I'm not sure I wanna ask.

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

I'm not sure I wanna ask.

Post by cutiecub »

Hello,

Since I'm planning to get myself SL I would like to know how bad cutie her outfit is atm.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=48618

This is more or less her current equip, would need to check and update.
Have full QL200 imps but they will need to be replaced like everything else.

So any advice would be helpfull since I have no idea to start where with the gear.
Im not rich like all the rest of you so need to be cheap outfitting ;-).
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: I'm not sure I wanna ask.

Post by noobas »

Heya cutie

I got a bit of advice for ya.
It's the same advice I give everyone. And, I think it works pretty well for almost any situation (save doc, NT).

So, here it is.

1. start with weps
2. get your nanos
3. work on symbs/implants
4. get armour

If you start with your weps, there are many cheap, decent weapons, this will allow you to actually play the game. Participate in teams, and have some fun. Then, you might find that your role will expand, once you can do some nice team heals... hence the nanos.

Later, you will want to refine your skills, thus start doing some symbs. Then eventually, you can work on armour. (armour is often time consuming and a pain to get, thats why I say do it last)

Finally, the only thing I can add to these 4 things is to take an honest look at your equipment, and if you have a bit of cash, think about the ONE thing that will help you more than anythign else. then get that one thing. Then work on somethign else. Thats my advice.

Sorry if it's a little bit generic. good luck!
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

Th for the advice, will check what weaps I should go for then.
Have some IS weaps in some of the bags.
Also have like a bag or 2 full with nanos so that moneydrain is also covered for the biggest part.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

cool!

thats a good start.

Don't forget, as long as you can do damage, you can help in any team :D
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

Now i got sl but have no clue where to start, what i need next now, where to go, so kinda lost :-).

So I could use a bit of advice on where I should go, what i should get and do.
Sookie
Big Leet

Post by Sookie »

BUMP for Nooba and the help provided to all. BUMP for cutie and comming to SL soon! (i offer little advise cause I need it myself, i just wanted to throw some BUMPS out!)
Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports. Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Yeah. Did you get that memo?
Yeah. I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I can't see what level you are, but, I think that advies are pretty reasonably equipped with two crispy chirpteras.

I bought one recently for 4m. Thats cheap. But te more expensives ones are only 5m. Thats still cheap. An advy dueling chirops should have loads of damage on RK, thus being good for raids, a bit of help at tara, and good for most outside mobs in SL.

If you really want to grind, or kill specific mobs, then it takes a bit more planning. For example, axes work great vs hecks, because you can get some that have higher min dmg than the crispies. (100). But they are more expensive. If you have about 30m, you can buy an axe for 15m, equip it, then look for another one at a higher QL, then you can work into the higher one, and sell the old one for 15m.

Type 112's, type 240's are great for this, you make an initial investment of 15m on axes (20m on type 112) and you can just keep rotating them. They always sell for 15m/20m and they sell quickly. I buy usually 2 or 3 at a time so I can make the best use of them, staying right at the edge or able to equip... so right now I have two QL 170, 173 type 240's on, and I have a QL 184 type 240 for next level. one wrangle and it's on... so easy. ThenI'll sell my other 240's for 15m each, so no money is lost.

Lots of people say don't bother putting good equipment on if youre leveling, but, I don't really agree. I say: make an initial investment and recycle it. The only thing you can't really recycle, and will cost you a bit of cash, is making implants, but, even then, you can make a great set of implants for les than 1m usually.

The last thing. For people grinding levels in SL, especially, is: you can't evade hecks (90% of profs at 100% of the levels that you WANT to be killing the heck at)

So, don't bother trying to get crazy with evades. Better to go full agg, get great weapons, and decent heals and the BEST stims you can get. Get a keeper in team (use ward), get coon profs, and lots of DD.

That said, what do you intend on doing in SL?
shartris
Strong Leet

Post by shartris »

Hi Cutie Grats on getting SL

As far as Advy's go i would recommend getting on a pair of ql105 Crispy Chiroptras from COH like Noobas pointed out. I wish could recommend Ai axes for you but since you will not have the Alien Invasion pack you will not be able to equip them. A Type 240 and a non type axe is uber on advy. The same goes with armor. Without the Le Expansion pack you will not be able to do Battle station to collect VP and buy Ofab armor. Now thats okay, The SL expansion in itself is really nice to have, and there is plenty to do in SL. One of the first things i guess i would do is get my self a Cloak of the reanimated Gladiator: here is a link to the guide: http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... k=0&id=382 You will need help killiing the prisoners, which i can do for you on Shar sometime. Next I would visit this site: http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... dge&link=2 use this site to help you get your clan garden keys starting with the Aban garden key quest and working up to the Adonis key. Getting these keys helps tremendously by allowing you to move freely through SL and save in the gardens. There are many missions and things to do in SL, and the AO universe site is the guide to all of them. i use this site religiously for looking up stuff and it will help you out alot. As far as other armor goes, apart from the ofab from the LE expansion pack, and the combined mercenary's from the Alien Invasion expansion pack, I really am at a loss as to adive i can give on armor except: 2 things i believe you should get: Cloak of the wondering knight (cotwk) and advy hood from TARA. Now these items can be purchased but you r going to pay heavily for the cotwk, around 300-400mil. I camped tara for 3 years off and on and finally got one myself. However you can camp it steadily and within a few months you should have it, i would say around 230ish in points. The hood is much easier to get, in fact i might have an extra one taht you can have, that is if you do not have on already. There is also other cool stuff to farm and make like the Modified notucomm Mesh trench coat, Arul Saba Bracelets, alappa shoulder pads, Crepuscule Leather Armor, all kinds of stuff. Also of course you can get Tier armor which has 3 upgrades for most of the pieces.

The main thing is have fun with SL. If you can first concentrate on getting your garden keys aban, ely, schoel, and adonis, that is a nice start. Then go back and do the Sanctuary keys for Ely, Schoel, and adonis. these are nice to have because they can take you to different places with short cuts and you will get more familiar with SL when you do these quests. Also, once you have a key a particular garden, you can shop for nanos. Every garden with the exception of the Aban one contains a redeemed NPC in wihich you can buy nanos from all the way up to the pande garden.

Well Cutie i hope i have given you a start. Have fun with SL. I dont know if you remember Transmad, the engineer from Komodites, but he is the one who showed me around in SL. Yukiceler is back also (the fixer that always ts'd stuff for us) so give him a shout as well. He ileft Komodo (big surprise) and is in Ascension now with Shivandragon, dont know if u remember her or not.

so have fun, Any questions dont hesitate to ask dear, glad to see you back!! :mrgreen:
Shartris 220/30/70 Squad Commander
Alts: Lendahand / Dedicated / Insured / Hammured / Metashar
AP officer PVM / RAIDS / HR
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Thats some great advice shart

keys are a really good place to start. One thing nice about advies (or a pain, which ever way you look at it) is that you really don't need to collect the specs until 200+, (which means you can collect them in inf missions.) In other words, if you see em, grab em, but don't bother camping them.

specs are these wierd things that let you use SL nanos, but sl nanos are useless for advies until you get to the 200+ SL heals. (which are level locked)
they are.. for reference:
the mariners father
the girl who saw it all
meh, and I forget the other two.

Definitly coming on the ado syndicate head symb quest will be really good for you. You'll see lots of ado, and get familiarized with the landscape a bit, and the different mob types.
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

Thanks for the superb advice.

a small update.
I have now thx to Rulz the aban and ely keys. So thanks very much for that Rulz.
Have the rings to get to shoel but was lacking schadow fact.

This morning logged and Soldiereuh, lol forgot name, Unk says maybe more helped me to get like 15k shadow faction in 30 mins.

So I should be able to get to Shoel now.

Btw Thanks all so very very much for all advice, the big welcome after being so long offline, the help with the keys and sl part.

And its indeed time to read up some guides to get myself an better idea about sl.
Sookie
Big Leet

Post by Sookie »

http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?sit ... dge&link=2

there ya go! ;) see ya in ADO as Nooba has got me working on my gimp keeper ;)
Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports. Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Yeah. Did you get that memo?
Yeah. I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

Ah thats why you wanna team.

Your gimp keeper will shine next to my RK (not sl ready) outfit :D.

I have no issues with that so happy for you :lol:
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Cutie and unk, I'm really stoked to be working on toons with you guys all at the same time.

It'll mean that there are really good teaming opportunities, and it'll also mean that with a bit of practice, we'll all have a really solid foundation for doign stuff inthe game.. it makes me really happy. I'll be online tonight, and I'll try to get a couple dings, because I'm only 140ish, whereas you guys are 150ish, np, tho, if that doesn't happen.

If we can get cutie to ado, that''ll be a big hurdle overcome.
The next thing is for cutie to do her ado key, which isn't a big deal, but it would make doign the head symb quest a little easier. (it may not matter), but cutie def needs to do it before we do the ado sanct key.

cutie def needs to come on the sanct key quest, because getting sanct keys is kinda exciting
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

hmm, I'm starting to wonder if I should pitch in on this "team" with trader.
He's 172 atm, halfway on brain quest (at Amok Baraton), got all key's he'll eve need already, just need leveling/research/axp... tradeskill ho in progress :p
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I welcome your participation mate ^^