Adventurer Build

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Adventurer Build

Post by noobas »

I had a brief discussion yesterday, and it's come to my attention that advies pwn all.

So, I've decided to build a TL7 endgame advy. I dun it once with a MA, I can do it again.

I'll be starting him soon, however, there are a few things which need to be sorted out, so I'm asking for input.

Breed: So far soli seems to be the best bet, with trox as a reasonable alternative, but since I'm not too worried about ganking.. (I have an MA for that) I dont need MR. Soli has decent end game options, but is a little bit boring. NP though.. boring = wear your enemies down.

While this isn't a huge concern, I'm wondering whether 1he or pistol is the besst option for endgame.

I'm thinking pistol, for CSS and all the AR addons with albatraum. plus pistol is better for kiting mobs and stuff.

anyone have any comments?

Lastly, I'm not really interested in playing through, so I'll just be doing a lot of grinding, with tokens, aliens near the end I think.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Forcenum
Big Leet

Re: Adventurer Build

Post by Forcenum »

as fas as i know, atrox 1he adv is the best option, both for pvp and for pvm. its not ranged, but the damage is said to be alot better with 1he than with guns.

why atrox, i really dont know tbh, but thats what "everybody" says.
Forcenum - 220/25/63 Enfo - Retired
Anumirath - 200/25/54 Meta - One man Army
Saidin - 205/19/55 Keeper - DD in the making
Frontforce - 150/13/30 Soldier - Sector 10 bountyhunter
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

well atrox is good for wit of atrox... and for MR and for hp

atrox also uses silken legchoppers for intermediate levels, but harder to get into symbs.

soli get tacky hack which you don't really need on advy and probaby would use soli genome endgame for good hot to supplement heals

as for 1he I can see that dmg is better, however, add dmg items for advy is what makes the setup decent... so you need for 1he or pistol. I think you can cap FA on pistol advy and hit 15k every time, with full set of css/cc. can't use backstab though, and no SA.

The problem particular to ranged advy is that 1. you got no easy AS setup. 2. You don't have good damage if you are using craphander with AS.

As such, pistol advy is lame against evades profs.... but wait. not so fast.

I have dueled many advies, and tbh ranged is tougher... why? dunno but since all attacks do min dmg, there seems to be more attacks with ranged, thus leading to more dmg over time.

1. Ranged: 2x normal attacks, 1 fling, 1 burst, 1 FA, hotswap AS. thats 6 attacks

2. Melee: 2x normal attacks, SA, FA, brawl thats 5 attacks,

but brawl doesn't land; and SA usually caps. so that makes up for the 1 extra atack, BUT, AS is 11-15 seconds, SA is 25 seconds.

So, who can do more damage quicker? Well, prob need to test it out.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

hit 15k every time
Nope, the JEPP has 10 bullets in it's clip, you need 27k damage to do a 15k FA.
1. Ranged: 2x normal attacks, 1 fling, 1 burst, 1 FA, hotswap AS. thats 6 attacks

2. Melee: 2x normal attacks, SA, FA, brawl thats 5 attacks,
The AR for specials is (Weapon skill+specials skill)/2 + AAO, your AR will be horrible with FA and burst, and brawl may not land, but you've got the chance to stun even when it misses. If you're planning to hotswap AS, you won't have 2 normal attacks, you'll be single-wielding. If you didn't mean that, you've got to deal with the "uberness" that is the onehander.

Meh, give it a shot, but don't say I didn't warn you! ;p
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

noobas wrote: but harder to get into symbs.
Can't say I totally agree on this for atrox. Infantry symbs are Str/Stam based, so you'll only need to really twink 1 ability a time for these. The support symbs for head/eye/ear is another thing though. Not sure how easy they are for QL300s at 220.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

220 atrox melee advy ftw.

Solitus = less hp (and you need hp).
Solitus = no Wit, no MR

Also keep in mind that if you get more hp from breed, you can lose more hp from gear (and thus get more AR items).

Ranged, SUCKS.

It's plain silly. Soulhuntress tried them both. First she was melee, and in a fit over the "out of range!" spam she swapped back to ranged. But. She can't kill a fly now. Really, before we could go toe to toe and have nice, damn close fights. But now? She doesn't even get me under 60% hp.

Conclusion - ranged alpha sucks bad. Only reason ranged adv would hurt more against MA than melee adv, is that they use AS and that AS ignores evades every 11s. And they can't perk the MA anyway.

Now Atrox shouldn't have that problem as a melee (MR pewpewpew), and even if they do you can get an Arbalest and pewpew AS the MA to death.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Rodog born on sunday night.

Trox melee advy to start, with a high probability of staying melee thru to TL 7.

wtb scim of spetz
imamedic
Strong Leet

Post by imamedic »

noobas wrote: wtb scim of spetz
I'd give you mine,but FC *lost it* :shock: .
NP though.. boring = wear your enemies down.
As trox wearing people down is not boring :D .
I think you can cap FA on pistol advy and hit 15k every time, with full set of css/cc.
I bet you cant [-X .
plus pistol is better for kiting mobs and stuff.
Real advies dont kite :roll: .
you got no easy AS setup.
Wait till TL5 you'll see why this made me laugh :).
Trox melee advy to start, with a high probability of staying melee thru to TL 7.
You gonna have so much fun :twisted: :twisted:
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

woohoo!
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

level 21 (75 imps) atm grinding to 35ish tonight at crip cave.

with that skill increase of 50ish points, I will put on a kyr axe untyped, increasing min dmg, (103 mm) and pair with QL 64 sol executioner (both fire dmg)

maxing bio met for rechondite flames (23 dmg)
looking for lowie elemental dmg rings. (5-8 dmg)
will try to stick on gauntlets from totw adding 9 dmg.
need barrow strength still (15 dmg?)
dog adds a few dmg (23?)
need lowbie ql fire arul saba... might have somewhere actually... (11dmg)
may stick in touch of gripper if no better wep available (15dmg)
--> need to build a piece of strong armour-- have bots need build.

that should put me in a decent position for DD on nasc hecks. then probly just need a team to crank some damage and grind to 45-50

at 45-50 have 4 pieces strong armour to stick on, retwink and get some basic buffs, (1he, mm, dog, maybe first aid buff)

****Will need to go back to totw and get barrow strength***

Anyone have any other ideas for add fire damage?
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Does anyone have any toons that need leveling?

Since I'm going to be leveling through most level ranges, I'd love to team, cuz kills are much quicker, and company= good, AP company= gooder.

usually I retwink every 10 levels or so, so I'm well equipped for every area I'm doing.
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

noobas wrote:Does anyone have any toons that need leveling?
I have a few characters in the pre-100 range I'd like to level some at least.

Lichy 38 Shade
Gammalost 50 Doc
Eldanjen 52 Engi
Agtsnipes 54 Agent
Muppy 75 MP

Not sure which one I'd like to level first though... Leaning towards engi for now.
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

Btw iff you need anything from totw i have some toons in there, my adv ikona should get alot out of there. But when engie is buffed up we can handle everything in there with a finger in the nose.

btw at hackers in rk you can level realy fast with some help, lvled ikona 4-5 levels in 30 mins (56-60), get an enfo 200+ mongo the place and just kill em one by one.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Yell at me when you come in L65ish range I've got an engi there, also got an 80ish agent in dire need of research, xp, and axp.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Level 60 now,

dinged 39 times last night... Putting on some 93 and 97 typed axes because I'm going to start killing hecks and tiigs in ely...

I'll be back saturday, and mard, if youd like to level with me send a pm in game (rodog) similar for the rest of you.

Friday night I'll be on, equipping, doing a couple transfers, (sliken legchoppers, another xp ring), then do a twink comp lit twink, and put the gloves on, (maybe a 6 slot belt if I can find one fast), then head to totw.

I'm going to grab a barrow strength, the absorb thing, blind ring, and an exarch cloak, then get going to nasc hecks for about 10 dings, then straight to ely for tiigs. gunna do quick swap on wep for tiigs, and go with a 100 chirop and a 97 kyr axe, cuz tiigs have less AC's than hecks.

look for me saturday!

And, if anyon has a OST and wants toput a toon on follow I'll kill everything solo if I have to.