Booster pack questions!

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Re: Booster pack questions!

Post by Syn_captian »

with the set up i posted, i would just swap all the NCU's for 300 spirit infused yuttos (not like your gonna get enough NR to actually do anything with) and as far as AMS 5, shouldn't be too hard, at most might have to hot swap the nano hud and a phulak or something but should be doable in a duel.
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

Hotswap in battle ? hmmm naaaa if u mean hotswap the soldier nanodeck u need 30 secs :/ and trust me the nanoskills are way to high.But still testing and thanks for the set up info captian :)
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Post by Syn_captian »

yeah, i agree,swapping nano decks would be kinda dumb, ( i dont kow about you , but i keep mine glued to my hud) but with the set up i posted, i was talking about simple swapping the research hud w/ the nano research hud that should easily give you enough nano skills (if your soli) to cast AMS 5:

To Use
User Matter creation >= 1528 and
User Time and space >= 1491 and
User Profession == Soldier and
User Cyberdeck & 6

would say maybe go for Ql 300 brain symb, but being that you dont get NR on it, you would be losing more than your gaining imo (+like 37 nano skills but losing roughly 30 AR and some Str+stam) might have to post a ql 150ish tower for MC/TS but shouldnt be too bad ^^ still looking in on how to make a trox cast AMS 5 (lol easiest thing in the world, just hot glue a MP+trader to your side =D)
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

That is what i am thinking and working , without tower hmmm i might be able to cast ams 4 BUT...with some pande memos that adds nanoskills, i miss 1 tbh ;). testing in progress....
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Post by Syn_captian »

your missing one point in nanoskills? XD that would drive me insane! lol
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

faros1978 wrote:That is what i am thinking and working , without tower hmmm i might be able to cast ams 4 BUT...with some pande memos that adds nanoskills, i miss 1 tbh ;). testing in progress....
So go plant a TS MC tower in Tir... NOW! :mrgreen:

YES I SAID NOW!!!! :D
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

Muhaha i want to self buff myself without towers so......i need that pande thingy memo ;).
Btw the ocenes set up doesnt contains NR (No HHAB) but still testing will show me what i need :).
I miss 1 memo not 1 nanoskill captian :). i think without intell brain i will be about 4 MC short but the pande memo will solve that.
so far i got 3523 AR without trainning the solitus alpha genom and no ai 30 (i need about 600k axp to ding :D ) so after changing my brain (lol?) to synd one i will get 50 FA more and 25-28 AR.
I am thinking not to train Solitus alpha because i will lose the solitus beta genom that i have trainned (affect the nanoskills :/). SO if i do the maths then i will have ....hmmmm
3523+28+28= 3579 AR and if i add my +35 proc its final 3614 AR.
Any ideas for more?
Forcenum
Big Leet

Post by Forcenum »

i just want to add something here about missing with FA.

220 sols in ok (not great, but ok) gear even miss me, and im a friggen enfo. they dont miss much, but id say about every 5-6 FA is a miss and im deffo not well equipped for PvP. id say about 1400 evades and maybe 1k aad... sometimes i even outlasts and takes down one of those friggen soldiers!!! =D>

(Hope to get my endgame equip sorted during 2009 :embarassed: )
Forcenum - 220/25/63 Enfo - Retired
Anumirath - 200/25/54 Meta - One man Army
Saidin - 205/19/55 Keeper - DD in the making
Frontforce - 150/13/30 Soldier - Sector 10 bountyhunter
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Post by Syn_captian »

sorry to say force, but your probably going against nub soljas =(

anyway:
Evade set up for solja (IMHO best set up for a Atrox solja b/c of MR making up for the lack of AR and wit adding more to evades)

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=123440

Roughly 2.7k static def on a soli sold =)
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

Omg u set my name on that set up ....hehehe
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

MR is overrated for soldiers. Waste of 10 perks.

AI30 trox soldier is much better off perking CONC/COHA/PiN. AI30 solitus soldier would probably be best off with either:

a) COHA/PiN/Alpha (AR setup)
b) CONC/PiN/Beta (healing/highAMS setup)
c) COHA/CONC/PiN (overall setup)
d) Alpha/Beta/PiN (dueling setup)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Post by Syn_captian »

I completely disagree that MR is a waste for a soldier:

For Atrox:
AR with only this equip on and IP spent(no buffs/towers)=2243
CONC=0 AR
COHA=+100AR
PiN=+51 AR
All Research done=+230 AR
Buffs:
Full Automatic Targeting=+44 AR
Improved Automatic Targeting=+30 AR
Improved Total Focus=+125 AR
Art of War=+150 AR
ql 150 Ransacking tower=+22 AR
SL perks:
Heavy Ranged=+200 AR
Trickle down=+7 AR

TOTAL=3202 AR

Thats how much AR you would have if you did the perks you said, now with MR as well as My Own Fortress this is how it would turn out (adding in the benefits from MR and wit)

For Atrox:
AR with only this equip on and IP spent(no buffs/towers)=2243
All Research done=+230 AR
ql 150 Ransacking tower=+22 AR
Buffs:
Full Automatic Targeting=+44 AR
Improved Automatic Targeting=+30 AR
Improved Total Focus=+125 AR
Art of War=+150 AR
SL perks:
Heavy Ranged=+200 AR
Trickle down=+7 AR
AI perks:
COHA=+100 AR
Alpha=+6 AR
Beta=+3 AR
My Own Fortress=+120 AR
Mongo Rage=+1500 AR

Total=4780 AR

While 3202 AR is ok, it's not that great, and if you go against a decent evade prof, they are gonna rape you no problem, 4780 however, will make most any evade prof shake in their boots, not to mention that you get wit of the trox which adds about 350 more dodge rnged which if you have running, gives you a static def of roughly 2.7k =)
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

imo MR is only good if you debuff evades like crazy while it's up.

because, MR doesn't give most profs enough time to actually kill an evades prof, advy, MA, fixer, fixer yes, but HP is so low.

Ma and advy can outheal 10 seconds of MR alpha, it will be rough, but it can be done.

I'd say it's better to make more heals, and increase defences.

on my MA, I got about 2360 dodge ranged, and 2420 evade close, plus about 1080 AAD.

so, about 3440 dodge range. if cycling DOF/limber, at least 3640 all the time (this is without notucomm and igoc atm)

so, it appears that youre pretty close to the AR that you would need to be hitting reasonably without MR. For 10 seconds, the only way you can make MR be worth all those perks, is to be launching the evade debuffs while youre doing alpha, so that you can land the naxt FA/burst when MR runs out.

Also, using MR early will result in disaster, because ES and DOF will cancel the MR benefit and you will be at square one, except at a disadvantage because of the debuff that Mr does afterwards.

so, while MR can be used effectively, it's a gamble at best, imo.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
faros1978
Giant Leet

Post by faros1978 »

So nooba tell me that MA is the nemesis of sols and we are done :(
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Post by Syn_captian »

ofc noob, at start of duel pop wit of the trox, NEVER POP YOUR BIG STUFF FIRST
That's timing 101, it will get countered 9 times outta 10.
As far as MR, thats kind of the main point to do on a soldier, use it so you can debuff the crap outta thier evades and finish them off, as far as killing in the 10 secs that MR is up, im planning on using a different set up than most soldiers if i go this route, trying out something new.
It is swaping a ql 200 ofab cobra mk 6 instead of the stereotypical AS fun soldiers use, quicker AS recharge and flingshot, basically this is how it goes:
Fa burst, swap, AS fling, swap, burst FA, swap, AS fling
Now, imagine if i have this about ready (the FA burst combo timed with the AS fling combo) if i have the MR combo and mass perks while your limber is down. That is a devestating combo.
As far as heals goes, the set up i had, is the very most amount of heals you can get from perks as a trox
Colossal health fully perked, first aid perked,enhanced dna perk + field bandage (dont remember what perk line it is from) which gives about 2 hots, and 4 regular heals +stims which is a must on soldiers, factor in the HD we get and our reflects...then add in the 2.7k static Def your gonna be working against....if a trox has this they are not gonna be a easy mofo to kill