Title Level 5 Keeper Setup

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: Title Level 5 Keeper Setup

Post by noobas »

ya I hear the drop rate on em is bullshizzzzzzz

I imagine I could go farm soem though, except what dyna do they drop off?
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Well the keeper is nearly completed

Symbs are armour are good
all 220 symbs and a couple 230ish implants.
QL 250 Ofab chest, sleeves
silken gloves
255 mercs in pants, boots, head.

225 wolf, atm but can equip 250,

am looking into one more attack like kizzers vs people who need a strong alpha, like docs.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

noobas wrote:ya I hear the drop rate on em is bullshizzzzzzz

I imagine I could go farm soem though, except what dyna do they drop off?
I don't know the exact name anymore but it's near Spetses. Drop in stacks of 60 or 120.
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Quick update.

trox keeper>>>any other breed keeper... why?

keeper vs sold:

1:20 worth of unattackable onslaught, so how to deal with this:

30 seconds trox: wit of the atrox+ (90 sec recharge)
30 seconds coon+ (120 sec recharge)
17 seconds devotional armour+ (120 sec recharge)
12 seconds blind (-AAO on target)+ (180 sec recharge)
(Plus next round of wit)
Basically this cycle will work well vs sold

the reason the order is this way is because of when the next FA cycle is.
Average FA cycle for 165-174 sold is 35 seconds. I assume FA spam on fight start, so the next one should come during coon. Obviously it's better to be able to dodge the FA completely, which is why wit is given higher priority.

I used this cycle on a sold last night, and beat him even though he had just got into his next round of TMS, (I mistimed TMS) I need a good macro script for that
So far, soldiers have been the biggest challenge for me, but having sorted out my cycling, I think I'll be able to take down most without too much fuss. The only solds I'm worried about are the hotswap ones. (95% are non hotswap) but the 5% who are, will pose a far greater risk.

On that note, I'm on the look out for items or armour that are keeper freindly that add (significantly) to dodge range. FA is my greatest threat right now.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=224083

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=224089

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=264623

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=223996

Also Glimmering Magnetic Ring // Ring of Luck - Defensive. Scripts can be made.. :) And you can enable reflects spam in a separate window to see when his TMS is down. Unless of course you sit down during TMS for more healdelta.

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

ya glimmering magnetic ring is nice....

Usually I try to inflict the least amount of dmg to myself on his dmg shield while TMS is up.

usually I sit, HD, battle prepared Treatment kits, first aid stim, perk heal, and perk defences spending most of my time checking the timers.

The other thing I do is at the beginning of the fight, take a few whacks on him to make sure my 4% reflect proc fires (3 minute length) and hopefully my 30 dodge, 30 duck, 110 evade cls evade proc fires. then I sit down and lick woulds for a bit.

I use dalja ring of power right now, which offers 20 aad, so the only thing i can swap is my knights ring. I'm thinking a glimmering ring or defensive ring would go nicely in that location.

It would be really nice to switch out bracers for sandy good (heavy bracer needs twinking to replace 600 HW, and QL 300 alien bracer req tech 3 PR to put on) so that isn't an option.

So The only locations I've got left which I can think of are:

util 2: (need purple dodge range thingy)
gloves: can switch out silken legchooppers easily (could use pred gloves or QL 200 apocolyptic gloves?)
Right finger or left finger, but not both
Hud 1 or 2
Deck slots (can't use problem avoiding device, only MA, shade fixer)
weapon: I could consider a hotswap wep to buff up my dodge range during soldier TMS tirade... then switch back to wolf for alpha.

Only other option is perks. (rather use coon than the evade line right now)
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Noobas i just have a Q abut the cooning.

At lvl 160ish i assume coon would be good for about 6-7K dmg? From my very, very limited time in PvP on my advy its rare that coon lasts longer than 10secs with a 10K absorb. And if an agent with AS caps me it kills my coon and then some dmg in one shot. So what i get from that is the dmg cap is when it actually does dmg? SO they can theoretically hit me for 13-14K where 10K is absorbed then the balance hits.

So if you are expecting 20secs of cocoon for your HD to heal you then i'd be thinking a lot less than the full 20secs. Just what i think anyway. Would you be better with more AAD to try and make coon last longer so even if the HD isnt as high it will tick more times?

Can anyone confirm that with a coon perked?

If that is in fact what happens i would be best for the alpha to hit you, then coon so then the FA/AS caps, then coon and heal while they are out of specials.

Another thing i kinda noticed it that sometimes cooning and then hitting a smaller evade in BS is useful. So the coon works for longer. If 2+ ppl are hitting me coon lasts about 5-10 secs but they are hitting mostly so they keep going knowing in about 5-10 secs they can rip my coon down and kill me, but if i evade while in coon, they miss more often FA doesnt blow by coon and i can get an extra 10-15 secs. If i am a support player (ie heals) thats good cos i can last a bit longer and offer better AAD and team heals longer. Plus often if they havent made a dent in 20 secs they just Tab Q and i'm out of the woods.

Just a little somethign i noticed anyway. Probably the WORST way to do it but hey i'm a noob so i can just blame that if i die lol
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

I see what youre getting at rojo

but you are sort of missing teh point.

The idea of coon isn't to have a nice big fat buffer up because it's good to have.

The idea of coon is to use it so that you don't endure damage.

If my coon dies, and I'm alive, i can win the duel, but if the coon is up, and I'm dead because I just took an FA and AS in the face, I lose the duel.

Keepers don't have invo phoenix. We have a 2k heal every 2 minutes, and first aid stims and a 600 point heal every 45 seconds. So, the point of getting an absorb up is to take the damage, so that I don't have to endure it.

meh solds are tough. and yes, having some extra evades while coons is up is nice, or reflects.
But the only (small or big) dodge range perk I have is wit for 320, and that is one of my primary defences.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Also worth mentioning is the fact that alphas often have a lot of different damage types.

For example you mention agents Elrojo. We can sometimes insta-rip your cocoon's poison absorb with an AS, that is true although it often doesn't happen either.

But. Even if we CAN insta-rip your Poison reflects, Cocoon will still protect you against:

- All my perks, they do Energy, Melee, Fire, and Projectile damage. None use poison.
- My Shock damage procs, they do Projectile damage. My Waves damage procs use poison damage, but they are like 200-300ish pvp damage a tick so that is almost nothing. :)

In case the agent is using a Piercing Evil or just a normal Dimach to finish you off:

- Melee damage (in case of Dimach from fists).
- Chemical damage (in case of Piercing Evil).

Hell some agents use Tear of Oedipus for that last bit of alpha power:

- Radiation damage.

So that is a potential of seven damage types in our alpha. Cocoon will protect you against six of the seven damage types... trust me when I say that it will make a world of difference when it comes to surviving an alpha.

And if you time Cocoon to go off right after an AS, you avoid a ton of regular hits as well. ;)

--------

The same goes for TL7 soldiers. Cold (dshark) + Energy (supernova) + Fire (some perks) + Projectile (some other perks) + et cetera. TL5 soldiers tend to have a SPB and Supernova which are the same damage type (Energy). So that is a bit less effective I figure. :)

Anyway the point of this post? Even if Cocoon sometimes DOES get ripped instantly by one AS/FA/whatever (it really doesn't happen every time!), it's still FAR from worthless and will save your life many times over. ;)

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

what lupz said. I just havve less time to talk about it since I'm at work.

but, it's true. coon vs TL5 enf alpha= <3
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Post by Syn_captian »

yeah, from my experiences with playing a soldier, even though mines kinda gimpy atm, ive noticed that enforcers and keepers are usually the first people i look for because they aren't too bad for a soldier to rip through (unless they are really good and know what they are doing, and even then, if the soldier knows how to play, the soldier will win more times than lose) main thing to keep in mind when playing a keep V soldier match as a keep is to time your evade perks so that you dont get hit with the evade debuff perks, if that happens you can basically throw in the towel (i think if you stack them all up they are like -700 evades, never really checked into that) chances are they will try and do that right before they hit FA/burst b/c more bullets that hit the better. Also, the evade debuffs are fairly quick recharged so always be on your guard! hope that helps!
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Ya cap good point.

See: here is my duel plan vs sold:

1. perk wit. (hopefully with wit perked, I WON'T be perkable) and sold all start with FA and burst at beginning of fight. (hopefully both miss completely)
stay unperkable except for small CoHA perks for 30 seconds.

2. wit is running out. FA recharge is ready in about 5-10 seconds. Perk coon
3. 7000 layers. Absorbs full auto completely. Even if soldier debuffed me, I still have a lot more absorb layers left for next 20-25 seconds.
4. coon running out. have to heal a bit.
5. 20 seconds left in TMS. I perk devotional armour (17 seconds). have to heal but still waiting on TMS to run out completely.
6. use ring of twilight (-144 AAO) 12 second duration
TMS is down, I'm still alive, and have all dmg perks up. Wit is up in 10 seconds. Survive until then, while launching full attack on sold with TMS down.
7. perk wit, and may need to attack sold into next TMS cycle to kill.

Problems with this plan: Aimed shot, Coon running out too early, too much dmg gets by devotional armour, not enough heals, sold can still kill me while blinded, may have evade debuffs going when TMS comes down, and that is hard to survive.

In reality, keeper vs sold at 170 is a hard fight.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

How much def will you have?

Because Beertrinker was running around with 1.8k-2k AR or so at L170. And one of the dodge debuff perks has a lower % check IIRC.

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

iirc I think I'll have about 1800 then 320 on top of that.

1250 dodge+ ~550 AAD I think

It's a tough fight. twinked keeper vs twinked sold = dead keeper.

I'm not planning on being able to kill a twink sold. If he's got towers, and he's at 2k ar, that will be rough.

But, solds don't get any perks that up thier AR, they only get perks which lower evades, so if I can get higher than their AR, I should be ok.

I need biomaterial defensive screen.
I also may need to change out silken legchoppers for evade gloves, apocalypse are best I think

A sandy goo would be helpful, but my bracer spots are pretty tight right now. need two rings to add dodge. I think I could bump up my dodge by about 60 if I farmed the parts.
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Post by Syn_captian »

yeah, laser paint lands more often than the others