150 MA weighted PvM/PvP

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Mardonge
Big Leet

150 MA weighted PvM/PvP

Post by Mardonge »

Oki, I've started working a bit on my MA again.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=23537 is my current setup.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=121250 is about where I'm headed.

Now...
Starting with the deck slots. Yutto or CPU in slot 5?

Armor: CC or CM in sleeves/hands? I'm thinking CM for PvM and CC for PvP, but I'll loose the aao/aad from CC in PvM if I go CM. I'm not sure if the HP from CM will even be needed in PvM if I get the def from CC.

Implants: Anything I should change?

My concernes:
How to get the slippers on, and how to keep them out of OE self buffed. Will putting anything into NR even be worthwile for PvP? NT's will nuke the hell outa me anyway, right?

Object of this toon: Mostly sector 10 soloing after I got my ofab pants on BS.
I'll prolly do some BS also after that, to give me a headstart on the later ofab.

And finally; what do I need help with: Fist of the Dominator and Might of the Revenant from Inner Sanctum 3rd floor, and Pure novictum Infantry ring from Arachnis. (I'm saved in Penumbra)

I'm also looking at http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=269472 Is it worth getting for PvP at 150? I which case I need help on that too (on the Alappaa part at least)

Edit: In current setup I have 1450ish evades and about 1150 AR fully selfbuffed without any perks up.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: 150 MA weighted PvM/PvP

Post by noobas »

CM have AAD.

aad is component of strong armour, not supple.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

Oki then.. so it's basicly 11 AAO vs 23 MA/HP++ on each peace.
That makes the choice easier, since I'm not gonna consider any kinda AS hotswap for PvP.
I guess I can just swap to the lion parts for lower HP in PvP, and for more evades.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

honestly, I think at TL5 hp is your freind.

There are so few profs that can actually cap a hit, that you won't have to worry about hp like you do on a TL7 fixer or MA.

HP at TL 5 is what keeps you alive. you can't outheal the damage you take, so, you might as well just live longer dueing a duel, and in BS HP= best friend (IMO)

MA's can't cap AS, they can't cap recharge, so don't worry about that.
agents will cap AS on you, and they will be probably your toughest opponent.
doctors will kill you 80% of the time.
all other profs are fairly easy for good MA at TL5 I think. I'd say just put on CM, and don't swap for anything for pvp. the 10-12 aad and hp AND AR!!!!! will be better than the 10 evades you get with pred or lions.
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Post by Syn_captian »

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=110572

I really like that set up, it's great for everything all around. Decent AR, amazing evades, good AAD.
Been thinking about swapping my fist of dominator for a NR imp/symb but havent decided to yet.
As for your challenges in pvp at TL 5:

Good enfo=monster

most soldiers are easy...some who actually arent nubz are kinda hard

docs: if you can find a way to resist ubt and dot's they arent terribly hard to beat, usually....

agents: no thnx! as is annoying and somehow they can still perk you

Mp: not many in TL 5 bs but there are the occasional ones, take them out quickly b/c they have improved metangs mind blast or something like that and it sucks ass to get hit with, also, their attack pets for some reason (or maybe it's me) almost always hit you...like they bypass evades

NT: ugh! some nt's a stupid and dont know how to play thier prof's but if you happen to stumble upon a good one (Giit is the first one that comes to mind) i would haul ass outta there! (he can hit you with a double that does over 5k)

keepers: not very present in TL 5, but the ones that are there are pretty good, if you time everything right though, they shouldnt be a problem

Advy: just like TL7, they are the love child. mass evades, quick heals (think it's moonbeam or something like that) along with a CH and mass quick dmg+alphas

other MAs: if they are done right, the duel could take forever, in which the winner will be probably the one who got more lucky and happened to score a couple critz before you lol. HOWEVER watch out for lequack (174? ma) he has a mean alpha and can rape most anyone in just one alpha.

shades: nothing really to worry about

fixer: THE SINGLE MOST ANNOYING THING EVER TO BE IN AO=FIXER. They are so gimp they cant actually hurt you (except for AS and the lucky shots) that, ive literally dueled a fixer and went afk for about 10-15 mins to go eat, came back and i was at full hp still.

engineers:nothing to really worry about

Best tip i can give you is to get timing down to an art.
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

Oki, got some major work done on this one, current setup updated in OP.

Sitting at 1263 AR selfbuffed atm, with 1450+ evades.
Doing BS for my pants atm, that will put me over 1300 AR.
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

Got my pants now, had the types laying around from earlier ^^
Gonna do a full IPR to free up some IP for better distribution and possible AS/SA weapon.

Then reequiping the deck, get on the pants and slippers.

Calcs show's it's possible without any PR's and minimum expensive items.

Now, for the weapon option...

I've been thinking of a few things.

Flabbergaster for SA
Some bow for AS
Kizzermoles/some other SO.

Thoughts? Comments?

Edit: Also, while reseting IPs... should I drop IPing Duck Explosive?
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

All you need is bow.

The rest of it is unnecessary.

Dunno about your IP, but heres some things to rememeber,

1. If youre NR1, you won't need high riposte (for UWos)
2. You only need FOL if you can't perk someone, but, you won't land fol unless you can perk them. So, don't bother getting crazy with parry.
3. MAX AS. only make bow high enough to get on a professional or superior sapphistic bow.
4. There is a bow/AS buff, you get it from the scheol quest. (50/50 I think)
5. There is a better heal than the RK one, you just have to do the quest from bronto burger
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

noobas wrote:All you need is bow.

The rest of it is unnecessary.

Dunno about your IP, but heres some things to rememeber,

1. If youre NR1, you won't need high riposte (for UWos)
2. You only need FOL if you can't perk someone, but, you won't land fol unless you can perk them. So, don't bother getting crazy with parry.
3. MAX AS. only make bow high enough to get on a professional or superior sapphistic bow.
4. There is a bow/AS buff, you get it from the scheol quest. (50/50 I think)
5. There is a better heal than the RK one, you just have to do the quest from bronto burger
Oki, didn't do the full IPR yet, found out I need to finnish some research first, and I'll get some more AI levels done first.

1. Prolly won't go NR1.
2. FoL locks MA, same as Karmic Fist, I think I prefer the chance to stun anyway.
3. Noted. Prolly going Super Sapphistic Bow.
4. Got it already, it's 40/40 for the highest Scheol one.
5. Also got that one.

However, I did get on slippers and panultimate pants. Now I need to buy a GoC, as I won an infuser at Tara today. Leaning towards CC gloves/sleeves now that I'm getting a bow also.
They are also easier to keep out of OE so I don't loose any AAO/AAD. Also, will try to get QL279 Sureshot Glasses for more evades and bow. Static evades are at 1510+ atm.

That should in MA skill alone get me to, 1321+3x23(CC)+40(Research)=1430AR.
Add in 60 from CoLI8 and I'm at 1490.

Add in the AAO from CC/iGoC, 3x11+20=53... Yummy ^^

Also gonna go for Dalja's Ring of Power and Engelen's Ring of Damage I think.
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

A quick question though... About MP pet's...

How high AR can the highest demon get when buffed by a 165 MP?
I'm having trouble seeing how a pet with base AR of around 580 can be buffed up to rip through 3k+ evades (with dof/limber up) like butter...
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Post by Syn_captian »

Just my two cents, i don't like using bow/flabber at 150. Imo theres not enough IP to make it worth it. As far as iping duck, i would say yes, because that's for shotty's and things like that IE Doc's and traders.

Just comments on what you said so far:
Nice set up..your basically having mine from the sounds of it ^^
except i have a lil over 1550 evades w/o perks =P
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Post by Syn_captian »

Mardonge wrote:A quick question though... About MP pet's...

How high AR can the highest demon get when buffed by a 165 MP?
I'm having trouble seeing how a pet with base AR of around 580 can be buffed up to rip through 3k+ evades (with dof/limber up) like butter...
Not a clue but i know what you mean, it's basically the same with Engi pets too, they virtually never miss! SO ANNOYING!
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I have NO IDEA if this is correct, but I was talking to an MP last night because I'm planning on building a 45 twink MP.. and he said that pet AR is based on the caster TS, MC skill

in which case it's the skill you built the pet with that determines it's AR plus what it's buffed with, hence, since MP have retarded high TS, MC, youre looking at not the base AR of 580 or whatever, but the AR that comes from the MP, which is probably around 1500, PLUS whatever buffs they give it.

So, it's probably equitable to your evade skill.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

the BAse AR would probably be the minimum amount of TS MC needed to cast the pet, but, since they are level locked the skill could be WAY higher, just not have that much higher a pet.
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

Syn_captian wrote:Just comments on what you said so far:
Nice set up..your basically having mine from the sounds of it ^^
except i have a lil over 1550 evades w/o perks =P
Very small differences in your setup and mine.
- You're using Goo's in wrists, that's were you have the extra evades. I'm considering these also, will switch around and try some. Using Fire Aruls atm.
- The Biomaterial Defence Shield; I'm using an Alien Reflex Modifier instead.
- I'm using MoTR on one shoulder instead of an iGoC.
- You got a Problem Avoiding Device and a Morphing Memory in deck, whereas I have a Hardcore CPU Upgrade.
- I've used some implants instead of symbiants, though lower QL than you atm. I've also used support ocular/ear instead of infantry.

That is taken from my goal setup. (Links to current and goal in first post)
Situation atm is:
- I have QL223 CC Sleeves/Gloves, but not equiped yet. I got the calcs ready for it, just need to take the time to get it done... (Trouble is treatment to get the symbs back in wo PR after)
- I need a GoC(have an upgrade), but I'm running short on creds...

Had a quick run in S10 yesterday though, was fun seeing the 4k2+ crits raining down. Will be even more fun when I get the CC on ^^

PS: Ohh, and I found a QL207 BBCS in a bag, changed my Karmic Fist for it. Fun stun in PvM, need to try it in PvP now. :lol: