Title Level 5 Keeper Setup

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Re: Title Level 5 Keeper Setup

Post by Rulzern »

There are two -AAD perks from sol that has a def check below 100% IIRC, not sure if they have them at TL5.

But then again, the number of twinked sols at TL5 is fairly limited (or was, when I was playing my doc regularly), most I came across were somewhere between PvM gimp and PvP noob.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Just checked auno again, the perk with lower def check is Tracer: -200 to all evades, 100% FullAuto vs 75% DodgeRng check. http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=226184
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

At least it's FA skill vs dodge range, and not assault rifle.

75% check is pretty annoying though.

Don't forget though, that 75% check is

(0.75*dodge range)+AAD

so it's not 0.75 of AAD. and a lot of the evasion skills are tied up in AAD, not dodge skill, so thats nice.

There are a few items I really need to be effective vs sold:

QL 250+ defensive biomaterial screen
2x sandy goo
magnetic ring
(using ring of dalja now, which is nearly as useful)
apocalypse leather gloves (or CM)

thats a difference of: 25+12+12+28=77 dodge range 12 AAD or 107 dodge range, which, really would make a fairly substantial impact considering I'm already on the edge of being able to evade most attacks.

After I get a Ql 250 wolf, I'll equip it, then adjust my bracers and setup accodingly.

(CM gloves would need to be swappable, so I can't do QL 255, best is probly about 220)
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

In fact when you want to duel a soldier and evade Tracer, Dalja Ring of Power is better than a Glimmering.

Glimmering: 0.75*24=18 def against Tracer
Dalja: 1*20=20 def against Tracer

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

ya, but I would replace my ring of knights honour or whatever it's called.

I don't need AR vs. solds, just evades. ring of luck defensive would be pretty sick too.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Who votes go 170 and retwink ?

O_o for the 4th time.

2 mega bonuses for 170, 1 major liability.

Bonus:
1. 1 more perk (could go into blessing line for I think significantly larger heals out of lay on hands and blessing), or could max coon line and get large coon and another heal approximately 600 hp every 35 sec.

2. enough IP to use a hotswap.

Liability:

1. get ganked by highbies at towers easier.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

I vote 170 if it makes such a large difference. :)

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

well I tried something last night.

I perked out of reaper (less AR, 1 less dmg perk) and into coon.

I now have 1 more heal doing 450hp every 35 seconds I think, and coon is 5600 layers.

The weirdness though

If I've spent innumerable amount of time trying to get every last point of AR out of this toon... why am I not perked into the greatest perk line for AR?

blessing requires 6.
coon is at 8.
reaper is at 2.

how can I balance this?
I want reaper to be 5 or 6.
Do I need to give up coon?
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

I can only tell you that some TL5 pvp enforcers don't max Cocoon perkline, other than that, no idea what to do.

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

well in the current setup, it would be relly nice to have the evade line perked. But, it's either evades or coon, but the coon line comes with a decent heal, and coccoon is hardly a park that isn't worth it's weight in gold.

Whether it compliments teh setup, or it provides an easy out is the question.

If I've got an evade/ AR setup, why bother with a big clunky coccoon that uses up 8 perks?

Thats HALF my perks! hot damn!

I should try the evade line. It would add a fair number to all three of my evade stats. If I chose that instead of coccoon, I think I could keep my 4 perks in reaper. Then with 170, I could increase my lay on hands heal and my blessing heal. hopefully enough to offset the lack of coon and rejuvenation.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Hi all

I've been doing some thinking in the last little while.

I've made some changes to the direction I'm taking this toon.

I've decided on a new possibility for defences. Because as my previous posts can attest to, my perk setup has been very much 1. under consideration, 2. not working.

That said, I have been considering the strengths of the keeper:
1. hp
2. AR
3. moderate evades
4. moderate reflects
5. possible coccoon
6. possible evade debuffs

Now, in assessing the worth of perks, I've come to the realization that reflects are 1. VERY reliable. 2. extremely useful, especially when you have a lot of hp and the requirement of reflects to work is on a hit that is not capping.

The numbers are purely off the top of my head, and do not indicate anything in game, they are only meant to assess the concept of my plan. A comparison of three different setups are discussed below:

1. coccoon perked (~6000 layers): over 2 minutes (cycle time for coon) if a toon normally dishes 30000 dmg (pvp), say, evasion rate of 1/3, he might hit me for 20000 dmg,

6000 of which is absorbed by coon, leaving 14000 remaining, of which soem is reflected:
13% graft +3% proc+ 23% (for 25 seconds) 20000*[(1-0.16)*((120-25seconds at 16% refleects)/120seconds total)+(1-0.39)*(25/120)= 14000*0.79= 11060dmg

2. 6 perks in HM (48 more dodge range and duck, 72 more evades close and 28 less AR, and no coon) over 2 minutes, with this setup: 30000 dmg *maybe (1-3/7 evade rate)= 17143dmg
17142dmg*0.79= 13542dmg
so slightly more damage taken, but two offensive perks reducing evades 160 evades close, 160 aad)

3. 6 perks in HM, extra 7% reflects, 20+28 dep on location of bracer (L or R wrist) and 28 less AR (have to take two perks out of reaper) 7% bracer is something I want to try out, from mantis queen, I need to farm it.

13% graft +3% proc+ 7%+ 23%=46% reflects for 25 seconds 23% otherwise.

From above: 17143*[(1-0.23)*((120-25seconds at 23% refleects)/120seconds total)+(1-0.46)*(25/120)= 17141*0.722= 12343dmg

So, comparable dmg, better evades, and two highly useful evade debuff perks. And of course, the evasion numbers are probably fairly conservative, especially when youre as close to the check-fail line as I am currently.

I'm also considering moving to strong armour gloves, giving another 12-13 AAD, and with the second Igoc, I should be pretty close to invulnerable except for AS and SA. hopefully.

Oh, and nerf, I forgot a huge thing I'm going to attempt: a perma 2 sec tick. Anyone have any lowbie Base NCU's and stam inserts? I'm hoping for 5X4 stam +NCU thingies, then do a bit of nerfing to the setup to bring my stam up to 821. It may require a couple of annoyances, such as a few less aao/aad, but it will be worth it to double the HD rate.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=134755

Any comments?