Level 49 twink soldier

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Mophro
Giant Leet

Level 49 twink soldier

Post by Mophro »

Hi Everyone,

Im playing with the idea to create a totw solder twink. Its only an idea for now though, so havent really figured out what when where how etc.
I would like to get some clue on how to approach this. What im thinking of is stuff like
1. What weapon could i go for? Im not shy so 'alternative' weapons may be the way to go here, all i know is i want a fast weapon that does much dmg/min :).
2. What armor could i go for? Here aswel I could be persuaded to go in a not so obvious direction. Give me some ideas (also include some motivation for the ideas plz :).
3. So .. a lvl 60 soldier for totw, what musnt i overlook when making such a toon?

Let the advice rain down on this thread!

Mop.
Mophro - man of few words - word!
Pass the salt please.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Re: 1HE totw twink soldier

Post by noobas »

Id try blackbird and MK5 hawk ql 100 if possible, ql 75 otherwise

Here's the reasoning:

Soldiers have loads of artillery options. SMG is symb supported, self buffed, fast attacks, very good max dmg, and you got burst and FA, and the FA recharge on a hawk should be very fast.

try to get some decent add dmg, since the blackbird dmg is fairly low, but, since it has high max dmg with some decent add dmg modifiers you should be cranking out 1000+ hits sans specials.

I'd go with 1 or two dmg perks in a SMG line, and then look at heals.... Your biggest threat as a soldier is mismanagement of healing abilities, so really be careful about that.

twink your first aid

don't forget battle prepared treatment kits.

For lowbies, first aid and treatment kits are key for survival esp for sold.

Not sure of reqs on one more hit healing, but, swear to god, this is a helluva an underestimated nano... the recharge on it is so low, you can just spam it continuously.... I don't know why more solds don't use it.

Ya, if you can use one more hit healing, a good first aid stim (QL 90 optimally), and a decent battle prepared treatment kit, you'd be in good shape. I'm not sure if solds get any healing perks, you may want to check on first aid perk, you may be able to get 2 perks in first aid, which would bump your first aid stim skill and give you a heal perk (recharge 4 minutes I think, and heals for about 400-500).. highly worth it imo.

A soldier with 4 heals is pretty strong already. If you ask me, you have to play lowbie sold the same way as you play TL7 sold, that is, only TMS when youre seriously in the weeds.

So many soldier newbs just run around spamming TMS cuz their so thrilled with the concept, but in reality, you really want to be saving TMS for the most direst of circumstances, so, if you can dmg dmg dmg heal dmg heal heal dmg dmg dmg heal dmg dmg heal heal dmg dmg dmg dmg dmg heal shit! TMS! then you can go for another 1:40 without having to really worry.

Obviously, but not to some, that one hit healing is probably your second most useful nano, (at TL7 it heals for the same amount as my standing HD) so, consider it your primary response unless you're <25% health.. I dunnoo, though, I rarely see soldiers spamming it, but I just don't get it, it really is an awesome nano, obviously, if youre confronted with a TL7 MA who doesn't miss your one more hit healing just won't cut it, but, the reality is that you can't use it if youre TMS'ed so imo you give up your best heals in exchange for reflects... Granted, that is how soldiers are made, but just don't jump the gun on TMS, because after TMS is up you still got 20 seconds of nano downtime.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Post by Syn_captian »

just throwing some ideas out there:
1.) not so originals:
JGPP
JAME
Pblaster
Mortiig blaster
2.) Original:
http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=125098 Deluxe Oneida Razor Half-Bow

PROS:
Could be great for alpha killing people/mobs
"twinks" underestimate you and want to duel....free killz ftw!

CONS:
Not so nice on your IP
if alpha doesn't kill, might be a little hard to kill target (not sure on recharges and all that)

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=248607 Premium Merren Flamethrower

PROS:
Have buffs for assault rifle
Does fire damage so might do more dmg to people who expect energy dmg from soldiers

CONS:
Could be hard to get the assault rifle (not sure if you can, but you might be able to)
Only one special

http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=165168 Diamondine Kick Pistol

PROS:
Nice dmg, nice specials
could duel wield a decent pistol for more dmg faster (maybe JGPP)

CONS:
Shotgun req thats rather high (not sure if it's doable, but worth a try)
Not nice on the IP

Just some maybe possible ideas
Sillanto
Leetissimo!

Post by Sillanto »

Assuming this is pvm only id go with the Diamondine :)

I managed to get one on a 75 adv pre-LE/research etc

Combine it with a pistol / shotgun of your choice and blast away, it has incredible crits and a huge normal damage range. recharge on the specials can be a bit of a pain but all in all its a wonderful gun.

Its not too hard to get the stats, if i remember right it was the burst that was most painful :)
You want it made ..... See me
You want it broken ... See me
You want it fixed....... Send your hampster to FC
Mophro
Giant Leet

Post by Mophro »

Thanks for the tip guys, someone tipped me that if i stopped somewhere 45-49 i could do BS (that runs relatively often).
Ive been looking at the numbers etc, and it baffles me how i would even get enough nanoskills for OMHH let alone any decent weapon.

So basically im at a loss, arg the twinksteps and the posibilities*possibilities!
Pass the salt please.
Mophro
Giant Leet

Post by Mophro »

Ive set up a spreadsheet and theoretically got the following skills
Strength 170
Agility 282
Stamina 165
Intelligence 183
Sense 185
Psychic 178
Treatment 649,85
I used the following items for it, if i were to continue with laddering only im talking about marginal stuff, so what have i got more that im not mentioning atm?
Level 45 atrox soldier base abilities
Composite abilities
feline grace
enhanced senses
Neuronal Stimulator
full treatment suit
QL 60 biomech armor cloak
OT-Windchaser M06 Quartz
Superior First Aid
Treatment expertise
Treatment machine
QL 84 Feet Implant: Agility, Bright
QL 91 Leg Implant: Agility, Shiny
QL 106 Waist Implant: Agility, Faded
QL 103 Right-Hand Implant: Treatment, Faded
QL 109 Eye Implant: Treatment, Bright
QL 115 Head Implant: Treatment, Shiny
QL 104 Feet Implant: Agility, Bright
QL 103 Leg Implant: Agility, Shiny
2x poly pillows
QL 116 Waist Implant: Agility, Faded
QL 118 Feet Implant: Agility, Bright
QL 115 Leg Implant: Agility, Shiny
QL 126 Waist Implant: Agility, Faded
Enhanced DNA (x2 perks)
QL 123 Right-Hand Implant: Treatment, Faded
QL 123 Eye Implant: Treatment, Bright
QL 120 Head Implant: Treatment, Shiny
First aid 1 perk
research done for soldier
Pass the salt please.
Syn_captian
Growing Leet

Post by Syn_captian »

Imho the best thing to twink with is this:

http://www.lastmanut.pwp.blueyonder.co. ... ills2.html

I use it a crap ton, and it's pretty reliable (down to the point in most cases)

b/c im pretty sure you can get higher things than that in (fairly certain it's possible to have ql 140+ imps in)
Grind42
Leetissimo!

Re: Level 49 twink soldier

Post by Grind42 »

Mop!!! What lvl is your soldier? What your plans is he done or have you given the idea up?

I am bored with Grind & think its about time to twink other toons on my account, so I think Im going to get Almaeba to Inf think he is lvl 59 atm. Need to work on him a little I plan to get the +10 ring & wen Wen from Alb then fully twink him for PVP.

We could help each other or something maybe each go seperate routes & see what works best.
If its not broken, Your not trying hard enough!!

-DC-Grind42-Nightcrawler-
Damage Clan
General of Athen Paladins
Mophro
Giant Leet

Post by Mophro »

well, as far as i can twink i was/am done.
However i tried some BS at that level and it seems it was a bad period, since the BS's that did run were done in 1 minute due to lack of people.

Ill try him again, but i fear i messes up bigtime on the twinkage :).
Pass the salt please.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Damn you guys. I want to make a twink too!
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln