Dreadloch Shark or OFAB Shark MK6?

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
faros1978
Giant Leet

Dreadloch Shark or OFAB Shark MK6?

Post by faros1978 »

Thats my question. what is better for better output ? Dshark has better damage on its info BUT!.......Consider that no artillery symb has Add cold damage. So what is better. Is it possible to change damage type on the Dshark using the Alb way and having the Dsharks proc? If i change the damage type then will i have the advantages from the symb? :P :P
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Three questions:

1) Can you cap fullauto and burst on the OFAB Shark Mk6?
2) Do you mind losing the snare proc from the Dshark?
3) Do you have a load of add proj damage imps/symbs?

If 1 = yes, and 2 = yes, and 3 = yes, then use OFAB Shark in pvm.

If you don't cap FA/burst, or want the snareproc, or don't have proj damage in symbs/imps, stick with dshark in pvm.

For pvp stick with Dshark as well. Because of the +20 AAO. :)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Doom_Eater
Giant Leet

Post by Doom_Eater »

Alpha.. /care bout the +20 AAO.. its the dmg type ;) will be useless to alpha on coon if you dont have perks with same dmg type
?/
/?
/ \ help bob multiply himself so he can takeover the world easier
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Doom_Eater wrote:Alpha.. /care bout the +20 AAO.. its the dmg type ;) will be useless to alpha on coon if you dont have perks with same dmg type
Coon would be stripped by a single FA or by 2 regular shots + burst, and won't be up again before the soldier has had multiple FA+Burst recharge rounds to try and kill you.

Besides, you're both wrong ... its not about the +20 AAO nor about having the same damage type (ok, ok, sometimes its about either of those). The biggest nasty of the Dshark beyond the buggy missing recharge cycles is the snare. May only be a 5% chance but man it sucks when it lands.

The real answer is to use whichever one will work best, assuming you have the skills to swap them. Ofab when you don't need the same damage type and can cap recharge, Dshark when you can afford multiple damage types and/or are fighting a runner.
rampage
Strong Leet

Post by rampage »

I assume you are curious which deals out the most damage in PvM?

IF you have the skill to cap FA on the ofab shark(2275 FullAuto), it will OD the dreadloch in PvM.

Why? Damage Perks / LE Procs / Proj Dmg Bracers / Symbs
Soljas don't get much in the way of +Cold Damage and our procs add to proj/energy

Now in PvP, where you wont be using +dmg bracers, and where +add damage is halved and generally not considered as important when fitting out.

Dshark has 10 base dmg more, which turns out to be roughly +60 add dmg or +30 in pvp.

Now damage type is still important when dealing with cocoon professions. It is not as simple as "stripped by a single FA" unfortunately. Like Doom said, perks are important. If you cut through coon with Cold Damage in say 3 seconds thats great, but you still cannot launch any damage perks until his coon expires or they will just get eaten up by coon do to different damage types. In duels this is much more evident, but not so important in battlestation PvP.

I personally use both sharks in PvP, although mostly the Dshark. In PvM, Ofab Shark Mk6 hands down.
rampage`
Proud Member of Athen Paladins :guns: