Booster pack questions!

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Booster pack questions!

Post by Syn_captian »

Ok, reading the items for the new booster pack coming out, i have come across 2 things that i have questions about.

1.) i saw there is supposed to be a new weapon coming out that uses both assault rifle and ranged energy and has massive damage. Is this a real weapon or a mob weapon. If it is a real weapon, im doing a ipr right now! Not only would that let me have a massively awsome weapon dmg, but would help me land some of my perks more often!

2.) I noticed a lot of proffesions have gotten new nanos with this new update, does anyone know if we will get one? I mean, we did get kinda jipped with the last release of new nanos so would seem only fair!
Chrisax
President

Re: Booster pack questions!

Post by Chrisax »

The Alien Vortex Spinning Weapon is not something final at all, and looks more like a world item or a mob weapons than anything else at the moment.

I would NOT reset perks just because of something that is in a beta database! Wait and see.

About nanos or new items for some professions, the database is not complete yet. I don't think it will be complete until the first or second week of January. Theoretically, soldiers should get something too! (MPs got nothing yet either, just for example.)

Patience. :)
Hyde
Hyde!

Post by Hyde »

Syn_captian wrote:Ok, reading the items for the new booster pack coming out, i have come across 2 things that i have questions about.

1.) i saw there is supposed to be a new weapon coming out that uses both assault rifle and ranged energy and has massive damage. Is this a real weapon or a mob weapon. If it is a real weapon, im doing a ipr right now! Not only would that let me have a massively awsome weapon dmg, but would help me land some of my perks more often!
Actually a split-damage weapon would make it harder for you to land perks, since your attack rating would be split and you almost certainly have higher attack rating with AR than RE. If you want to land RE perks better you need to get into the practice of swapping to a RE weapon for those perks. But trying to use an AR+RE weapon to land your other perks will just lower their chances.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Speaking of RE, I was wondering why more soldiers don't use QL 300 energy carbines?

Those things pack a mean punch and use AS instead FA. and fling instead of burst. Granted, they wouldn't be nearly as effective pvm, but pvp, youre guaranteed at least one capping hit, compared to: You hit noobastank with 0 bullets! Your FA sucks!
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

PvP soldiers missing FA is a myth.
Mardonge
Big Leet

Post by Mardonge »

noobas wrote:You hit noobastank with 0 bullets! Your FA sucks!
I've started collecting those messages from TL5 soldiers in BS on my MA ;p
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

Nooba is right by the way and yes soldiers can miss FA , i have seen it with 3.5 AR and 2.4-2.6 FA but nooba who said that we dont use carbines? i am to lazy to make it but i have seen sols use it in duels and hotswap with dshark. I think carbine sols has less AR iirc so u wont do many normal dmg and a single AS isnt enough.kissesss :D
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

To what Faros says: yes

I've seen solds hotswap energy carbine, iv'e also seen hotswap supernova, neither one works very well, since it's easy to a sold stuck wtih a wep he doesn't like on, with no special recharge in sight for a long long time.

as for missing FA, yes, it's ENTIRELY possible. And I'm not talking about 220 nabs, I'm talking about MA vs sold duels.

think: 5,4,3,2,1 GO! pop ES, DoF. thats my base 3500-3600 evades and AAD plus 1800 evades and AAD, bringing the total up to 6000+ total evasive skills.

if you got a soldier in mind who is landing FA consistently on that, I'll show you a twinked TL7 soldier with MR perked. and to my knowledge, you can only land one FA in 10 seconds anyway, so I still got another 30 seconds of an extra 1800 evades or so, with another 40 seconds of 1200 plus.

NA, honestly, I have dueled many good solds, and all of them miss FA (or hit with 1 bullet) doing min dmg (1200).

Later in fights though, is when it becomes much more difficult, because ES is down, and so is AMS. then its' a slugfest, and yet, FA does land way more then.
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Post by Syn_captian »

actually, the most logicall thing for a soldier to do when swapping is to swap to a energy carbine instead of the normal AS gun.
1.) faster AS recharge
2.) also get flingshot
3.) just looks sexier!

Why they dont do it:
1.) not enough ip (haha funny joke)
2.) dont wanna give up the +20 AR that Dshark gives
3.) they are nubz
4.) multiple people trying to keelzorz joo and the Dshark is best for using against most of them

As far as what noob said about missing FA:
If it's a good soldier who has the right gear, i seriously doubt they are gonna get a missed FA.
If i went full AR set up, i would have roughly 4k AR w/o MR, then when your DoF is down, MR popped, how do you like 5.6k AR coming at you? =)
only reason i havent gone this set up is b/c im too lazy to pharm everything needed to do it lol

Regarding the RE perks that hyde was talking about:
My reasons for saying that i would land more is b/c the perks im talking about checks targets evades VS your RE skill, not AR. (ive tested this a bunch of times and it has always proved true)
Perk line im refering to is power up. only down part would be that i would have to go get the buff from APF (didnt bother with making either of them cuz they are teh suxorz.
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

You'll still miss FA with 5.6k AR, I just made a quip about evades being useless, since FA will cap most of the time unless you have a def rating which is so high that it is just silly (as noobas said, 4-6k), which is due to the mechanics of FA (it isn't a regular check per bullet based of FA AR). I'm not sure about how the FA mechanics work, but it's much easier to land FA than fling/burst, in my experience.
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Post by Syn_captian »

I may miss a FA or 2 on rare occasions but for the most part i will hit you with that kind of AR.
I can almost guarantee that noob has been hit with a FA before by a soldier, let me tell ya, not even ocene or xtersoold or Esquobar or any other amazing soldiers has anywhere near that much AR, yet they still hit almost every shot. (In full AR set up they run about 3.7-3.8k self, tops) Not to mention that with that much AR, i would prolly be able to land my evade debuff perks which if that happens it's over (one perk does somewhere around -400 dodge rgnd and i have 3) Not saying it couldn't happen that i miss FA or something, but it's not very likely to happen.
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

i have to say that many sols are solitus so no MR available. I have 3.5 AR and with AR set up can reach 3.6 AR (that means i will lose HD) but still its not possible to land FA or evade debuffs. If u have any ideas for a better set up for sols i am all ears....but pls tell me what do i have to sucrifice,(HD,HP, some nanos maybe?) :D
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Post by Syn_captian »

Final total of AR (Completely Self)=3751
Can completely self ALL soldier buffes with the simple swap of a hud item
HP=22,500
Nano=10,289
2 different hots
So much ranged init that you shrug off UBT
1600+evades +292 AAD (roughly 1892 static def)
Max Heal delta possible
http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=122526

Now think about that as a trox....b/c trox has higher stam and things like that which are usefull for Assault rifle, they automatically have a lil more AR just from that, then, add in the +1500 (-100 b/c i calced Sphere into the soli one)
Let's say base AR is roughly 3770, that's 5270 AR which should be more than enough.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

mm captain, what youre sayin is all good except for one thing

to land FA

(FA skill+assault rif skill)/2*AAO check evade+AAD

so lets say you have 2300 FA skill and 3200 assault rifle skill and 550 AAO (just estimation)

(2300+3200)/2+550 vs 2500 dodge+1050aad (estimation) also no perk running

so that is

3250FA vs 3550evade

I'm not sure exaclty what my dodge range is, it's around there, but no more than +/- 50.
AAD is 1050+ with no perks running.

Anyway, so ya, you're right, np on hitting me with normal hit, and technically you should be able to hit me with a triangulate target or w/e too, but, if I'm cycling dof/limber, probly not, and if I have ES up, definitly not.

The thing is, even if you do land a triangulate target, it's only -400 dodge, so you probably can only land it in the window during the time DOF is down, which is relatively small amount of time, and if you were spamming it, it may not even be up in the 25 seconds you have before DOF back up.

Best not to rely on landing a evade debuff for a kill on MA. Thats advice from friend to freind :)
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

I am testing ocenes set up atm and i have to say 2 things so far , he cant ofc cast AMS5 but i am trying to check how he can get the MC for AMS 4 (I am doing PR to check ). Second is that that current set up doesnt have much NCU (if u buff all sols nanos u will have/need 528 occupied or more and without buffing RC). So u dont have space to cast AMS 4. I will go on with testing to check how it can work. Testing is still in progress :)