Autohyde ... social twink!

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Hyde
Hyde!

Autohyde ... social twink!

Post by Hyde »

(I posted this on the AO forums in a Reet Retreat thread about social pics, but thought I'd share it here, too, in case people wondered why I was killing poor Smug and Fredricksson this weekend)

I think I just finished the first "Social Twink" (and yes, I realize the idea of putting social gear on the social tab that can never be put back on if removed violates the idea of the social tab ... and I sorta like that).

He's a L5 (for now, but I'll be levelling him now that he has his social stuff done) Clan Soldier with a full set of Omni-Armed Forces armor ... if you're Clan this is like full Sentinel armor + a tank armor that requires 3 other pieces of armor to turn in to acquire (needless to say, standing around in Rome while I was still Omni got some jaw drops).

The original idea was to equip him to look like an Omni city guard, but after thinking about it I decided to give him some contrast, so instead of wearing the OAF Helmet, chest and gloves (see the 2 images on the left) I put him in Omni newb isle sunglasses and Omni carb chest/sleeve and a lightbar. I think it makes the Tank armor "pop" (2 images on right).

edit: Follow-up

I found that the Omni tank is a little bugged on Soli models, the left shoulder doesn't quite cover the left sleeve in the back, which looked really bad with the Omni Carb sleeve because it is white at the top. Assault-issue is dark grey at the top though.

Also forgot to put my Omni sunglasses on the social tab.

So I took him Omni again for a few minutes, swapped the glasses and sleeve, and back to clan.

I found that the Omni and Clan sunglasses have the same issue as Debauch found with the Visor (both show up) but in this case I think it looks kinda good.

I also found out that if you flip display of shoulderpads off then back on after zoning, the Omni pads will display for me again. So I get my spikey bits again when I really want em.

Final result (TL1 Clan):

Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Absolutely awesome drH :)

So next step tl3 toon wearing full beast armor in the social tab? :) (BoC etc)

Anyway gratz for a great idea!
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Looks pretty cool ^^
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Mortus
Maxi Leet

Post by Mortus »

Ô-o is the social tab in game?
AP :wub:
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.