next step?

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Elrojo
BacoTroll

next step?

Post by Elrojo »

Hi guys,

Just new back from break in AO and am stuck with my advy. I'd like to stay ranged until maybe 200, then when i get better symbs etc i can IP reset and get 1he or something for more PvP and less PvM as i read melee is better in PvP than ranged.

But as i stand i am playing with the current gear http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=109490

my next project was going to be lowbie research and AI to try and be able to get some better armour and maybe a alien pistol with burst to replace BBI. Does this sound ok?

I'm really struggling for armour choices. all seem to require highbie quests like lion and knights armour. Or tonnes of money for CSS or tonnes of VP for OFAB.

Weapon wise i'm pretty sure i'll stay with the JSPP for the FA and maybe Kyr'Ozch Pistol - Type 4 for burst and better min dmg than the ultra-uber BBI faithful.

Any advice on step number 1? anything would be appreciated
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Okay, since you only just came back and had a lot of outdated gear it's not going to be easy...

But trust me when I say we can get it together :)

First, I have the STRONG advice for you to go melee. Melee advy is much, much better than ranged advy in just about everything - pvp and pvm.

A while ago, I made this (ranged) setup for you: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=109338

All the items are cheapish/easyish to get. Not 500k per piece of course but still not as expensive as CSS. I think that you could buy that whole setup for the same price as for one piece of CSS. :)

I've got some Lion armor from (org) raids that you can have too, and remember that we got you a pair of Carlos boots a while ago? Probably have a Bracer of Recondite Flame as well.

Anyway, catch me ingame and I'll hook you up with some more gear. :) And if you want we can figure out the melee stuff too.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Thanks Lup,

Saw your config. biggest problem is going to be OFAB. Since i'm kinda crap and i hear the VPs are pretty hard to get. Plus i'm slightly PvP-phobic. Most items i have noooo idea where to get for example all the HUD items :(

I did put the CDBs on after i was given them! I'm guessing the bracelets and rings are for ranged only, so if i was to take what seems like everyone's advice and go melee that would change the gloves and ring/bracelet choice? OFAB gloves buff melee stats i have heard. If i went melee it should be alien axes right?

Should i register to try and quest with org? for Alien gear?

Thanks in advance Lup
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Elrojo wrote:Thanks Lup,

Saw your config. biggest problem is going to be OFAB. Since i'm kinda crap and i hear the VPs are pretty hard to get. Plus i'm slightly PvP-phobic. Most items i have noooo idea where to get for example all the HUD items :(

I did put the CDBs on after i was given them! I'm guessing the bracelets and rings are for ranged only, so if i was to take what seems like everyone's advice and go melee that would change the gloves and ring/bracelet choice? OFAB gloves buff melee stats i have heard. If i went melee it should be alien axes right?

Should i register to try and quest with org? for Alien gear?

Thanks in advance Lup
Well even if you wear a medsuit and newbie island pistols, you can still mech or turret up in the Battlestation and be just as good as every other mech. So, gimpness isn't going to stand in the way of getting VP. :)

Anyway, I'll make a list of where to get what:

Smart Hood of the Wanderer - ~5m to buy, loot from Tarasque (go to Tara raids by doing /tell Cameloot invite whenever it's spammed on Infonet). Tarasque is inside Camelot, the castle in Avalon. There's a grid exit to it so shouldn't be very hard to find. Same story for the Living Dragonskin Legs Armor.

Perfected Alien Tank Armor - ~15m to buy I think, not sure on price. Parts drop from Sector 10, a playfield locked to L100-150 toons. Here you can find how to make them. Often the sellers will give you all the parts so you only have to do the final combine.

Carapace - Drops from the third floor of the Inner Sanctum and will be a bitch to get on your own. Luckily there are teams, so just do what they tell you to and it'll be alright. Might of the Revenant drops here too.

Bracer of Recondite Flame - From Bane in here, but I've got one of them for you.

Another good shoulderpad (use it together with Might) is Barrow Strength but I don't know if you have this one already... it only drops from TOTW which is a L60 locked instance - so if you have one, great, if you don't have one, no biggy.

Alien Beacon - sector 10 as well, no idea on the price.

Alien Augmentation Devices - sector 10 as well, and again no idea on the price.

Offense research - 200 VP in the ofab shop, easy to get with a few LE missions.

Biomaterial Defensive Shield - drops from AI generals, every now and then one drops and sometimes it's asked on orgchat if anyone wants it... THAT is your chance! ;) Or just do alien raids.

Comm Relay - same story as Biomaterial Defensive Shield.

Ring of Power - Elements - I can give you a pair of TL6 (L190+) locked ones, which are as good as they're going to get, but you'll have to get 190 first.

-----------------------------

Okay one last thing, the bracers and rings work for melee advs too, as their weapons of choice (Kyr axes) are Fire damage as well. If you go melee this setup will work decently too, but you might have to change a few symbs.

Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Thanks for the list Lup. I'm working my way through it! I farmed some VP so i got that HUD3 item. I forget what it was. Also Hund (my new advy hero) has done a massive effort to help me get the pieces for perfected alien tank armour. If i can farm like 10k of VP i should be able to get the OFAB chest and sleeves. Short of that Lions if i can organise a HI raid. So the great un-gimping begins!!

Also MASSIVE thanks to hund for his patience, resourcefulness and all round champ-ness for the help in PAT armour!!

Elro
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Nice!

I should have some Lion armor for ya in bags.. Don't bother trying to farm OFAB with LE missions, the ONLY way you should do it is Battlestations really... the other ways go so extremely slow. :)

Once you hit 210 (yeah, if, once, etc :p ) you should aim for 300 ofab.