close to end game helps

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Elrojo
BacoTroll

close to end game helps

Post by Elrojo »

Heyas guys,

Have a few questions for you all if you dont mind. Mostly Elrojo toon specific and some general.

Firstly i hate j00 all for making it look so easy :shock:

1) i finally got myself to 215 with a ql300 typed axe and a 273 untyped (can work on that soon) Axes are easy to equip so i can find another ql300 one without much trouble then i guess i go LE road with mongoose and type them?

2) my symb situation is mostly ql210-230ish, so wondering what ql i should be looking at without a huuuuge twink/PR/rare item cost? I have a medsuit and all my armour is EASILY self equipable so hot swaps are fine. I dont (think) have a ql200 treatment lab nor do i have any treatment pistols etc. I'm pretty sure i have an LE treatment thingo (200VP one).

3) is there a formula or some sort of value you can fairly easily buff treatment with (using gettable items and Nanos)? i.e. 300 points or something?

4) My armour situation is really bad. I have a few pieces (head, arm, boots) of Ql200ish CM. I have a carpace thingo chest and tier 1 (omg yes) in arm and legs. I have sold a few things in shop and saved my little creds so i can prob get 1-2 piece of CM. Is chest and leg goint to be best option? (chest cos no need to hotswap pen glasses or inf boots so no need for retwink everytime and cos OFAB is better for arms?)

5) how do you guys know what to use, where to find etc? do you just go to auno.org and search for buffing items? is there any well layed out guides for step-by-steps? That would go for lowbie twinking as well

6) any decent HUD/Wrist/util items out there that are kinda decent and not too rare or that require camping too much?

Since i started i've kinda been under the wing of an org mate in one way or the other so i kinda dont learn as much as if i have to do it myself. give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, teach im to fish and at least i'll know why hund is taking so long with my full CM set!

thanks in advance
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Re: close to end game helps

Post by Elrojo »

ok so i did some research cos work is soooooo boring and no one is coming in to entertain me.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=119788 is the setup i have chosen.

Few queries, how hard would it be to get ql shanks close to 200? if impossible then maybe i would just use concrete cushions. Also can you have a health device lvl 2 while you have a lvl 3? Cos the stam, str benefits are gone once you crack it over to lvl 3 (how stupid)! Also anyone got ideas on availability of bracer? And finally would anyone have any of those items i could use to buff?

I have then str 99 and stam 117. Add in iBehe thats 54 more each and comp atts would make it str 165 abd stam 183 (if i could get exact ql of those items). Cant remember off top of my head but i think i'm lowish 800's for base stats. giving me close to 1000 in each. have about 1400ish in treatment atm without running any buffs. So for symbs looks like rate limiting step will be base abilities! I guess i could annoy myself and re-perk DNA etc to get extra base abilities and treatment perks also.

EDIT: didnt worry about imps since the symbs i have in buff base stats more than imps the comparable level i'm sure
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Hey buddy..

First of all, what do you want to do with your advy?

1) PvM damage dealing
2) PvM survival (tanking or soloing)
3) PvP attack rating (so you kill easier, but die faster)
4) PvP defense (so you kill harder, but are very hard to kill)

After you've answered that we can help you further. :)

Besides, that auno setup you've posted...

a) Miy, Shanks, and the Rings, do not come in QL300..
b) Dillon armor (minus the boots) is not ingame.. Nova Dillon however is ingame..
c) Miy cloaks are not ingame..
d) At your level, you can use a Level Three Medical thing..

----------------

About how I make those setups. First I decide what I want to focus on, what goals I want to reach. Then I open AOskills2, and auno. Using these two tools, I start roaming the DB of auno for items I want. Because I know alot of items that are 'best' for what I want already, I don't have to look it up for every item, but you can just do that too. After I've finished the setup, I enter it in AOskills2 and look how it worked out. IE: does it enable me to cast nano X, does it have enough hp to survive alpha Y, does it have enough evades to stop twink Z from perking me? Does it have enough nano and nanocost, so that I can (chain) cast nano Q for a long enough time, or perhaps never run out of nano at all?

Etc. :) Just mess around with auno after a while you'll get better at it and it'll be much easier.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

ok, well i like PvM and want to be pretty useful in things like alb and beast (is that only pvm?). Havent tried PvP other than at tara and i felt completely lost so not sure how much i really want to PvP. the tough thing seems to be that i have to PvP at BS while i'm nice and alpha-able for omners until i save up enough VP to not be so squishy. Pretty sure i want the last option where i kill hard and never die.

Rulzie so kindly pointed out the flaws in my uber auno set up. about 2 hrs work in the drain. Hund though, helped me (so did rulzie) twink on ine CM 300 in legs. Now looking at symb set up.

Most of my symbs are around the ql210-230 mark i think. Enduring, growing, persisting and living. Maybe i can get up to about ql270? i have 1416 treat without that research device in, the extra 100 from lab, 80 from sfa and med suit (minus legs as dont wanna have to re-twink CM again lol). so thats 1416+100+100+64(according to koss ingame) = 1680. Treatment lab = 1698. Can i hope for much more than that?
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

There is always perk resets. If you really tried hard, and I mean really hard, you could probably get on some 270s, 250s at least. That means a LOT of perk resets, item farming, auno calculating. But you should ask yourself is it really worth that if you can gain a few levels "easily" whereafter you do it all over? :)

Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

Elrojo wrote:Can i hope for much more than that?
Don't forget TT(Treatment Transfer) from doc, adds another 60 treatment.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

When i leveled first to 220 (and only time so far) on MA, I stopped at several points to readjust my setup, I remember no being able to get on QL 210 symbs (154 min level) at 160.

That made me mad. I tried again at 190, and succeded. Of course, I had very few, but I think i used a Ql 120 Right arm symb until 190 as well.

But, I too, retwinked (attempted) at 210. I figured that at 210 I'd be able to do some BS, and get some ofab parts.

Holy crap, BS is So scary at 210. I'd never done it before, but I quickly realized, that I needed more levels, and bad.

Generally speaking, If you are short on cash, here is the best option: team.

Now, if you have a bit of creds, or a couple pieces of decent armour, this is what I would do:
At 215,

1. get an evade hud (200 vp)
2. go full def (0 cred)
3. IP melee init (0 cred)
4. learn to cycle limber, dof, and how to use coccoon to your advantage (a few days of practice)
5. IP runspeed (0 cred)
6. Do a few inf missions, and pick up mystical force tight armour (or whatever it's called.) equip it in whatever spots you have T1. (keep your 200ish CM, and 300 CM obviously)

IMO

That setup wil put you in the tougher to kill category.
Basically, if you do that, youre going to have a much easier time in BS. This will allow you to more easily get vp, which will start opening doors to slightly better armour, and put you in a better position for doign other instances.

If you have 300 axes on, youre doing fine for damage. just keep an eye out for things that add dmg, and evades, or hp, and snag it. compare while you do inf mishes. Figure out what setup style you like for pvm. Enjoy the game....

Don't just grind this, grind that, farm this, farm that. Whats the point of playing a game if it's more work than going to the officE?
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

thanks for advice. Forgot TT so ad 60 i guess.

I'm just resetting perks now at a good old leisurely pace into DNA and first aid. Can also train shadow stalker and mountaineer for str/agi/stam boost.
Looks like treatment will be the easy part. Will be able to get to the 1700's easily with the buffs, perks, med suit, imp lab stim and maybe borrowing a TL ql200ish.
Str and stam should be ok to get to 1000's for ql250's in the str/stam/ag based symbs but sense based will be hard. maaaaaaaay be able to get 1163 for str and stam but agil is probably not doable for ql270. and def not in sense based symbs. NOTE DO NOT HIS ESCAPE OR WHOLE PARAGRAPHS DISAPPEAR!!!

for wrists not sure really, can go arul for +dmg but everyone goes DB and Alb eventually and cost to buy vs sell back value is low. especially since i'm not going to be all that far from getting them anyway. I have sandy goo for evades but not sure how that stacks up against other wrist items?

For armour i could get another CM (chest pref) since sleeves will go ofab and all other items are CM already (just not 300 :( ). Cant find a chest for sale atm. Might have to kill hund and loot him!!

Anyone wanna help me out (after PR done etc) and train me in PvP? maybe a highbie academy?
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I've not pvp'd with advy, but I can tell you a couple things for pvp.

1. learn to cycle limber and dof.
2. equip a evades hud
3. cycle dof and limber
4. get a 13% reflect graft.
5. try to max your AR (but not against MA's and fixers) (just spam SA, FA, brawl)
6. cycle dof and limber
7. Max coon. (3% reflects in last 2 perks)
8. cycle dof and limber
9. hmm, I guess you should also cycle dof and limber.
10. Get your nanos from APF if you can
11. fight at full defence.
12. If you've got extra IP, advies are reliant on nano healing, so increase your nano init so that if (read: WHEN) you get UBT'd by agent and doc you can still cast your best heal in under a second... UBT is about 900 -init, so 200 init/ second decrease, so 1500 nano init will knock a 4 second heal down to 1 second.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

As for practicing pvp... I've got some good news bad news.

When i practiced pvping (on noobastank) I practiced vs the toughest chars i could find, I look for people who have a winning dueling record, and I ask them to fight.

Do i win? HAHAHAHAH no.

Well, lets put it this way: I didn't win, not for a long time. I think at one point I was 0-26 or something. Did it suck.. holy shit yes, it was embarassing. But, I learned a lot, in fact, I learned about a lot of different professions, which honestly, is the only way to pvp. You have to learn, learn profs, learn skills, learn checks, learn absorbs, learn reflects, learn evades, learn AR.

lets say you play AO, and you do every single quest in the game but you don't pvp. Well AO is a big game, so, say finally when you have finished all that, then you want to try pvping, well, out of EVERYTHING you have learned maybe only 10% of it applies. So, get ready to have your ass handed to you. HARD, BROKEN, and possibly humiliated.

However, in my experience, (lots of mass pvp, a few tower wars and over 500 duels) I can boil things down a bit. There are a few things that are more important in pvp than anything else, and they are:

1. AS, SA, dimache ALWAYS hit. (and you want to cap the damage)
2. high evades, high NR = live longer
3. living longer means hitting your opponent with more AS, SA (dimache)
4. Learn when to utilize your "last stand" defences, and run. (ie. coon)

Profession specific tips:

Think about cycling, advy has 5 major defences in addition to normal heals and stims.
1. limber (40 seconds, 65 second recharge)
2. dance of fools (40 seconds, 65 second recharge)
3. coccoon (25? seconds, 2 minute? recharge)
4. bio regrowth (30 seconds? duno on recharge)
5. phoenix (13 sec cast time, 13 sec recharge)

How to cycle these? Well, first what you want is to maximize your evades at all times, without ever having a low spot, secondly, you're more likely to get hit with melee attacks during *lower* evade times, so you don't want to be casting phoenix during limber.
You want to minimize the chance of phoenix interuptions (so best to cast during coon, when melee attacks cant' interupt the cast, and second best to cast during dof)

Bio R is a long hot, but takes a while to perk... so, when to perk? the time to perk it is NOT when youre at 10% hp. The time to perk it is when you still have lots of hp, but probably at the start of an alpha. (for instance, during an MA or soldier alpha, you really want to be able to heal, but you won't be able to (during MA specifically because of many melee attacks which interupt healing), so better to perk bio R and let it do the healing for you.)

Another good option for Bio R is to perk WHEN you get UBT'd, or red dusk (by MA) why? good luck getting a phoenix off during -1500 nano init. spend that time using perks to recover, keep hp up.

Ok, so, we've covered dof, limber (use always, cycling)
coon: use when you want to cast phoenix. 25 seconds: how to use it: 13second cast time, 13 second recharge... hence, by the time you've casted phoenix, and recovered, youre probably near full hp and ready to use normal heals again. you shouldn't need to cast phoenix more than once every two minutes in a 1-1 duel anyway... if you do, you'll run out of nano right quick. And use BioR when you've been ubt'd or redusk'ed, but use it before youre at 10% hp, because you'll be dead before the perk is activated.

if you use these defensive techniques and spam SA,FA,brawl I guarantee you will beat the majority of professions you duel, who are a comparable level and have comparable equipment.

Some offensive techniques:
don't attack soldier until AMS rusn out (or is about to run out) 1:40 seconds.
kill a trader before he lands divest skills on you.
kill an NT while he is in recharge on his tripple (if he's a nab)
kill an MA by outlasting his attacks
kill an advy by not running out of nano
kill a doc by letting someone come help you (good luck in a duel) -or superb timing
kill a fixer by SA
kill a enforcer by survivign longer than he does (you'll need to hit him with every dmg perk, every debuff, every attack and keep your hp up, can be a long fight so don't run out of nano)
kill a keeper .. ya right, just have to do more damage than he can heal (he never runs out of nano, all heals are perks or auras) lots of SA's, lots of offence
kill a shade by spamming specials, SA, FA, brawl, cycling dof, limber, if he has MR, keep an eye out for it and you'll need to be running coon or BioR or both to survive it.
Killing an MP is tricky, strategy always depends on his setup. They are very adaptable, so you may need to kill their pet before you kill them, or you might have to kill their heal pet (or you just can't kill them)... for example, an MP with two shields equipped has so much reflects and defence that you CANNOT kill them unless you kill their heal pet. If they have a tiger equipped, you have to lay into them hard with heavy offence, and kil them before they kill you.
Crats are tricky also. crat with ES (1:40) up (1000AAD) is a tough kill, so you'll want to maximize your defenses while they have ES running, as soon as it's down, you'll have a chance to kill them(use free movements to get a heal off the SECOND a mezz stops) becuase you'll probably get mezzed again.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Sure I can help you learn to pvp a bit, will probably have to tone down my evades first because I likely have a wee bit more def than your AR. :)

Anyway.

As for the defenses, dof/limber cycling is very important indeed. TL7 advies NEVER cast Phoenix (the CH). It's too slow. Only good for TL5 imo.

Always make sure you have EITHER dof OR limber up. The usual "theoretical" best def perkcycling is this:

1) Start with DOF, 40s duration.
2) Start Limber when DOF is about to run out, 40s duration. Usually one fires up EITHER BR OR cocoon when DOF runs out because you take more regular hits and are more susceptible to an alpha.
3) By now DOF should be back.
4) Limber, likely have to combine with Cocoon OR BR.
5) Start from 1 again, coon or BR should be up again by the time your dof goes down.

But in practice, you save cocoon for someone's alpha. Have Free Movements handy to remove stuns in case someone stunalpha's you (can't use perks while stunned). Especially watch your hp with atroxes (mongo rage).

As for agent fighting. In Mimic Sol they should be toast, wait out TMS and dump the alpha into them, they shouldn't really be able to touch you before TMS runs out. In Mimic Doc, you hit them with only regulars until they use CH. Make sure they don't fake CH by using Lifegiving Elixir (faster recharge, same graphical effect, but heals about 1/10 of what CH does). When they CH... or are about to CH (you'll get a feel for this later on).. you hit a Rod (from totw) to remove UBT, if that's necessary. Hit Sneakattack/FastAttack/Brawl right away and see if it does decent damage (no use in wasting the rest of your alpha if SA doesn't do decent damage...), then start up all your damage perks (fast ones first, slow ones last). Keep on spamming brawl/fa, if they go under 30% hp you hit Dimach and they're dead. :)

Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

hey noobas and alpha,

thanks for help with PvP advice. I'm kinda used to getting owned before i get the hang of games. So i will have the patience. I'll just have to get used to the rhythm of perks and heals and alphas. I;m sure you guys felt as overwhelmed as me when you started!!

See you guys in game when elro is done with upgrade (if ever)!
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Well yeah I started out as a noob 210ish agent, went and spent time at the arena and dueled tons of super good toons... and after TONS of practice I started winning some.

PS: Your being 215 does make it harder for you to win from a 220, but not at all impossible! So don't get demotivated by the fact that you're lower... for now. And once you learned it the hard way, get your setup done, you'll be able to do so much more than the usual "I levelled to 220, got perfect equip, and only then started pvping" toons. Simply because of the fact that things got easier with the better toon.

Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Yeah alpha will try to get some practice. Still waiting on my CM chest to buy. One FS on GMS for 250mil but i hear thats quite overpriced. Hoping to be able to pick it up for less so i can still afford some new symbs. I think i could go for some 250's pretty easy but on the whole the addition in benefit from say 230-250 is not all that big. Might take your advice get a new CM chest. and grind inf for a bit to try and keep heading to 220.

If peoples are on i'll try and request duels to see if i can get practice. So far i'm 0-1 against hund!!
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

So stick with Ofab chest as it adds exactly what you want your CM for - hp, and 1he. Of course in the end CC or CM is "better", but it's not like you'll actually notice the difference on a 215 advy in non-top-gear.

What's a FS? Filesystem? ;)

Anyhow as I'm bored (I need to clean up my room after I moved! Now everything is in boxes and I can't find a damn BUT I REFUSE TO CLEAN THE ROOM!), I'll make an auno for you of the armor setup?

220 endgame offensive setup advy
215-220ish budget/defensive setup advy

Put in a Gannondorf CC helm because it's nodrop and QL250 will cost ya less than building the same item twice.

So anyway go for CM boots/pants/gloves for now and get other stuff in other slots.