Setup 210+

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Sookie
Big Leet

Setup 210+

Post by Sookie »

Ok.. my trader is finally creeping up to 210. I plan END game and saved all non-needed IP. My symbs lack and im shooting a slow mudurlugu. I figure once 210 (1.5 levels out) to farm Ofab. Is this the way to go? I dont mind doing work to get a nice set up, but in the mean time what is my best next steps? Armor/HUD/WEP..... hints ideas etc..

Thanks!
Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports. Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Yeah. Did you get that memo?
Yeah. I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Setup 210+

Post by noobas »

I'm convinced that endgame weps for traders are the LE shotguns. With fling and AS, you'll be in good shape for pvm and pvp.

Some ofab armour is good.

Obviously check to see what are the weak links.
Stats youre looking for are AAD, NR, AS

You're going to want to cap your AS recharge eventually, so keep that in mind, but, since youre grinding still to 220, youre going to want lots of hp, add damage, and good nano skills and nano pool.

Traders are great healers, but so few actually know it.

210 is a nightmare in BS. but it's not so bad if you can hack it out at the busy times. the problem is, usually: more 210-219 = less vp. more 220 = more vp. hence, with few players, you'll find it hard to grind vp.

Don't forget le mishs. if you need a MK6 (I think you do, but not sure) then start grinding le mishes early. get all your parts, and get some axp (AI 23 min)

IMO: wep and nanos first, then armour, then symbs (then armour again if you don't have full CSS/CS)
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Sookie
Big Leet

Post by Sookie »

AWSOME tips and TY Noobas. I plan on the MK6 as thought, i'll plan my AI farming about time i get 210
Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports. Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Yeah. Did you get that memo?
Yeah. I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

A couple more things: AI farming isn't really necessary yet, because:

1. Le mishes are cheaper.
2. you need types
3. you probably need APF's (from which you can get cru, AND money from bounties not to mention your nanos)
4. VP has no monetary connection
5. You're goign to want to get your OFAB first. ( unless you've got about 150m to start buying parts for AI armour)
6. You still need to grind SK.
7. there is risk associated with AI raids, each cru has some value, plue if you can't solo you are basically dependant on who you team. (Obviously as a trader, you will be less able to solo, since traders are teamers as much as docs are), the other thing with being 210, is that the aliens you get will be lower than for 220, and you will need highest level bots for your endgame setup, ie QL 240-300 for most of your armour setups (192-240 for secondary armour), which is possibly the best reason for holding it off.

As I said in the Freemans armour setup thread: there is LOADS of good-great free armour in game. Ofab has some great modifiers, so does DB. you can get DB boots (20 nanoskills 5% cost), DB gloves (35 nanoskills, 5% cost) DB spiritech chest: 35 nanoskills 5% cost I think ), Trader spec edition helmet, trader ofab backpiece, DB leggings (gay, but good for getting other stuff on), then youre only left with sleeves, which of course, if youre NM should be devalos.

So theres your armour set up, free, except for getting the VP and getting teams in DB. And of course, if you know what you need for makign devalos sleeves, I'll get you the parts for QL 300's. I'm sure I have them in my bank or whatever, or you can raid for those- and maybe find some other phatz along the way.

My point is though, that if you grind all the stuff you NEED, the free stuff, the LE mishes, the VP, the DB armour, youre looking at a very high quality setup. You'll be able to use all your end game nanos, you'll have a good weapon, you'll have great AC's, you'll have moderate AAD, and you'll have loads of alien levels. After that, you'll be in a better position to be raiding, IMO.

I didn't start raiding a lot until I was 220, it's easier to get teams, you know what you need, and you've got a decent armour set up. Also, before you start raiding, youre goign to want to figure out how to get your NR to about 2000 VERY MINIMUM. Hackers nuke now, for 4000-6500 depending on the level you get. (234, 245, 261) easy medium and hard obviously.

I got the majority of my Alien deaths trying to solo raids, with not enough NR. I use all NR items, Notum repulsor 1, HHAB, morphing memory, and anythign else I can equip without doign a perk reset. If you watch me raid, you'll notice that I can make it through nearly a whole groudn raid (except gen) without getting hit, which is due to obviously good evades, but more importantly super high NR. NR= Success. Twink your NR, for raiding success.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln