freeman

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

freeman

Post by Mrfreeman »

well im looking to get all the stuff, and start working on freeman's final setup, and what i have so far for it is ....
http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=110764

still need to get armor sorted out and all that so...but suggestions are welcome

*edit * ok I did the armor as mostly a aad setup but some for more AR (CC) along with some aad in it.

The head Id get a ssd but its a pita so not now :P (well CC is to but... not that bad)
Once upon a wave of summer,
I saw a bright, blue, cloudless sky
Before I felt blessed with thunder,
Then I was nuked- the end is nigh
- Solidstriker (AO Forums)
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Ok, doesnt look to bad ofc u need to change your armor setup a bit.

I would go with 2 Ancient defenders as opposed to 2 vision units. Also have a look at Mystery of Pisces.

Taurus spirit sucks, I would rather go with an Augmentation device Defensive, for +10aad & 500Hp +25 NR, just an opinion but certainly a better option in some cases.

Also you could look at your Decks, im pretty sure u dont need all that NCU, you could think about capricorn/libra mems as well as an infused VC.

Ring of defensive for hotswopping is a good idea aswell.

Best of luck mate & HF.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

Re: freeman

Post by Mrfreeman »

well I have been working on getting my final symbs for freeman the past few, more like many, pande weeks. And am currently down to 6 left. was 5 till i change inf for support ear :P
*support ear* got at pande
*infantry r arm* got at pande
*infantry l arm* got at pande
infantry waist
infanty r hand
*infantry feet* got at pande
now i have been trying to get these forever but they never drop or i get outbid by someone doing a load for them... I have 540 zpoints atm if anyone can trade me for another symb i can bid on or trade for some of the support/exterm 300 symbs i have already. If anyone can help with finding these it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)
Last edited by Mrfreeman on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:38 am, edited 4 times in total.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

woof... those are a lot of expensive symbs you need :S

I know.. I just did em.. Only thing I might be able to help with is if Hyde doesn't mind transferring my debt to you. I will be bidding on a 300 support ear, which I was goign to repay to hyde, but, I can easily give it to you, in which case you can assume my debt to hyde for the 300 support ear.

up to hyde ofc.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

Post by Mrfreeman »

i know they are :( 1.6 bil worth of symbs at the current price o0 but its stopping me from redoing freeman atm.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I've seen lots of relly competitive MA's with only mediocre symbs.

Of course, they wouldn't be competitive at a twinked level, but they can still do a crap load of damage, pvp and pvm.

Some things to remember, [[[all assumptions are based on an average 220 setup of 250-270 symbs and armour that you would have accumulated over normal play]]]

1. End game twinking takes 2 weeks.
2. Gathering the supplies for endgame twink could take 2 years.
3. The end result of end game twinking=ebayed, unless you know how to play your toon.
4. The only way to learn your toon is to play it with shit equipment and figure out how to gain the advantage using only what you have at your disposal.
5. Once you know your toon inside out, and know how to gain the advantage using crap equipment and using everything you have at your disposal, Then, and only then, is it time to do the endgame twink.
!!!!!!!!!Remember!!!!!!!!!
6. 1 piece of QL 300 CC>>all 300 symbs.
7. 2 pieces QL 300 CC >>>>>>>>>>all 300 symbs.
8. 3 pieces QL 300 CC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all 300 symbs
9. you get the picture. look at the AR differences of high QL symbs. It's like almost nothing.
10. unless youre wearing equipment from level 150 and never bothered to do a TL7 upgrade, the differences that slightly higher symbs or highest symbs will make is nothing compared to the AR and evades gains by equipping much much easier to get items, such as strong/CC armour sleeves, gloves and chest, sureshot/green mystical hood and slippers of screaming and nmtc.

Generally speaking, not doing the 300 symb twink is comparable to say... forgetting to buff composite phys attributes. Put that into perspective for a moment, and think about the AR/evades gains using only strong armour. 2 pieces of strong and youve tripled the offensive output and equalled the evades gains of the difference between lvl 250-270 symbs and 300 ones.

My point is.. don't rush the 300 endgame setup
I would way rather spend 200 zpoints and equip level 250-280 symbs, and spend 3 months farming axp and lvb. Get yourself 1 then 2 then 3 then 4 pieces of 300 CC. You will see much more results from doing that than hanging around with a half ass setup trying to accumulate all the 300 symbs right off the bat. Go for biggest bang for your buck first. Thats always my approach, and so far it's given me the most pleasure out of the game thus far.

The last thing is.. is you might lose interest in your toon if you are only working on the 300 symbs. It took me 8 months to collect all the ones I have. If you rush the 300 symbs and forget to upgrade other stuff along the way, you might find yourself equipping 300's and be in end game twink, with poopoo armour... which would suck horribly. Especially when you see another MA with one piece of CC on and half assed symbs ODing you. (a billion cred and way less stressful setup).

only my opinion.

Cheap MA setup you can use to pvp/pvm effectively:
1. 250+ inf symbs.
2. MoK
3. Offensive dmg hud 3 / evades hud 3
4. Sapphistic bow
5. SoFC
6. one shenstick for pvm
7. armour whatever combo of ofab/DB you want. alappa shoulder, ofab shoulder

Expensive MA setup for 300+/- higher AR:
1. 300 symbs
2. MoK
3. Offensive dmg hud
4 Sapphistic bow
5. SoFC
6 one shenstick
7. 300 CC armour, alappa shoulder, Igoc

Bah...... the point of all this, your set up shouldn't differ too much, the fundamentals are still the same.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

zomg what was I thinking in that last post.

Freeman, where are you at, after this week in pande, what symbs do you need now?

dang it I wish auno worked here, I want to see what you want your setup to look like.

Are you planning pvp/pvm, or some combination of the two?

And wth, I thought i heard you say something really quirky the other day, are you planning on some crazy exotic alpha move no MA has ever tried before or something?

Frig what was it.. I remember thinking: theres no way he will have the IP to do that... are you planning anything really wild?
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

Post by Mrfreeman »

mm not planning anything special really lol just 300 symbs and a def oriented setup, as this auno setup was only for maxed aad . Ima say more pvm minded since i will mostlikey keep the dual shens. i may switch to a hotswap AS but its not in my plans atm. just working on getting symbs atm, since those wont change (i hope o0) 4 left:
support ear
infantry r arm
infantry waist
infanty r hand
will decide what to do from there.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

looks good for pvm!

maybe only want to go with more add damage? except you don't need to worry about that at all. dual shen is great dmg already.. are you going full disharmony?
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

Post by Mrfreeman »

atm disharmony wont be maxed, only to 8/10 so i cna keep:
spiritual master
unstunnable
acrobat
and CiB

maxed, and 4 in brawler for the 2 specials
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

honesstly, I've tried disharmony, and it rules.

pvm it's like having three people constantly healing you.

lose brawler. no point to keeping it, the damage the perks do is on the order of <500 dmg

whereas the dmg gained by having a 300-400 point drain on ~80% of hits is WAAAAAAAY better.

I'd go with 1 in NR and the last one in brawler instead. also, you'll find that the difference between 8/10 disharmony and 10/10 disharmony is like night and day. full disharmony with heal efficiency at 7% is like 312 hp every 2 seconds. It's out of hand, honestly.

during a alien raid vs QL 261 hackers and two zix, I can get nuked down to 3000 hp left (like 2x6000 nukes) and be completely healed without using perks or SoR by the end of the fight.

I can solo every gen including rimah and illari easily with full disharmony (and thats with only 1 shenstick) MA is beast pvm with two shen and full disharmony.
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

Post by Mrfreeman »

the reason for the 4/6 perks in brawler is for the stuns not so much the dmg they do, or that that lines adds anyway. Its just a chnace to add 2 more stuns along with my MA specials and if brawl ever lands its stun.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Try it, and I'm 100% sure when you try 8/10 disharmony vs 10/10, you'll see the difference I'm talking about. It's a more constant heal than HD.. that thats saying something.

by the way, as well: incapacitate + red dusk >>>>>>>>>>>stuns pvm for sure. pvp is another story, in all honesty, I tried using stuns in pvm, and imo they are useless. Mobs don't hit you enough for it to be an effective method of reducing damage taken.

Furthermore, since you can only stun one mob at a time, if youre tanking three or four mobs at once, it's more important to be able to keep your hp up... another reason why 10 in dish is better. (think hacker+mob+ 2x zix) if youre busy fighting the hacker, you can't stun a level 273 zix long enough for it to be a worth while expenditure of your time (with 3 mobs unstunned still hitting you), hence better to just keep the hp up.
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

Post by Mrfreeman »

well, 2 more symbs to go, and im at 0 zpoints now after the support ear for 140 pts :P. they are:
infantry waist
infanty r hand
however, i still need to get the alba bracer(got the mem ready for it) and 8 more db infusers :( so if anyone can help me get any of that, Id appreciate it :P I am ready to go now that I got my BoC and am really itching to put all these symbs in.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

dang...gz on the ear, I am tryin to get one of those and that damned phra, he will lose his RL status on pande for doing a retaliatory ban on me.

grr, need pande so bad too...