Support Intel ear issue

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Support Intel ear issue

Post by noobas »

I've got a half issue.

I've just started my perk reset for doing all my 300 symbs, but in a last minute flummox, I've realized that I think I'm going to need an intel support ear.

I don't have one right now, but what I do have is a whack of zods points.

I'm wondering if someone might have one, which I can "borrow" until I can replace it with one that drops from zods (or another symb of comparable value point-wise (100-400 points)).

The points I have were earmarked for a intel infantry leg, but I sold my Igoc to get it, incase it didn't drop this week. So now I have enough points to get it, or any high priced symb, but it may not drop on a time-line consistent with my perk reset.

Of course the other option is to buy one, ( ~100m short atm) but I would rather borrow one until I can replace with the zods raidpoint investment.

Anyone with a spare one/ one for sale/trade?
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Support Intel ear issue

Post by noobas »

Many thanks to Hyde, who has graciously lent me a 300 support ear.

I will be returning said item as soon as this item is dropped at pande and is attainable for a point total of the amount I have or less. (200)

Thanks hyde!

With this item aquired, I would like to propose a light debate on 2 options under consideration for end game setups.

Under consideration:

300 infantry head (137 bow spec attack)
280 support head (133 nano pool)
132 syndicate head (20 agi, 20 sense, 25 MA, 1 crit, 50 brawl, 50 dimache) 0 NR, 37 less nano skills.

290 support chest (5 evades on trickle of sense) and some nano pool/max nano/psychic
300 infantry chest (137 dimache, 137 BD) also would have to acquire (300m atm)

fist of the dominator (22 AAO, MA/brawl/dimache skill, 10 evades, some dmg)
left wrist support symb (83 NR, 83 parry, 83 runspeed and some dmg shield)

The reason I want infantry head is for bow spec attack, but the support head will give better base stats and nano pool, thus higher nanodelta.

The reason I want infantry chest is for fastest dimache recharge, however, since it's already on the order of 10 minutes, it is not really an issue if it's 1 min more, and it always caps regardless of how many more points are in it. Also, 137 BD is just more hp to deal with, and I'm aiming at taking my max health down a bit after the end game twink.

syndicate head is probably feasible, based on current nano skills and the additions the 300's will make. To cap AR, I could use syndicate head, and fist of dominator for an extra 50 AR... holy crap...I guess I'll have to do that. especially since NR is so damn broken.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Ok....

Ring of luck offence: 30 aao
ring of dalja: 15 aao, 20 aad
CC chest 15 aao, 15 aad
dreadloch hud 15 aao
CC boots 30 skill, 15 aao, 15 aad
FoTD 5 skill, 22 aao (?), 10 evades
syndicate brain 25 skill, 4 trickle
2x Igoc 20aao, 20-15aao from alappa = 25 difference aao, 40 aad

total= 201 AR difference.
(and 104 evades/aad/trickle)

I say: forget about NR, and go for the AR. when you get to QL 300 symbs, and youre putting on 300 CC, .. well, why skimp on the simple stuff when you pay billions to get those last few AR in the symbs and CC? It doesn't make any sense.

I'm thinking that in my final twink setup I'll have JUST under 3200 AR with fists. This, combined with moonmist should put me in a position to use Flower of life and delerium on any advy, end game twink or not. pvpwise, this should be the strongest ganking setup that I can do. I'll have to figure out if and how to cast my end game heals using this setup (if the nanoskills are short) but I don't think they are going to be... I should be fine.

I'll need CC boots and chest, but I'm planning on farming for those eventually anyway.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Since no one is responding to this thread, it's becoming notes to self. :s

1. ring of luck: offence is 28 aao (and hard to find)
2. CC chest in the making
3. CC boots have to wait
4. syndicate brain, FotD done
5. Ring of Dalja transfer from keeper
6. Dreadloch hud is done.
7. considering a masterpiece manual aiming aid (50 AS, 150 bow spec attack, bow skill, phys init)
8. Total AR increase from 300 symbs will be 21.

What other rings are there that add either MA skill or add all offence, to pair with dalja?
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

ring of the deceptor/deciever/devious? where do you get this...

and... what about a subspace universal storage device?
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

noobas wrote:ring of the deceptor/deciever/devious? where do you get this...
Never heard of those and they don't show on Auno, which is up to 17.10.

SSD is a fine headpiece, no idea how it stacks up for MAs though. Not cheap and ridiculous to camp.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

ring of the devious or something

it's 25 perception, 25 concealment, 15 AAO, 15 AAD.

I saw it on divine001

It might be omni only, but no clue, didn't think much of it at the time.

I can't get to auno at work, does the subspace storage device give 24 aao/24aad, 12 skill?

then 6 base stat? Because that is 37.5 AR (24 aad)... compared to 45 with CC hat (15 aad).

soo, really, only a slight difference. imo AR is good, but and AAO is better though because of the double additions in the aliens perks check....

alien perk (12+24)+24 vs evade+aad or (30+15)+15
regular perk (12+24) vs evade+ aad or (30+15)

soooo actually, the CC hat is just as good for AI perks and better for SL perks, except for the puny amount of trickle that affects skill in the case for AI.
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Ring of Divided Loyalty, Albtraum PB loot.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

doood.. thanks!
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

I say:

Support brain
No Aiming Aid
Ofabulous pants
CC helm since SSD is more expensive, also keep in mind CC gives Add Damage (= more chance of a good AS or SA or etc), AimedShot (easier to cap AS recharge on bow), and on top of that it'll be easier to get enough Piercing/FA to hotswap a good QL SOFC.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Ok.. heres some things to ponder.

1. Can't cap AS on ma unless you use TS or RH implant. (which I'm not doing.)

Capping AS was the mission for 15.0(?)-17.10. The new thing is to use 2x heal (8 second recharge) with a AS recharge of 16 seconds. (As opposed to capping AS recharge at 11 seconds with SoR at 11.23 seconds)

With sniper friend (25 AS), masterpiece manual aiming aid (50 AS), and 7 pieces CC (210 AS), I'm still a "take the shot" away from capping AS recharge, I worked it out.. the only way to nearly cap AS is to make a right hand implant with AS (without a Scope).

Don't get me wrong... I want the shortest recharge on AS I can get without compromising main wep AR but I can't use a RH imp and I can't use a 275TS.

2. While there is merit in this setup (using TS) it doesn't utilize the new heal (MoK 260+hp/second) vs (SoR 143 hp/sec) to capacity. Also, this setup reduces phys init, And results in substantial loss of AR for other attacks, namely fist.

3. No aiming aid I agree with. just don't have room for it (but could use instead of dreadloch AAO hud) However, at 150 bow spec attack it may be very useful in hitting fixers and MA's)
Check on arrows of alb. is (BSA skill + AAO) vs 20% dodge range+aad

4. I have: CC head, CC sleeves, CC gloves, with CC chest in the works... just need strong bots for it. So I'm gradually increasing my AR, even with the really expensive/hard to farm items.

5. Using SoFC Ql 261 atm.. I'm not sure if going to a higher QL is beneficial (except if it has a higher max beneficial skill), however, I'm definitly interested in discussing it.

6. Most importantly, I want to know your reasons for saying suport brain, because, honestly its the last one I would choose. I'm leaning way more towards syndicate, with a QL 300 infantry as a very close second (but may be argued into top spot). Support brain isn't even on the charts atm.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Support brain gives these skills compared to infantry:

69 Intelligence
547 Max nano
137 Nano init
83 nano pool
69 Psychic
(useless skill below)
137 QFT
55 trap disarm
83 Electrical engineering

Infantry brain gives these
137 Bow spc. attack
(useless skills below)
137 mech engi
137 melee energy
83 map navig
83 weapon skills

So the tradeoff is 17-ish nanoskills (as well as other trickly from int/psy) and ~800ish nano for 137 Bow spc. attack, since bow spc. attack checks 20% evade, and you only need 1200-ish to use the arrows, and it's spammable (atleast as far as I can tell), I don't see why you'd need the 137 bow spc. attack unless you need it to get over 1200 in that skill.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Ok.. so those are good points. lets revisit the bow spec attack vs say a comparable skilled MA.

I currently have abou 1600 bow spec attak. (with a infantry head in giving I think 130 bow spec attack.)

and I guess I probably have close to 300ish aao. since I think my MA skill is about 2700 and AR is about 3000.

I have in "non-evades out the ass" setup about 2250 dodge ranged and 1000 aad

soo.. lets see how it checks.

(1600+300) =1900 VS 2250*0.2+1000 =1450 ok so un-perked no prob to hit.

now, with dof running

(1600+300)= 1900 vs (2250+800)*0.2+1000 = 1610 again should be able to hit.

ok.. so not bad obviously though you won't be hitting on mega aaD profs, or with ES running.

As well, with a crat it might be tough.

ok .. but without the infantry head, my bow spec attack skill drops:
1470+300=1770 vs 1610 (with dof, still should hit) (fixer though might be different with an extra 350 aad.)

Ok.. not bad, so then the only other thing to consider is the nano and base stat increases.
Don't need nano init (against docs the -init debuffs are too severe to combat with small increments more)
Don't really need more max nano (although always helpful)
REALLY want more nano pool for higher tick... but 1 (83/100) won't really make a big difference.
Psychic has 6 point trickle into MA skill.. which is great.

Ok.. so the support brain might be better than infantry.... but what about syndicate?
If nanoskills aren't a problem, why not go for 25 more AR, (28 with trickle) 50 brawl, 50 dimache?

28 AR once youre above 3000 starts to be worth a LOT. We're talking about being at the edge of using normal checking weapons (think delerium, FoL) against moderate evades profs (think keeper, advy, shade) The different between using FoL and delerium against an advy is the difference between winning and losing. If you can't hit them to gain the perkable advantage, the fight is lost. I experimented three times raqcuish form quetza. I needed more AR to hit him with delerium, and he is, so far the only exception (every other advy I can land it on)

But if he can get enough evades to dodge it, other advies can too. Hence Why I'm twinking AR in end game.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

I definately agree that the choice between syndicate and support is not clear-cut for an endgame MA, but another comment about the alba arrows, don't they work like kizzers, in that they work in the same way regular hits work (as opposed to perks), so if you have 1000 AR, and they have 1100 def rating, you won't hit every time, but you can still just spam it until it hits?

Now, the question about syndicate vs. support brain is interesting indeed.

Will the 50 brawl increase help you in PvP? (The stun lands just as well on brawl misses as hits, the question is, will it increase the amount of times brawl hits noticably, and is that damage important?)

If brawl doesn't help you all that much, you're sacrificing 40-50ish nano skills, 140 NR, a bunch of nano and nano init, 33 dimach and whatnot for 22 AR and 1% crit.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

As Rulz said in his last post...

Especially if you have a hard time selfing MoK already, you should stick with 300 support brain rather than go with Syndi. Yeah Syndi gives more AR. But using Support means you can use less nanoskill stuff elsewhere, which could give you more AR. :)

Also the NR is very important tbh.. it may be broken but still a shiatload of NR > no NR.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.