best sloob prof

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

best sloob prof

Post by cutiecub »

Hi all,

When I have received my crad card there's a big chance that i will go sloob.
Now my question is which prof is best to make as sloob?

LE and alien have great gear but I will mis that?

Which profs have a good setup with sl gear only?

I think that adv is good when they have sl only.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Re: best sloob prof

Post by Alphacenta »

I think the biggest question you should ask yourself is, which prof has the best SL-proof and/or pvp-proof weapon?

Now I don't know what 1he advies used pre AI, other than SoS/SoW/SoC, but those are expensive and not until later on.

Adventurer: For pistols JEPP of course, along with I don't know what. Sword of Wonder, Scimitar of Spetses for 1he I guess.
Agent: Perenniums, later on Joy of the Hunt/Race, and for RK DD Revolution Rifle.
Bureaucrat: Umm, pistols? Massive Bolt Charger later on? Can't think of something good. JAME would rock however, probably. :)
Doctor: Massive Bolt Charger, JAME, MA in some cases I guess.
Enforcer: FBR from IS for 2he and later on EoT/HEoT, Sword of Wonder for 1he, Maul of Gwyddawg for 2hb, idk for 1hb.
Engineer: Bacam-Xum for grenade, Massive Bolt Charger?
Fixer: Umm perenniums and then Syndicate Messenger Gun... not sure they've got a -really- good choice for endgame though. Later on, Bigburger for FA and something else in main hand. :P
Keeper: FBR, Blade of Khione (later to be upgraded to Blade of Khione's Will), EoT/HEoT.
MA: Fists. Maybe Claws or Torturing Tool later on, check the thread in the MA forums, Noobas wrote some nice essays there. ;)
MP: The staffs from quests? Julian Redfire thing is pretty good, or else there's lower ones too from which I forgot the names. Do keep in mind you can't get Rihwen, and will be stuck with Zhok.
NT: No LE nukes means lolex for higher levels, I'd say. And squish.
Shade: Nippy John Stiletto, Piercing Evil.
Soldier: Rebuilt SPB, sucks compared to dshark/etc... So you'd probably end up going the pistolero way: JPGPP and something else. Talk to Trenchbroom he's sloob soldier.
Trader: SSSS is sadly AI-locked. Silverback too. Probably would end up with Fine Smith Shattergun along with another gun for specials.

Soooo with all that in mind, the profs with the best weapons (if you compare it, to what these profs use as full-expansion-toon), are:

- 2he enfo IF you can get HEoT (unlikely though, everyone and their dog wants one).
- Keeper (HEoT would be best, better than the Wolf even, but BoKW is almost as good as the Wolf as well!).
- Adventurer but SoS and SoW are VERY expensive for a just unfr00bed toon.. would advise against this unless you can make money.
- MP with the staffs and stuff.

Now if you look at what prof has the best survivability, it'd be adv/keeper/enfo. If you look at what toon is easiest to make the change on after upgrading to full expansions, I would say Keeper or Adventurer.

That leaves two choices. Basically it's like this:

1) Keeper: Better weapons while sloob, cheaper, and has a "chance" at using the IDEAL weapon for full expansion keepers, BUT! If you want to pvp as a full-expansion toon, you will suck.
2) Adventurer: Good weapons especially on RK, but expensive to get those weapons, no chance at using the IDEAL weapon for full expansion adventurers, BUT! If you want to pvp as a full-expansion toon, you will rock.

Choice is yours to make. Seeing you're mostly pvm-oriented, and not looking to upgrade to full expansions anytime soon, I'd pick keeper.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

Thx lupus for the very nice investigation.

Bedankt, apprecieer het heel erg.

And so I will make myself a keeper, created one in the past and was a fun toon to play.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Ok since you rolled a keeper have a look at these weapons:

JDN
SotG
(L)SotI
(E)CotE
BoK(W)
FBR
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Interesting choice!

I'm stoked for your success. I think you will find lots.

I think Alpha's reasoning was without flaw. I think I would have leaned more towards advy, personally, however, it may be my current bias because I've just made one and am having much success already. regardless the decision is made so thats really exciting!

Have fun with it, and don't forget how important min damage is in SL. (frost scythe, FBR are great weps from RK to pwn on SL)
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

Well i can play both ofc.

Cutie is allready lvl 154, but i think its better to start the keeper to learn abit more about sl then to get trown in at this level.
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Post by Grind42 »

Cutie, I got plans for a lvl 30-40 Keeper with a ql 140 SotI. Its going to be a pretty tough twink but fun i think.

Im ready to roll a new SL toon with you if u want.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
cutiecub
Maxi Leet

Post by cutiecub »

Would be really nice grind + dual keepers should be a fast way to level.

I'm currently waiting on my cred card, should arrive this week.

Thanks in advance Grind and looking forward to it.