Question about crat weapons...

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Question about crat weapons...

Post by Rulzern »

So, I'm wondering what people think about crat weapon choices?

I mean, pistol is the "obvious" choice, but it doesn't seem (immidiately) like the best choice to me:

Pistols I have thought about:
Ofab Peregrine MK 6
Dreadloch Balanced Freedom Arms
BigBurger Inc. Chapman Max

Now, the dread + peregrine seems to be the standard choice, I was thinking about the dread + bigburger with lots of add damage as another option. Both options seem decent, but a bit cookie-cutter, so I was thinking of some other things:

Ofab Hawk Mk 6 + Kyr'Ozch Machine Pistol - Type 5

Other options are 1hb and 1he, but I'm not sure that I want to go down the melee route.

Then there's MA, nice for getting procs off with the BoBs, but are shen sticks possible? Should be pretty nice damage if they are.

Well, anyway, just looking for opinions and thoughts, let me know if you have them. ;)
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Shen sticks would be possible, since if a Doc can equip a weapon then almost anyone can, but not necessarily recommended. Yeah you'll get procs off with them BUT you have to be in melee range for it. Imo that's bad for any toon with crowd control. Dual wielding pistols or something else will get you almost as many proc chances and will let you get out of the way.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

just a fyi big burger would be great for pvm, I have one on my 220 eng and he is in a dd setup, lots of add dd, cc armor, rbp, etc. guess what? in pvp he misses even docs with his FA, your pistols in pvp are just for getting proc off, you won't kill anyone with it. "if" you are serious for pvp, you need a AS weapon, go bow, or ithica, RE3, don't even mess with craphander...tried that and failed!

for profs like crats and engs, there is no real pvp/pvm option, you have to choose one or the other...don't tell hyde I said all this because he told me the same like 2 years ago but I didn't listen and tried it for myself, and wasted...oh, like 3 billion credits!
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

I'm not really interested in PvP at the moment on my crat, if I ever get rich enough to attempt to twink another toon, I might be, but right now I'm just interested in a decent PvM setup.
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

then throw on the FA pistol, you will be happy, i get 10k FA on reg basis, sometimes higher ;)
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

I can get around 5-7k FAs right now, but the recharge is too long (40 seconds) for it to be good DD compared to an AI pistol or peregrine.

I can squeeze out 143 FA from right arm (QL300 imp), 220 from IP when I get to 220, but that still leaves me with a FA recharge of 26 seconds, give or take. Still 380ish short of 11-sec FA, full AI armor would give me 210, AI eye would give me 60, and that's about all I can squeeze out unless I want to put in a waist imp. If I get all that, I'd end up at a FA of about 12-13 seconds, which would be sweet, but not cheap, and not really practical considering all the HP gear I'd have to give up to get that. It would land me at fairly decent evades though, with CSS, and with waist symb. I'll have to run through the numbers when I get closer to 220 to see if it's something I want to go for.

I am still interested in the KMP+Hawk combo as well, but I figure I'll just stick with bigburger + freedom arms until 220, then do the calcs to figure out which route I want to go.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Re: Question about crat weapons...

Post by Rulzern »

Alright, so, still a work in progress, but I've been thinking a bit about PvP lately (at 220 mostly).

I'm currently thinking about going for a Ithaca Ki-8 Snakemaster, and I was wondering, how would it work to hotswap with a Spear of Forbidden Ceremonies for sneak and dimach, maybe even a Nightspear Grandmaster for brawl as well?

Is it worth it, should I go in some other direction for PvP?

The reason for using those is that I'll be able to switch between PvM and PvP setup easily. Any ideas or suggestions?
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Hahahahaha sofc crat... Read too much wilsonat crap Rulzie? :D

On a more serious note, Crattey tried sofc but said it sucked. So it probably did as Crattey's no noob.

I'd say Sapphistic bow and swap to fists to Dimach peoples.

Other than that, pistols are for crat imo a very decent choice too, you can get a decent AR and you have a much better chance to land stunprocs with the pistols. And with pistols I mean Peregrine Mk6 (QL300 pref), and Freedom Arms.

Craphander is crap. Ithaca is slow to hotswap.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

If I wanted to stand around looking at "You tried to hit XXX but missed", I'd just keep playing my keeper. But I was curious, how is it too slow to hotswap? I only get AS every 11 seconds (provided I can cap it), and swap takes 11 seconds if I read this right.

Also, relying on stun procs from regular pistols in PvP is silly, I won't be able to kill anyone with any evade gear at all, dread + onehander, while crappy, atleast gives me something to do against people with evades (who are the same people who can't kill me quite as fast), Ithaca has a slightly better AS, and some evades packed in. I don't care enough about duels to go for a setup based around dimach.

Also, for a pistol setup, I'd probably have better luck with bigburger + dread than dread + pere, since the people I could kill with a pistol setup are the same people FA would actually hit well on (I beleive I'll end up with around 2.3k pistol AR, and ~2k AR on specials).
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

And in these 10s you need to hotswap your Ithaca, you can't cast anything, you must not be in nano recharge to start a hotswap, you must know EXACTLY ahead of time when your target will be low enough for your Dimach to kill it, etc.

While sapphistic hotswaps in less than a second, so if you see your victim low you can click bow off, brawl/dimach, and click bow on and keep on casting/rooting/stunning/ASing without a worry. :)

But well I aint stopping ya.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

sapphistic bow has only 5 arrows, which gets a bit annoying if you're using it for a main wep.

That said, it's really good for hotswap.

I wouldn't use brawl. It will NEVER land. brawl check is

(brawl+MA)/2+AAO vs evade close +AAD

In otherwords, if you have 0 MA skill, it won't land. I've got 2600MA skill and 2300 brawl, and it doesn't land, a lot.

Generally speaking, I think it's dumb idea to go with a weapon type that is not suited to your prof. (Dshark on advy for example) In my opinion, I would go with a pistol setup, balanced FArms and a Peregrin MK6.. but, goes with 275 MK6, because you want to be able to equip it easily, and your AR will be the highest you can get it with pistols... that said, if AS is your main offensive attack (which it should be in pvp), you can go with a different weapon type entirely.

Against the true evade profs you need AS, equip and leave equipped a AS wep.

I think for pvm though, you really want to keep the dualable pistols... otherwise you'll just get frustrated at low dmg, even though crats have a lot to offer besides DD.

in stuff like BS, it doesn't matter, if you can hotswap the pistol for a bow for AS, I'd do that, if its more convenient to roll with a bow, do that. The other option, is to have a wep that has decent min dmg, and still has AS.. consider a dreadloch rifle, or a kryzoch rifle. AS, fling shot and high min dmg. can't lose, don't even need to hotswap for AS, and still have fling. also, crat fling is not dark blue .. yay!
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Technically, the "most suited" weapons for a trox crat (based on base weapon skill) would be:

Pistol
1HB
SMG
Shotgun

In that order, and the special skills that are most fitting are:

Sneak
Brawl
Full Auto
Burst
Fling shot

But that's pretty much irellevant, weapon support, no matter which weapon you choose, is utter crap on crat, you'll get some ~200-300 more AR with pistol than with the other choices, but your AR will still be too crappy to hit anything other than greens and non-evaders.

The reason I would want to have brawl is for the stun, which doesn't need brawl to land at all, but it's not a high priority.

The reason I'd prefer to go with the Ithica compared to the sup sapp is that it gives more bonuses, it uses projectile damage, it has fling (it's not much, but it'll have higher AR than regs), and it gives some decent bonuses. The downside is of course that it won't cap as easily (211 vs 318 base damage for AS).

Another problem with the cookie-cutter PvM setup of freedom arms + peregrine is that it takes a lot more work to swap between a PvM and PvP setup, with the bigburger + freedom arms for PvM, I can self-swap between PvM and PvP setup without any hassle (it also has the benefit of saving me a bunch of IP in MR). It will also OD the 300 pere + freedom arms in situations where I have ~700+ add damage (sold + keep in team), and give me more opportinities for proc to land (capped burst recharge, FA every 11-16 seconds), those are of course PvM concerns.

Another thing that is pushing me in the direction of the Ithaca for PvP, is that I can equip a onehander against non-evaders, and get the benefits from a pistol setup (frequent procs) as well as an extra AS every now and then (they are both projectile damage as well).
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

dude... your argument for ithaca / onehander and pistol is very convincing.

I like the reasoning and it makes good sense. So in summary: youre thinking

ithaca vs evades profs

ithaca OR onehander and freedom arms vs non evades profs for more proc chances and more dmg.

This is good... vs evade profs you really only want AS, and thats it.

Fixer is dead in 4 AS, MA is dead in 5 (unless he has a low hp setup and twinked reflects)

Then you can just swap out the onehander for the bigburger with FA for pvm... I think thats really good. You still keep your ranged attacks, and be an offensive threat in pvp.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln