close to end game helps

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Re: close to end game helps

Post by Elrojo »

thanks Alpha, funny how the "budget" outfit is still like 2 bil worth of gear!! I'll have to dip into my swiss bank accounts!!

FS= For Sale. the one time i decide to get all lazy and abbreviate and you cant work it out :P

I was thinking ofab but i just hate how the system lets the rich get richer. In other words the pure PvP ppl already have enough VP to buy ofab 10 times over but cos they like PvP and have the best equip they stay there and pwn the nubs who need the VP in order to get more nano's, armour etc. Thus preventing more nubs from doing BS to get VP. there should be a middle ground between collecting samples in mish and doing BS that allows faster VP generation without needing to get mashed by end game pro's. The best thing i can do at PvP is wear some pillows so the omni's dont hurt their hands when beating me senseless.

I'll post my current set up when i'm at home and can log on and see!
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Hai rojo!

I was thinking about something.

I realized in your post earlier you were talking about getin pwned by omni's in BS. Advy got some great things to use to not get pwned.

A couple things tho, there will always be someone who can wtfpwn you so fast it'll make your head spin. But, if you do a decent defensive setup (very easy to do on advy) you won't have to worry about getting worked over. Basically, the reason you want a defensive setup is that you can cap a point, kite 4 toons, and still escape to go cap another point (in BS ofc).

so, we talked about coon and BioR and dof and limber. Well, there are a couple other perk lines which will help you too. First is The Call. Adding a fair bit of evades. the second is spatial displacement. You only need 3 perks in SD to be effective, it'll just give you a couple removals so if you DO get rooted or snared, you can use your removal and keep running.

One of the adventurers GREATEST defences is his runspeed. If you can survive long enough to get out of range, chances are you'll be able to escape completely and reheal. Even on my perk reset TL5 advy, I can outrun almost every other toon except fixer, but they kill themselves on your damage shield, so I don't worry about them.

If you want to WIN at BS, you don't need to win individual fights. You can resign yourself to capping points. Winning battles often means losing the war. Ifyou spend too much time fightign individuals, chances are the clan side may not have enough points to win the round. Advies are THE BEST prof for capping. Use your defences in evades and absorbs to your advantage and cap the points. The last thing is always go wolf, and get your nano from APF called mother wolf. 201 evades, always use it. (if you don't have it, use leader of the pack, for 176 evades)
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Elrojo wrote:thanks Alpha, funny how the "budget" outfit is still like 2 bil worth of gear!! I'll have to dip into my swiss bank accounts!!
Hmmmm, would I have experienced this first hand?! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Alpha is swiss?

Thanks noobas, I have started to train the call but my lack of AI lvls (10) means its hard to really train anything worth a damn. Have got perks in spatial displacement and in the evade lines. Not sure about the add dmg line like Ferocity of nature i think its called. All up it adds about 55 (10+15+30) to dmg if all perked. ATM i'm only 4 normal perks from the end with Edged, Acrobat, Bioshielding, Spatial Disp MAXED and then a few in DNA (from PR still resetting). I'll confirm that tonight i guess. Dont have the APF nano but do run leader of the pack. ALso run stare, KOTE, Knowledge of inf, multi-wielding buffs (for evades). I have the DB ncu for evades also. THats about it. Main prob is the AR at about 2k (dont laugh). But as you say if i pop DOF and Limber on and off with cocoon, BR and MOTR with HHAB on i should be able to stay alive for a bit. Unless Alpha alphas me from behind (sneaky agent). I also only have about 12k HP (self), no real +Hp items except research device a few bits of CM and a gimpy merit board (the one that you get with about 600 tokens)

I guess i'll have to suck it up and get some LE mish done for AI dings and start dueling some AP's (hopefully while they are afk :P) for practice. And jump right on at BS!
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

replying to my own uncertainess

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=109490 is my current EXACT set up (5 perks to put into SD rather than DNA, but inevitable). Obviously wrist items SUCK with a capital GIMP.

Arul might be an option until i can get the DB and alb for add dmg.

Symbs are lower than i thought :/

hp is 11242, AR a measly 2106. AAD And AAO suxxxxor big time

HUD2 reserved for dreadlock which i cant seem to get on.

Right shoulder gimp and back not great

ugh
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

advy get AR thru: IP, symb, QL 300 Combined Commandos.

everything less makes up such a small percentage of the total it's not worth mentioning.

advies are about defence, not offence, so ya, your 2k AR sucks, but don't worry, almost all advy AR suck.

If you want AR, level to 220, perk CoLi, edged, put in intel symbs, and get CC.

If you want to stay alive, horse around at BS, and have fun, do whatever youre doing :)
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Ok progress notes. Updated (or will do in the next few hours) perk lines, apparently FoN and outdoorsman is good to train (add dmg and some 1he plus resist snare and roots). So will max them out and put the rest into SD. Got the 300 CM chest in then accidently unequipped it and then got it back in. Also got the last 300 Axe in too so weaps are ok until ofab (YAY one thing not all that geemp).

At 217 now and about 5 hards or 8ish easies away from 218.

Need to get a few better symbs soon as the lack of nano skillz is killing my BoL chances and my next step calias figure/morph or what ever the 215 wolf is, need to ge the insta wolf heal if thats worth getting? As you can see from my set up thats probably the worst part (other than tier) about my advy thus far (cept for the wrists).

Need to start getting parts together for Alb and DB bracer, guess i need to do DB quest for the later first. But if ppls are going to albs i really need all those parts. In the mean time i've been looking on GMS for add dmg fire dmg aruls 215 lvl req ones would be great if anyone has one or two for sale or to lend until i get DB and Alb ones.

And then last but not least is that precious VP for ofab and nano's ugh.

Oh ya and if anyone has a spare SSoS laying around i'll take it off your hands!
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

hi guys,

Well i finally hit the big 220! still have most of 9 and all of 10's to go but its a start! Also only AI10 so plenty of aliumz to do. I kinda asked online but wanted to check, my symbs are bad, like ql190-210ish so wondering if its worth the money and time to buy and do a mini reperk to get like 250-270's in and then just wait out the 300's or just wait out the 300's and not worry about upgrading in the mean time?

My stats with comp atts and Ibehe are about 1010, but no eggs or armour etc. Treatment should be the easy part its 1500ish without medsuit, perks or treat items. So ql250-270 should be doable with a bit o perking?

Also since i'm 220 now and oh so uber (ha!) i'm in for albs, alppaa, DB, etc. So if i'm on plz team me!!
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Grats elrojo!!! :D

Lasarina
Big Leet

Post by Lasarina »

Woot! Missed that when I was logged on earlier! Grz a bunch Elrojo. :D
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

ty ty.

It feels good to have finally achived something! I could not have done it without the help of many of the AP and alliance members. You guys have given me tonnes of guidance, teams, help and some items to help me on my journey to 220. A few of the older aps like Hund, Shar, noobas, kitty/army, Svan, Rulzie, Super, LK, lup and that boss guy i foget his name to make mention of a few. But every AP has been friendly, helpful and a pleasure to log on to talk to.

So my GF doesnt like AP even more now cos i trid BS and it was kinda fun so now i'm gonna grind the ofab sleeves (need like 3k more for 1 sleeve), nanos and then the types for sleeves. Oh ya and the stupid 1he thingos too. So lup make sure you play wen i play so we can win and i get more points!!

Also LK can come too. And noobas.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

I'm bored at work and i have won solitaire like 100 times (i'm uber) and got the high scores in minesweeper (easy lvl in 9 secs and medium in 76 secs). SO i'll just update ppl with my advy progress. The 4 week plan

1) finish my RL homework while at work (non-ao related :/)

2) Do at least 5 BS per day on avg of 700 points per round (as if) so i get 3500/day so in about 10 days i can have both Mongoose)

2.5) look on GMS for ql 250-270ish symbs and get my set

3) when BS is slow blitz LE mish for types (if someone can explain what i can and cant do in terms of lowbie rolling and then blitzing)

3.5) try to twink on symbs (should be kinda easy a my lvl cept for eye & head i might need helpz on)

4) Keep looking at raid forum for Inf Key and DB quest updates (really need both now)

5) when Ofab is on, typed and weaps are on and typed i will go back to Inf for research (Can be persuaded by Kitty to roll if lucky)

6) gank rulzie
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Don't really need two mongooses, just one will do, get the other VP items sorted first.

Check your BS foh noobs thread for the deeper reasoning. :)

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

good for you for making a list!

Lists really help getting where you want to go.

Heres my list:

1. do at least mish per day on noobasknight (need 250 more for 1000 board)

2. do one raid every couple days on soldiermate (for money, bots, axp)

3. do one inf mishion per day on rodog (level to 210)
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

stop teh hijacking noobas!

So i still havent done job number 1. Procrastination ftw.

I am closer to getting my OFAB chest, then i think i will break from PvP for a bit and try to get the research done for elrojo (only 7 lines to go). So thats enough to be roller for Kitty to get to 220.

Will pick up some ql 250-20 symbs and when i get the base research boosts i'll try a mini PR to get them in. (no idea how i will get some in for some of the symbs).

Hopefully can set a time up to get some org mates to lend me buffing equip and buffs for the symbs.

I am going to do more blitzing cos i neeeeeeed the types so if anyone find any 295 an 18 pst.

Mongoose can wait for a bit cos i'm sick of BS lol.

Inf key is still on the wait and hopefully can be done soon so i can roll without having to farm insigs or /terminate.

DB is still in the works, just waiting on the green light fom Chris.

Alb farming (read your alb post btw) is still on the cards, as is AP city raids. Will try to get APF sector camps for my nano's and paragon board and other phatz, then farm token guns for my 2500 tokens (about 106 bags to go)