Control Ocular vs EoE on Endgame Crat

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Mardonge
Big Leet

Control Ocular vs EoE on Endgame Crat

Post by Mardonge »

Posted this on alliance forums also.

I love fidling with engame twinking while at work, so I decided to see how high EoE I could possibly get on my crat at 220. With some crazy farm equipment including probably every twink item possible in the game and otherwise full QL300 symbiants, I end up at QL290 EoE.

Now, my question is...
VS
I'm thinking PvP here ofcourse, as a nanomage pistol/onehander crat, most likely wearing full CSS.

Any thoughts? Pros/Cons?

(I can post the setup for this if wanted, just need to put it into auno from my spreadsheet)
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Re: Control Ocular vs EoE on Endgame Crat

Post by Rulzern »

AFAIK you don't need it to cap recharge on onehander, you lose out on quite a bit of AR for your nanos, th crit% is supposedly irrelevant now due to all the crit resist people have, a QL300 imp with AS+pistol would give you 46 more AS in trade for 20 pistol on the EoE.

In short and IMHO, go for an imp if you need/want the AS, go for the symb if you need/want the nano skills, the EoE works better for more exotic setups.

EDIT: Oh right, pros/cons

Pros:
Epeen++
Adds to other weapon skills (if you use them)
Adds crit% for PvM

Cons:
Less nanoskills than symb
Less AS than imp
Doesn't add anything worthwhile to a dread/onehander setup
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Control Ocular vs EoE on Endgame Crat

Post by noobas »

I'd say not worth the trouble.

However, I'm considering the EXACT same thing. only for me it's a syndicate head symb, instead of a normal brain. (prob 290 support) That last 20 AR makes a big difference if you rely on your main weapon to do the majority of damage.

for an MA this is crucial: fist damage+perks landing is death or success.
For a crat... I kind of doubt it will have the same impact

I'd say more important is landing the stuns/procs, and trimming/buffing carlos into a killing machine.

I've never been killed by a crat. I've only been killed by his pets. AR on crat=meh. AR on carlos=scary.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln