Atrox 220 MP

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Bubbacrush
Little Leet

Atrox 220 MP

Post by Bubbacrush »

Ok, while I was playing around with toon ideas.. I got onto the MP.

I was toying with the idea of a shen stick trox, but I found that much like Towerblock, once I got the weapons on.. there is very little room to play around in. I trade ideas with Azshara on what would make an interesting idea, if not really stupendous for much, at least looks damn impressive.

So, I unveil a new master plan.. the experimental troxy mp. This toon is designed to PVM/PVP at tl7. I have always wanted a sure fire toon for PVP, one that will require few hotswaps and just enough power to at least sure people know I am damn annoying to have biting at their rears.

Im not looking for top anything, just to be able to compete in the PVP/PVM arena. My idea is to swap the Shield of Zset/New 2hb Staff in the next patch, and AS. Considering how easy it is these days for MP's to get massive nano skills, and even atrox engineers can do the nanoskills necessary to do the DB stuff, an MP can do them self.. this eliminate a serious issue of hunting buffs for me. I can do them myself.

Swap to Sapphistic of Arbalest for AS. With even a 250 VE in im looking at 1300+ AS skill. 1200 2hb 1200 Bow. 15k HP self (as is) I can even go to the new DB bracer without much adding anything. The flexibility of this setup allows me to pretty much anything I like.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=103490

If anyone would like to comment, critique, or lend a hand... post here or contact me in game. =)
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Nerf MPs!
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

To be good as a highend TL7 pvp MP you need ...

1) Shield of Zset for a total defense setup (or BSes with alot of zerglings).
2) Tigress for a decent offensive setup. Sapphistic/Arbalest are VERY outdated for a good pvp MP.
3) You need every evade you can get, so ditch the CC and aim for CSS. Also get Modnotu if you can.
4) Ring of Luck - Offensive, you don't need this, rather use some evade ring or when pvping a HHAB.
5) Ditch Ancient Combat Bracer, move Masterpiece Ancient Bracer to the Leftwrist and get a DB bracer in rwrist.
6) Drop the bist sleeves, get CSS sleeves. Ditch the OFAB Gloves too, get CSS gloves.
7) Get an OFAB chest.
8) Get AAD clusters, not AAO clusters :roll:

Oh, urgh, a too big list ;p

I'll make some changes to the setup later.

Just one note: (melee) allout DD MP does NOT mix with a pvp MP.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Bubbacrush
Little Leet

Post by Bubbacrush »

I am not looking to be TOP DD or TOP PVP. I want a good mix of both.

I choose CC over css because I already have CC. I chose beast sleeve because its cheaper than CSS.

Question? Does AAO add to aimshot somehow?

If I wanted an all out PVP or DD toon, there are far better examples to play with. The Shen stick MP is ruthless at PVM, Tigress for PVP. The shield MP seems to be the most efficient way of greasing my way around situations that could overpower me. And since the stats to wield the shield are not much different than the stats of the new staff.. well.. for efficiency reasons, may as well have at it. I can also do the Professional Atrox Beam (because its still damn impressive looking) as well as a Hungry Howlet for some nice melee specials. Swapping damage for certain raids wont be a problem, and I still have room to play with high HP setups.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Bubbacrush wrote:I am not looking to be TOP DD or TOP PVP. I want a good mix of both.

I choose CC over css because I already have CC. I chose beast sleeve because its cheaper than CSS.

Question? Does AAO add to aimshot somehow?

If I wanted an all out PVP or DD toon, there are far better examples to play with. The Shen stick MP is ruthless at PVM, Tigress for PVP. The shield MP seems to be the most efficient way of greasing my way around situations that could overpower me. And since the stats to wield the shield are not much different than the stats of the new staff.. well.. for efficiency reasons, may as well have at it. I can also do the Professional Atrox Beam (because its still damn impressive looking) as well as a Hungry Howlet for some nice melee specials. Swapping damage for certain raids wont be a problem, and I still have room to play with high HP setups.
Ok. In that case, I tell you to go Tigress with CSS. CSS is cheaper than CC, so if you sell the CC you should have no problem getting the CSS whatsoever :)

AAO does add to AimedShot damage, IF you haven't capped the max ben skill on the Tigress yet ... F.e. you are at 2601 AR, then get +200 AAO from casting Sacrificial Shielding on yourself, ending up at 2801 AR. AS damage will not increase because of those 200 extra AAO, because your weapon was already MBS capped. Whereas you have 2401 AR, then cast SS on self, you end up at 2601 AR and you will have bigger chances of a good AS damage (simply because bigger AR == more damage per regular/crit hit). :)

Hungry Howlet will not hurt anyone in pvm or pvp.. Better stick with the staff and get some more regulars in.

It is also possible for a well setup MP to swap between the Tigress and the Shield selfbuffed.

For big raids like Pande/APF, you are wayyyyy better off with the Tigress than the staff, DD wise.

Why?

Tigress is ranged. By the time you get close enough for the staff to hit the mob, the mob is almost dead. So you get in maybe two regular hits. Whereas Tigress is hide .. AS, fling .. instant damage! :D AND you don't have to run into range of the mobs to be able to hit them.

On top of that, you can't use any 2hb perks with the staff, since it's considered (by AO) not a 2hb weapon. But a T&S weapon. So, you lose damage from that as well compared to the Tigress.

Bubbacrush
Little Leet

Post by Bubbacrush »

But but but~! If I sell my CC, that will seriously hurt towerblock. Its the only alien armour that gives him ranged attack AR that can keep his dshark 100% and still be hot swappable. :(

can a trox MP make enough bow to hotswap the tigress? Im already level 41!
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

i hotswap tigress np. plx dont ask me to post my config. to embarrasing. there are tons of +bow items for MP, so its not really hard
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

"Bredin hotswaps tigress"

Bad foreign action movie? Or bad adult film?
Bubbacrush
Little Leet

Post by Bubbacrush »

Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

crep gloves are much cheaper and give more bow if u want an alternative.. ofc the SS gloves have other good bonuses as well
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Aye. Notucomm still is better than OFAB back for an evade ho btw.

Grab a Support left arm symb, it's way better than ANY of those imps you could make. (Giefs Bow/AAD/Healdelta/nanocost/nanoskills)

You might want to consider a Deck Range Increaser thing in deck3 for 40m castrange selfbuffed.

Alien Augmentation Device - Defensive into HUD1 rather than that dread thing.

QL275 VE > QL250 VE. And they aren't extremely hard to get.

Really need the two +hp mems? It's about 400 hp.. Compare that to 3% critdecrease from spirit yuttos, and the size of crits, and I know what I would choose ;)

Masterpiece Combat Tuner thing doesn't really look useful. You're better off with Improved Manual Aiming Aid.

For the rest it looks good now, it could probably use some more finetuning but you'd have to play a MP for a while to see the room for those little improvements. :)

EDIT: If you're going to need extra evades, consider getting an Infused Ancient Vision Preservation Unit and an Infused Ancient Defender == 100 AAD together. :D

Bubbacrush
Little Leet

Post by Bubbacrush »

With evades working as they are, I was led to believe that AAD was far superior to evades. Whats better do you think?

I'd also want to keep psychic high and have a decent HD/ND as well.

The new DB stuff isnt in the system yet.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Bubbacrush wrote:With evades working as they are, I was led to believe that AAD was far superior to evades. Whats better do you think?

I'd also want to keep psychic high and have a decent HD/ND as well.

The new DB stuff isnt in the system yet.
K, I looked some more at it, and would be using this when I made a pvp MP (nanomage one, the zorb > all for a pvp ho):

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=103881

Up to 4.25k def rating vs dodge with procs, RI, SS, SoZ, and def HUD3. :P

When using the setup I posted there, I can hotswap Tigress. I would have self 11s AS recharge. Around 13k hp self. To cast SoZ or Improved Intent I think I would have to swap in maybe a phulak, or some of the DB armor (think about spirittech chest, notum gloves) and if that doesn't do I can always add in Temple Tubes. Around 2.1 AR self. 2.3k AR if I cast SS on myself :)

Before anyone asks how I put the new items into the setup, yeah I hax. :D