Bredintarder

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Bredintarder

Post by Bredin »

So I am really enjoying playing my trader. Of course I worry about how nerfed the proffession is. Of course, the only thing to fear is fear itself, right? Right? :shock:

Goals:
1. Have fun while playing AO. So far, Ive really enjoyed the gameplay.

2. Become a good org tradeskiller. I guess to really be able to make everything I will need to get to TL7, and camp some gear. I'm not as worried about the TS aspect of things now that we have more TSers in the org, especially with Mophro. It's still a goal though.

3. Make creds. This toon has already been a big help.

4. Be viable in PvM and not be to often-embarrassed at 210+ BS.

I'm level 125 right now and working on putting on QL 200 implants and 200 Barter armor for my 1k token grind. Ive already started with missions for the tokens and do OK so far I guess.

Anyway, this is just a bump to the trader forums here :-)
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

I liked my trader, and as far as it being a nerfed prof., well yes it is. Funny I have alot of those. For tradeskills, you won't need much uber gear at t7, you have good ts buffs, a few pieces of officers or scouts armor will do. For pvm, I have seen some traders do great dd there, and they can mezz just as well as others, wrangles is always nice! PVP...well my NT hates traders...maybe crats do to, since Traders are not one of the "chosen" pvp toons they are like any other, "if" you put the time in them they can be great, will they be the "best" on the BS, nope, but you can learn to hold your own...there are some traders that use just GTH on BS and get owned, but some that use their complete toolset and a few tricks and they do very nicely, it's all up to you!

My deal is, if you have fun with it, play that toon! Who cares about it being nerfed!
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff
Bredin
Leetissimo!

Post by Bredin »

Thats my thought exactly Muddy, as long as it is fun, then great. The counterpoint is that you have to know going in what the limitations might be. You cant level a trader to TL7 then bitch too much about not being uber in PvP. My thought is that there will be some trader lub coming in future patches ;-) Even if not, no biggie. Fun ftw
Calen
Maxi Leet

Post by Calen »

nerfed seems to be in the eyes of the player, i see traders like our own Nasc/Enye - Vickiee, who are amazing at pvp for the level they are. I think they still have potential in this game.