Level 150 fixer - suggestions anyone?

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Mophro
Giant Leet

Level 150 fixer - suggestions anyone?

Post by Mophro »

My gear
Getting an infused compiler in ncu slot 6.

Suggestions anyone?
Mophro - man of few words - word!
Pass the salt please.
core
King Size Leet

Post by core »

Imo having a 150ish fixer as well, you need more ncu since the only people that can kill you are nts (you cant avoid that just run) or agents the rest of them wont hit you so buffs will be a lot more worth it to you than 60 to evades.

Other than that what weapon do you have in mind to use ?
Mophro
Giant Leet

Post by Mophro »

Im using a SMG, thought about the killer combo that gives most/all special ranged, but that would be to much of a strain IP wise at lvl 150.

And basically the two things ill be doing is Sector 10 and BS (maybe a few random duels).

And with this setup with my own ncu buff i have around 500 ncu, i thought that d be enough for buffs generally.

In my experience so far it seemed to me that agents had a hard time getting me down, NTs however you are right my NR does help but once they are at it, im down.

It is kind of funny to stand there having people miss and miss and miss, and then when they have me half dead start usping acrobat perks :D.
Pass the salt please.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Depending on how much IP you have, and how much PvP you want to do, you could hotswap the SMG with a Arbalest or (more interesting) a vektor. Those options (if you have the IP for them) would give you a decent AS for people you can't kill with normal hits, a vektor would give you 30 evades as well. Another option that can work well is the Alsaqri Chemical Rifle which is Chemical damage (the same as SMG), so you can keep your damage gear. Otherwise, you'll have to go all out on AR to kill people (which isn't really an option in GA).

Look at aomainframe for a listing of what items you can wear with GA. I personally I beleive that GA is only good for farming sec10 bosses, or for froobs, since you'll be so lacking in AR, damage and options compared to SWS+armor.

If you're planning on doing PvM farming, the important things to get are the 1k PvP token board, the primus skinchip, and two rust-pitted rings, I'd personally drop the GA altogether unless you're planning on soloing sec10 bosses or spending a lot of time on RK.
core
King Size Leet

Post by core »

Well don't know how much things have changed since I was gone from the game for example if sws is viable for low levels but it wasn't back in the day the main difference being that you get hit by perks and you have the same hots to get by.

Personally I wouldn't make a ttl lvl 5 fixer without GA for towers and I d get on a real AS gun and drop a lot of IP on AS + get a good VE to go with it.

But then again thats just me :)

Good AS weapon means fast AS recharge which won't happen with most of them I d pick a rifle or Ithaka if I had the IP to spare.

You won't be able to be a killing machine no matter what at that level but with smg for pvm/tower demolishing and people you can perk + Ithaka for people you can't perk you d be close to the best you can be.
As for ncus 500 sounds ok for main buffs maybe change one for another yutto's if you can put it on and you ll be fine.

Bear in mind that regardless of what weapon you ll chose for AS you need only enough weapon skill to get it on but as much AS skill as possible.

As for pure pvm best RK weap for s10 or whatever is Fantaghiro BBI-Viral Gold Star.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

GA is good for S10 and towers, but for BS and for duelling you just don't have the damage needed. I know you're doing S10, so 151+ is out of the question, but if you get bored then level to 164 (but NOT higher) and you can really pimp yourself out and have enough IP to do things that aren't going to work with GA. And at that point SWS will work as good as GA at towers imo ... I had a lot of fun both on BS and at towers with Jexyll at 164 and never had GA at all.
Mophro
Giant Leet

Post by Mophro »

Thanks guys for posting your thoughts, I have some stuff to consider.
I appreciate it!
Pass the salt please.