Endgame Perk setup

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Endgame Perk setup

Post by noobas »

I have recently tested soli beta genome survival perk.

This perk has a heal over time for 30 seconds with a 125 second recharge time.

I'm not exactly on the spacing, but the end result is somewhere on the range of 3000-4000 hp recovery over 30 seconds, further usable 90 seconds later.

Can anyone tell me if there is a better way to spend the last 10 perks?

I like this heal so much I may readjust my current perk setup to use it from now on (lose about 75 ma skill and bore on CoLI, or lose some evades and red dusk on MA professional line.)

I think that the MA professional line also adds hp, which I will have to consider as well in the final setup.

This heal gives the endgame setup more options. For one thing it means that perk healability is now hugely more effective, and makes me less reliant on MoK. Furthermore it now means that a shift to a low hp setup may not be as crucial to survival when dealing with 11 second AS professions.

Any thoughts?
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Re: Endgame Perk setup

Post by Rulzern »

My experience with bio regrowth (500 hot, 2s tick, 15k healed in total) on my keeper is that it's a great heal, but when I need it, it's already too late to use it (5s execution time, blocks other heal perks). You're kind of dependant on knowing when you will need it before you need it, so I usually either end up using it too late and dying anyway, or using it too early and wasting a 15k heal on 4k damage. Survival is even slower healing (5s tick, using that + SoR + 120 HD means that in 11 seconds, you heal 3380 HP, so provided that you only get hit with AS, and you're only fighting one opponent, you should be ok (for 30 seconds) with 11.2k HP.

Survival heals 3360-3600 HP over the 30 sec duration it lasts. I personally wouldn't sacrifice much evades or AR for it, since it won't help you survive an alpha, and it's of limited use in PvM IMHO.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Check out Alpha genome too for Sphere, +100 AAD/AAO/3%crit on it.

I'd say those 100 AAO when you need them, could matter more than the permanent 100 MA skill from COLI. Especially since these help on other perks than just MA-dependant ones too. Or you could stack up Alpha+COLI+Xuyun?

It's a matter of choice though. :)

Oh ehh, last, you MUST perk up Xuyun to the max or you're going to have one helluva problem killing healers. Red Dusk is simply uber.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Mrfreeman
Big Leet

Post by Mrfreeman »

and i get laughed at for having sphere perked, pffft :P
Once upon a wave of summer,
I saw a bright, blue, cloudless sky
Before I felt blessed with thunder,
Then I was nuked- the end is nigh
- Solidstriker (AO Forums)
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

You getting laughed at has nothing to do with sphere freeman! ;D
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

LOL

ok, to put it in perspective, I've had red dusk perked forever, and It's not on the chopping block.

However, there is another way to kill nano healers:
ring of sister pestilence +
enigma +
blessed with thunder +
NR1 perk

= no nano..

however, surviving long enough to get all those things going and long enough to make use of them is what is the critical issue.

I agree that 100 AAO is a massive benefit. I mean, take fighting a crazy evades advy for example, like racyska. you can't perk him, but an extra 100 AAO would put him near the point of "holy shit this isn't good" especially if you add moonmist to the mix, once DOF runs out he's cooked. I'm looking at close to 3500 AR with MM and sphere running.

So: going for the limber gank? ya, I'd take sphere. going for a more long drawn out fight, I'd go with the extra heal.

Ok, for reference though, and for the sake of proper comparison, the launch time on survival is about 1.5 seconds. and it lasts 30 seconds, and it recharges 1:30 after it runs out.
Other perk heals MA's have are: red dawn: one time heal, recharge 75 seconds I think
and harmonize body and mind, bigger heal, recharge like 3 minutes.

One other thing to consider: DoF 40 sec duration, 65 sec recharge. limber 40 sec duraation, 25 sec recharge , for that 25 seconds while limber is running, sphere would improve it by 50% (100aad) AND add an extra 100 aao. sphere hasa 1:30 recharge time I think as well.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

You need Merciless, not Pestilence, if you want to drain nano. :)

That aside, when you fight an agent you're usually dead by the time my nanopool is empty. :)

Plus because it is just a normal drain (and not also nanodelta-drain) I can time a stim and/or get a bunch of nanodelta to pull off another heal.

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I have no doubt about it.

However, considering the rate of interuptions fighting a stun/melee prof, you'd be hard pressed to get another one off, especially during an alpha, and, for the record, I'm not saying that reducing the nanopool on a nano healer is the best way to kill them.

I'm just saying that init debuff isn't the only method to producing a kill.

I don't think that using nano drains, an init debuff and a fast alpha isn't a good way to kill a nano dependant prof.

What I am questioning is whether it's better to use soli alpha genome for sphere (currently at the expense of about 60 MA skill in CoLI OR in xuyun (where I lose red dusk)

Or use soli beta genome for a heal which is skeptical in worth at the same expense.

The only other options currently are: 8 perks in CoNC, and use syndicate head, gaining another fast damage perk, or, use Combat knowledge which also results in a high damage ai perk and a large skill timer % modifier reduction.

Honestly I can't see that losing red dusk is a decent choice. Neither can I see losing 70 odd MA skill in the last two perks of CoLI. I think the best options are CoNC and CK.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

I guess go for Xuyun10+Sphere then, with your spare perks into COLI? Or at least experiment with it.

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Well, I considered that, that would result initially in aprox. 60 less permanent(until AI 29+30) AR, with a usuable extra 100AAO for those downright freeeky evades profs.

furthermore: since the whole point of getting high AR is to perk those pesky advies with red dusk, this seems like a reasonable solution (especially considering the extra AAO advantage of ai perks) essentially, the gain in perkability over 20 seconds would be

(AR-(60 ma skill)+100aao)+100aao checking (evades +aad)

which is a 140 points of skill better for perking than just keeping the straight CoLI line perked.

Definitely not a bad choice alpha...

that setup would definitly requiire use of the support brain too: I realized I wouldn't be able to withstand a loss of 37 nanopoints, especially with lack of hud space for nano items.
crap. now I have to go re-read the arguments for infantry brain vs. support brain.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

You'll get double AAO only on the Champion of ... perks, Red Dusk doesn't have it.

So until you get AI30 or at least perk up COLI too, you won't have any perks that benefit from the double AAO check.

That left aside, the AAO helps with Brawl checking perks as well. Or whatever other perks you have with a different check than Martial Arts. :)

PS: Support/Infantry brain ftw :P

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I was under the impression that all AI perks used double AAO in the check calc. I may totally be mistaken, but thats just what I thought.

xuyun is a ai line, thus so is red dusk.

yes.. agreed about the brawl checking perks.. huge for brawler with it's two highly favorable stuns.. ftw. om man, this is really intereting. I'm really getting stoked. I have to transfer over my ring of dalja and start farming that alba ring hyde was talkin about. divided loyalty.

also, I might have to look into using an augmentation offense hud for an extra 10 aao (and add dmg)

that could replace my infused defender hud, which is getting more and more unfavourable as my hp drops :D
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

So replace the Defender with an Aiming guide instead of s10 junk? ;p

Look how you can tell if it's working on a double AAO:

Bore for example, http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=253078, has as Attack Skills "Attack modifier 100 %". That means your current AR. But because it is a perk, it's Attack Skills + AAO = total off check.

So in the end - you are at (MA skill + AAO) + AAO = Attack Skills.

It's easy to check if you know it. Red Dusk uses 100% MA and not Attack modifier, so it doesn't work with double AAO mod.

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

sooo

what youre saying is that MA skill is more important in landing red dusk than AAO.

grr.. then I'm right back to square one in determining whether I should use syndicate head again.

Damage perks like bore and crave and feast aren't worth a turd in an ocean if I can't stop/slow down the healing process.

So, are you saying red dusk checks (MA skill) or (MA skill+AAO) ?

and how about MA attacks? do they also use AAO? they must, because when I land delerium: 300 aao/-500 aad on self I can land everything.

I wish I could use auno on this comp, at work my network administrator has me handcuffed... grr.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Nope, what I'm saying is that 100 MA has the same effect as 100 AAO if you want to land Red Dusk.

Red dusk checks MA+AAO, while Bore checks MA+AAO+AAO (because of Attack modifier 100%).

Delirium often lands because it checks DuckExp, instead of EvadeClose, and peoples tend to push Evade/Dodge wayyyy more than Duck.