IPR basics on ADVY

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Elrojo
BacoTroll

IPR basics on ADVY

Post by Elrojo »

Hi guys,
I have been looking at my IP placement now that i cant get anymore. I can pretty much max everything i need to max cept for a few things like duck exp (see different post regarding that). So obviously i could do an IPR but wondering when is the best time to do it? I dont think i have ever used an IP reset for individual skillz yet so i can just reset some things that i over did it on like ME, PM, MC and multi melee, adventuring, the benefit being that i am wearing everything that i can self quite easily (well with an iBehe and FG thrown in).

I'm thinking i havent gone too far wrong with my skillz but if there are things i can reduce IP i have spent on i can put it into maxing some other things that are just high but not really maxed.

THe problem is if i do it now and then raise to the level i need after i have all my symbs and armour etc on is that i wont have the best of the best on so will i need to IPR again?

The other thing i'm wondering is the order in which you put IP back into skills. I'm guess strip then

1) Max abilities
2) Max evades (should i max Duck exp?)
3) Max comp lit
4) Max treatment
5) Max 1he stat
6) Max Run speed
7) Max BM, MM and SI
8) Put on Belt and NCU (high as i can get)
9) Put in Symbs High as i can get (use med suits etc)
10) Put on Armour (minus tier 1 sleeve lol) Social armour ftw!
11) Perk Multimelee and use as many MM buffs/armour as possible and raise IP to the minimum needed for dual OFAB's
12) Equip Weaps
13) raise PM/MC only to highest buff needed to self cast
14) Max Body dev, Nano pool, Nano Init, Melee init, Max NR and then see what i have left over?
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Re: IPR basics on ADVY

Post by Rulzern »

Why max nano pool?

Also, as for step-by-step:

The things you (probably) want maxed at 220 as a bare minimum for PvP are:

Attribs
Evade clsc
Dodge rng
1he
sneak attack
brawl
treatment
NR

You may want to max body dev, but remember the diminishing return as you get closer to max, it costs you a lot more to raise it from 600 to 601 than from 20 to 21, but you gain the same amount of HP.

As for nano skills, as far as I know, you don't really need more of them than is required by the nanos, atleast for PvP (the calms are useless in PvP I think?). So what you do, is you make your final setup on auno, figure out how much you get to the nano skills based on that (don't forget trickle), add city bonus and expertise on top of that, and then you figure out how much you need to put into each skill (don't forget trickle from attribs).

You probably don't need to max comp lit if you already made the DB bracer, and you might want to skimp on run speed if you're really low on IP after maxing the more essential skills.

To figure out how much you can spend on what without running out of IP, use a skill emulator like "The Incredibly Basic AO Skill Emulator".

Also, don't forget to finish the "essential" parts of research before you do it, things that buff attributes, MM and nano skills in particular, if I were to do a full IPR now, I'd be atleast unable to cast CEO, probably carlo, and all my top-end buffs until I finished research and got symbs in, not a desirable situation.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

My advice is, that unless you have some REALLY big problems with IP (I'm talking things like no Nanoresist, or lacking nanoskills to self xyz buff, etc) to just wait with the IPR's until you are more comfortable with what a 220 advy needs.

After you collected your endgame gear, go and do that full IPR. Finetune IP by using only where you need it, after your gear is on and your perks are back to normal. But that's still far away. :)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

i'm not lacking anything major, just Duk-exp and still cant self cast my 218 advy wolf thingo. Can Save a bit on some stats if i pop in the research attunement nano one that adds +75 to nano skillz to cast then pop it out to kill Rulzie with the atts one in.

My main limitation is the Symbs i have in i'm probably about 50 points all up in the hole because my BM and MM are not being buffed enough with my dud symbs. Will look at getting 250-270's in.

I'll have to get that skill emulator thingo you guys keep talking about one day.

End game on this guy is ages off, but i'll be focusing on him until i get somewhere decent.

After a bit more PvP i'l try to do that DB quest and then farm albs and DB for the bracers