an Agent or equip some more AS items/armor I’ll cap the 11s recharge.

Well I’m sure I forgot several things in all the above. Feel free to ask questions.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

very nice! and what a great guide! Gz boss!
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Boizmetap
Mini Leet

Post by Boizmetap »

Gz m8 im proud of you:) well done
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Thankas Mud and Boizmetap

Mud wrote:very nice! and what a great guide! Gz boss!
Don't forget all who helped and all the work Hyde did too. :)

I don't want to get the medal alone for a collective work.
Boizmetap
Mini Leet

Post by Boizmetap »

thankyou very much for letting me use this guide, I now have a real good imp/symb setup thanks to this guide:)