Reflect Items

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Reflect Items

Post by Alphacenta »

Hey there,

Was bored for a bit, and decided to see what items there are to boost your reflects on top of AMS/PNS.

So, here comes the list:
  • OFAB Soldier Protective Gear
    • 5% to all reflects
    • goes into back slot
    • bought for 30000 VP from the towershop
  • Deflection Amplifier
    • 2% to all reflects
    • goes into HUD3 slot
    • quest reward from the Knowledge of the Yuttos
    • does -not- go OE when you AMS, because HUD/UTIL items can't go OE
  • Whistle-box
    • 1% to fire reflect
    • goes into right shoulder slot
    • drops from Morty the leet
  • Modified Aggression Enhancer
    • 5% to projectile reflect (max)
    • goes into utils3, deck1, deck2, deck4, deck5 slot
    • drops from the Iron Reet
    • Solitus only.. sorry troxes!
  • Bracer of Reflection - Damagetype
    • 7% reflect to the damagetype(s) that bracer covers
    • goes into leftwrist or rightwrist slot, depending on the type you use
    • drops from chests in QL200+ RK missions (I've stumbled across these more than once while blitzing QL275 missions, so if you still need one a mission-cluster-mezzer might be the right person to talk to)
  • Ring of Sister Pestilence
    • 2% to poison reflect
    • goes into leftfinger and rightfinger slot
    • drops from the pocketboss Sister Pestilence in Albtraum
    • while wearing this ring, you can rightclick on it for a nice DoT effect
  • Energized Carbonan Oven Mittens
  • Capricorn Bracer of Toxication
    • 10% to poison reflect
    • goes into leftwrist and rightwrist slot
    • drops from the zod Capricorn in Pandemonium
    • the 10% poison reflect goes OE when you use TMS/AMS, because of the 1500 BM requirement (or that's what I heard soldiers claim)
  • Large Sparkle-Plate
    • 2% to energy reflect
    • goes into back slot
    • is bought from the Fixer Shop
    • rather useless since OFAB Soldier Protective Gear made it ingame
  • Charred Abaddon Chassis upgraded with Abaddon Upgrade: Defensive
    • 2% to all reflects, and an additional 2% to fire reflect
    • goes into back slot
    • drops from The Inner Sanctum, and so do the Abaddon Upgrades
    • rather useless since OFAB Soldier Protective Gear made it ingame, and it is social armor
  • Bracelet of Arul Saba when used in the 5gem version
    • 1% to whatever reflect you made your bracelet for
    • goes into rightwrist and leftwrist
    • is made by tradeskilling
    • the fifth (Galactic) gem for Aruls drops from Alappaa
    • also gives a nice +115 boost to your damage type of choice
'Ideal' setups for each damagetype. Do keep in mind that in some cases, a normal piece of armor is better than 1% or so more reflect. These are just the extremes:
  • Chemical Reflection - 15% unbuffed - 53% with Pre-Nullity Sphere - 97% with Augmented Mirror Shield Mk V
  • Cold Reflection - 15% unbuffed - 53% with Pre-Nullity Sphere - 97% with Augmented Mirror Shield Mk V
  • Energy Reflection - 15% unbuffed - 53% with Pre-Nullity Sphere - 97% with Augmented Mirror Shield Mk V
  • Fire Reflection - 20% unbuffed - 58% with Pre-Nullity Sphere - 102% with Augmented Mirror Shield Mk V
  • Melee Reflection - 15% unbuffed - 53% with Pre-Nullity Sphere - 97% with Augmented Mirror Shield Mk V
  • Poison Reflection - 26% unbuffed - 64% with Pre-Nullity Sphere - 108% (or 98%, depending on reflects going OE or not) with Augmented Mirror Shield Mk V
  • Projectile Reflection - 20% unbuffed - 58% with Pre-Nullity Sphere - 102% with Augmented Mirror Shield Mk V
  • Radiation Reflection - 15% unbuffed - 53% with Pre-Nullity Sphere - 97% with Augmented Mirror Shield Mk V
There's a bunch of other items in the DB like Bodum-Larga NCU, but these are reported not to be ingame, so I didn't list them here.

Why bother with these items? Well, any damage reduction's good! When tanking for example badass bosses, you can reach 100% reflects or more against certain damage types with a keeper in the team running Barrier of the Righteous. Or when duelling someone in pvp, and you know ahead of time what damage types he will use, you can reduce any damage that is still left during AMS to a minimum - and perhaps even survive the AMS downtime and go for a second AMS :)

For example, you are fighting another soldier, using a Dshark. That means Cold damage. The biggest hits you'll be taking will be FullAuto. So, let's calculate. I think we can safely assume every soldier uses the OFAB back. So, 5% reflect. Also, the soldier uses AMS3 rather than AMS4/5. So,

79+5=84% ColdReflect.

That means only 16% of the original damage comes through. Now, FA is capped at 15k damage.

15000*0.16=2400 damage per FullAuto maximally.

Now, let's see how much is left if we use AMS5, OFAB back, Deflection Amplifier, 215 Cold Arul, and a Bracer of Reflection - Elements.

82+5+2+7+1=97% ColdReflect.

That means only 3% of the original damage comes through.

15000*0.03=450 damage per FullAuto maximally. Which is rather significant :D

/Lup.

PS: Thissem is a copy of what I posted in the Soldier Profession Forums.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Just another thing to add, the more reflect % you have, the more you gain from getting another % (going from 0% to 1% reduces damage by 1%, going from 90% to 91% reduces damage by 10%).

I also beleive your PvP example is flawed, since the cap is now calculated after reflects. So the max FA with 84% reflect isn't 2400, but still 15000.

Very nice post though.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Regarding 100% reflect with a Keeper, some soldiers claim that reflect is capped at 98%. I don't believe this, but have no way to test it. I would swear Anisher takes NO damage when his reflect is over 100% in the new DB instance. But even 98% is more than enough for a decent heal delta to compensate.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Rulzern wrote:Just another thing to add, the more reflect % you have, the more you gain from getting another % (going from 0% to 1% reduces damage by 1%, going from 90% to 91% reduces damage by 10%).

I also beleive your PvP example is flawed, since the cap is now calculated after reflects. So the max FA with 84% reflect isn't 2400, but still 15000.

Very nice post though.
1) Damage halved because of pvp
2) Hardcap applied (15k)
3) Reflect applied (84%=16% left)
4) 30% cap applied

That is the order it goes in. At TL5 you would not note the difference if 2 and 3 were flipped around, because soldiers at that level have just 75% reflect.. Meaning 15k*0.25=3.75k damage max through the reflects. And unless you have over 12.5k hp, that is a 30% cap.
Hyde wrote:Regarding 100% reflect with a Keeper, some soldiers claim that reflect is capped at 98%. I don't believe this, but have no way to test it. I would swear Anisher takes NO damage when his reflect is over 100% in the new DB instance. But even 98% is more than enough for a decent heal delta to compensate.
Those soldiers are walking Dsharks that lack clue. Have you ever seen an NT under Nullity Sphere (100% reflect), without an engi running Null Space Disruptor nearby, take any damage other than from LE nukes?

Have you ever seen Aune take damage, if he casts his blue 200% reflect buff?

Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Those soldiers are walking Dsharks that lack clue. Have you ever seen an NT under Nullity Sphere (100% reflect), without an engi running Null Space Disruptor nearby, take any damage other than from LE nukes?

Have you ever seen anything in AO that was setup differently for 1 specific class? :P

I didn't say I believed it, but I also know you can't get 100% as an Agent, so I'll wait until either my soldier can or another soldier confirms it before I take either side as gospel.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Hyde wrote:

Have you ever seen anything in AO that was setup differently for 1 specific class? :P

I didn't say I believed it, but I also know you can't get 100% as an Agent, so I'll wait until either my soldier can or another soldier confirms it before I take either side as gospel.
I can get 100% as an agent.

FP NT, cast this.

If an agent can get 100%, then a soldier must be able to certainly.. I'd think.

Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

I can get 100% as an agent.

FP NT, cast this.

If an agent can get 100%, then a soldier must be able to certainly.. I'd think.
:groan: I'm so tired of people playing in FP: Theoretical Scientist mode.

You can't get 100% in Soldier profession using nanos available to you as a Soldier. I kinda think you knew what I meant. And I know a Soldier can get over 100%, being capped at 98% would mean that even if your rating is over 98% you still take 2% of the damage. Just like trox are capped at -45% nano cost even if we get enough items to put us well over that.

Like I said, I believe the talk of a cap is bogus, but I'm not willing to completely discount the possibility until confirmed by a Soldier. So please Alpha, forget I posted anything, because you can't answer that question from direct experience.
rampage
Strong Leet

Post by rampage »

I haven't played the game for a little bit, but.. when I did it was possible to get over 100% reflect and take zero damage. I never experienced a 98% reflect cap. The situations I am talking about are when other soljas used guardian on me. Also -heard- stories of soljas tanking beast using guardian and requiring no healing while AMS is up over on RK1.

Also very nice little list of reflect items alpha :)
rampage`
Proud Member of Athen Paladins :guns:
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Thanks Ramp ... and wb if that was really you I saw yesterday
rampage
Strong Leet

Post by rampage »

Hyde wrote:Thanks Ramp ... and wb if that was really you I saw yesterday
ty, yea I may get back into the game. My friend and co-worker (who plays xxrampagexx) has rerolled and tryin to get me back in game.

I just hate funcom soo much still.. we will see. ttyl
rampage`
Proud Member of Athen Paladins :guns:
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

RAMP!
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

hmm nulity sphere duration is 19 sec and ams duration 1 min and 20 secs so.....what will happened after 19 secs? ...agent dead ?