Fistydaclown's Blogggggg.g..gg.ggg....

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Re: Fistydaclown's Blogggggg.g..gg.ggg....

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

lol Thanks to you both...but guess what? I already have spin nano web! annnnnnnnnnnd I have been using it. Strange night last night. One of those nights where it just didnt seem to go right. Was finnishing up the borgs.....freezing em np...with nano web...when blammmo...I suddenly run out of ammo for my perenium beamr...bad timimg...I barely meep outa there with my skin cause Im shooting blanks! Go to OA...buy energy fuel...come back to Cyborg valley...and finish up the borgs. Now for the boss...I see him standing near a cliff with his minions around...so I nano web em all and kite the boss (Nonowrecker I think he's called) outa there onto a flat plain at the mouth of the valley adn Im running backwards and shooting him just staying outa his range...and its working pretty good...until it seems I went to far and he turns and runs back. So Im following him (hes fast even for me with my buffed run speed). and he jumps in the water swimming back to his spot. I jump in and follow but there in the water is a random Cyborg that starts shooting me WHILE HE"S IN THE WATER SWIMMING!..arrrrrrrrrgh....and since Im in the water I cant shoot back. If I was on land it woulda been no prob...but he killed me...
Gonna try kiting the boss again tonite hopefully...but this time I'll run in circles.
Thanks to you both for the help and suggestions. Nooba...Im intereseted in that Yatamutchy movement predictor you posted. Interesting
-There are three kinds of people in the world: those that can count and those that can't.-
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

haha look at you go fisty all proper with your snaring and kiting. Our little fisty is growing up to be ultragoooombah.

I can help with the cyborg dude if you want. If i see you and you havent killed him I'll come.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

just so ya know fisty, even high level peeps like yourself often request help on that mean bossy dude. he's tough.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

well well...thats one for me Noobah buddy cause I soloed both him AND the cyborg token board quest...and killed em all!!! :P I did just like i said i would...I kited the Cyborg techwrecker boss...just staying out of his range but still bursting on him w/ my beamer...he barely got ANY hits on me and i kept runnin around him in circles till he was dust! He was trying to chase me like a freakin on borg merry go round...hysterical and it felt pretty good that finally...FINALLY I did something like that without dying and got the HOT nano. =D> Unfortunately, I cant use it ATM as my matter metamorph is 49 points too low....
The cyborg token board took me a while but damn if nano webbing the mobs didn't work!...But I had to stay frosty in there cause some of em hit hard.
-There are three kinds of people in the world: those that can count and those that can't.-
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Good job my brutha from anutha LA mutha!

you're pimp.

If youre lacking MM, I'd suggest perking Champion of nano combat (need soem good AI dings for that),

Alternatively: higher QL chest symb, a Communications relay for util 3, a higher QL fixer nano hud 2 item, can't recall name atm, a nano research device for hud 3, could try some trickle from intel on virral triumvirate eggs, or a few pieces of arithmetic armour if yore really hurtin!

Ideally, though, you'll do an IPR at some point, like when you want to twink up a bit, and this will help you trim your IP in some areas and allow you to IP MM further.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Hey Fisty Grats!!

Its awesome to do things by yourself. I remember 7 or so yrs ago now when my advy at about lvl 110 or 120 soloed his first heck. Quite good back then as there was no such thing as alien armour and symbs were rare and expensive.

back to you though. What noobas said you should consider. But also you may want to think of what you want to do with your fixer. Its all well-and-good to have a 150 twink, and perhaps these days you can pimp him out and make money in s10. But unfortunately its a case of needing money to make money. You might want to consider levelling your fixer to 220 and doing what mop does and roll and blitz missions for phatz and stuff.

OOOOR

Leave your fixer 150 (for later) and then roll a crat or something where you can make lots of money as a 220 on raids. Crat is fast to lvl, cheap to equip and quite handy in raids.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

As I said online, big grats Fisty. We're proud of you! NIce job! :happytrooper: =D>
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

Thanks guys...yeah it was a bit of a revelation to be able to finally do something like that on my own...it was like something clicked...all the advice I have been getting seemed to make sense all of a sudden...anyway...@Elro...the reason why I lvl locked him is that I didn't want to lvl him without him being where he should be for his lvl before moving on. IE: need more tokens...research maxed out...AI points etc...and of course armor and symbs...I still have a lot of trouble with twinking...but as I said...my goal was to have him be where he should before I lvl him further. Made that choice a while back when it was apparent due to lack of experience he was gimped for his lvl...dunno if that makes sense or is the way to go with him now or not.
I figure to at least do the rest of ADO brain before trying to lvl him again if at all now. Also I can still do sec 10 at 150...but havent had much luck in there getting stuff...still need AXP...

what do you guys think?
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Do Sector 10: make a LOT of money! I'm serious.

Then, try to always have a money maker character in S10.
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

ok that sounds good. Like I said, I want to get my stats up and AXP...doing sec 10 would allow that to happen plus get cash...hopefully finding a good team with a good loot rights set up...also trying to do dailies like noobah suggested...got side tracked on the Bronto Burger quest...but was worth it. I am interested in Nooba's suggestions too. Life is good eh pals? :P
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Fisty if you're serious about S10, I'll help you get setup.
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

yes I am serious...I would like to farm it and get my AXP...like i said i want to get my toon as up to snuff as possible before i start lvling him again :)

Edit: Last night I was in sec 10...was soloing ok but kept dying but only when I was getting ganged by them all...even rooting and snaring...others would pop in and dust me. I lost about 40000 AXP lol. But did manage to make 4 mil selling off a freakin' piece of alien crapola at the sales dude.

Need to be in a good team methinks...maybe tonite Ill see if anyone wants to team... :wink:
FiStYdaCLoWn
Strong Leet

Post by FiStYdaCLoWn »

I have for sometime wanted to share with you folks a story but its taken me a while to come up with what I feel are the appropriate words to try to do the situation justice. It goes back to when I was playing the game long before I had the incredible good fortune of being invited into Athens Paladins.
I was just starting to go into ToTW and was milling around outside the entrance looking to be picked up by a team. Finally a few teamed folks picked me up and then on team chat a toon with the name of Deathschance said that he would be AFK for a bit because the nurse had just showed up. So once he was back online I was startled to see no one had asked him about what he had said. So I sent him a tell and asked him if he was ok. That’s when he told his story.
It seems he was a cancer patient in a secure intensive care cancer ward in Texas. His room was tented and the nurses had to wear special suits to administer to him. He explained that the chemo he was regularly given had wiped out his immune system and that was why he was in isolation. He wasn’t even allowed to eat solid food as the normal bacteria present in it could overwhelm him and kill him. He was fed through a tube that was in his nose to his stomach. He also was not allowed any object (clothes, books, shoes etc…) to be given to him from the outside as the bacteria on their surfaces could again end up killing him. Only what he had brought into the hospital with him was he allowed keeping. Luckily, he had brought his laptop with him.
From that point every night I would log on and send Deathschance a tell when I saw he was online in my friends list. We teamed a few times and he showed me a few areas I didn’t know about. What always struck me about this man was his courteousness and implacable patience in any situation. It was only after a few nights that he told me that his condition was probably terminal and that he wasn’t expected to live.
Some nights he was chatty others not so much depending how he felt that day. But I never heard him complain. On the contrary he always expressed thanks for a life well lived, for a good family and for his wife who he had loved very much who had died of cancer just two years before. And he would tell me to live my life well and be grateful for another day lived as one day it will come to an end.
Then one night he was not on….and hasn’t been on ever since. That was almost 4 years ago.
My point in writing this is twofold. I wanted eulogize an in game friend who exhibited a quiet courage and dignity in the face of a terrible life threatening illness. And I also wanted to write this as an example of why the code of conduct that AP has set forth to its members is so important.
We need to continue to realize that every toon encountered in this game has a person behind it. We as players usually have no idea who that person is. We have no idea where they are in the world. We have no idea where they are in their life. And we have no idea what they may be going through or have gone through in their lives.
Therefore we need to take any encounter as a special moment to be respectful and bring cheer. In that way not only are we playing to have fun but we are also using this fine game as a way of bringing joy to someone else’s life. And maybe then we can use this approach to others in game as an example of how to treat others in our day to day encounters in real life.
And so I would like to close this by saying to my friend Deatschance: thank you for helping me out when I was new. Thank you for showing me how a life well lived can carry you into the darkest of places but still allow you to shine. Thank you for being there for me when I needed it. Thank you Deathschance, you could have been an Athens Paladin in every way of what it means to be a member of this fine organization.
Chrisax
President

Post by Chrisax »

Fisty, this is probably the best text I ever read about this game or any social game. I won't say more, not to spoil it. I'm glad to have you in AP, Fisty. We all are. :mrgreen:
FiStYdaCLoWn wrote:Therefore we need to take any encounter as a special moment to be respectful and bring cheer. In that way not only are we playing to have fun but we are also using this fine game as a way of bringing joy to someone else’s life. And maybe then we can use this approach to others in game as an example of how to treat others in our day to day encounters in real life.
May everyone set this in stone.

I took the liberty to add some carriage returns to Fisty's text, to make it more legible (it contained only two originally), so everyone can easily read it. It is worth reading, really.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Fisty... as I said before you're very articulate, but, more than that, man, you are a great person. And it's awesome to hear and read about your experiences.

In my limited experience, it takes one to know one... and in many of your words, you show exactly, that you know. Gz to your wife for having such a great guy around! :)