Crat 130-200

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Crat 130-200

Post by Elrojo »

hi guys and gals,

I have now got my crat to 135 and into ado garden (omg what a trip and a half). Seems like i can ado quest fairly easily with some crowd control and skill and rulzie doing all the work for me.

Just wondering since i can pretty much do all the non-level locked mezzes and charms and roots etc what is the role i'm likely to fall into from ado - 200? I'm thinking my bot is gonna barely scratch the ado hecks but no new bot till 205. My weaps will miss most of the time and i cant charm a pet heck with TMD, yet to try team empowered one from ado as i still dont have spec 2 (ugh its painful). I can mezz adds for 2 min so i guess i have a use there.

I know that we can train perks into AAD/AAO stuff and i have the XP aura + XP perk. But am i likey just to be an XP novelty in teams?

Also I am using CDR and the Dark pistol XP one from CoH. Should i pretty much keep that or should i try for a diff pistol. Rulzie mentioned some gun but i think
A) it'll be hard to get
B) will be a bitch to twink on
C) wont make much diff on hecks

Any advice/help?

PS - going to be PvM and yes going to try to go to lvl 220 one day, NM also if that helps
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Re: Crat 130-200

Post by Rulzern »

Your personal damage at that level won't be great, if you don't want to twink very hard. The whole thing about playing a crat is controlling your environment, nobody should get hit by an add, you should be having 2 pets running around pwning, etc.

Ado hecks can be charmed with TMD if you use Brain Freeze first AFAIK, but you can look for other stuff as well, like the huge molock thingies.

As a crat, you can choose if you want to do /follow and perk XP perks once in a while, or be better DD than most other people in your team, people won't usually complain either way (although I hate teaming with people who are just XP/heal sticks in most situations).

Now, for a few tips, if you just want to be an XP stick, disregard this, put on a medsuit, do /follow and start playing at 220.

-Try to use two charms whenever you can, it can get hairy, but it's definately worth in both in terms of damage, and experience.
-Get enough HP to take a few hits from your charms.
-Put pets on follow after every kill, charms don't stay on follow after you issue another instruction
-Your personal damage won't be great no matter what you do, but don't ignore it either, dual-wielding and fast specials means you gain a LOT of damage/minute from add damage, and everyone benefits from frequent stuns
-Watch out for the stun on Rule of One, if you have a good tank, nuke away

I'd also argue that soloing experience is important for crats, it took me a while to figure out what my pets can and can't do, what types of mobs are good/bad, how to manage adds etc., soloing and teaming is really different for crats (atleast soloing hard stuff vs. teaming), and it takes a bit of practice to figure out what you can do when.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Thanks for advice rulzie.

I have been running a few RK mish to try and work out crowd control. In Rk though its a different game than SL.

I can manage pretty well in Ely and scheol with charms and mezzes. But the recharge on an SL charm is annoying. PLus cast time is still slow. I do have a viral compiler for nano init, it needs to be upgraded.

I'm almost in a med suit, cept its a token 142QL arith set with VE on shoulders. Dont really have plans to upgrade anytime soon. I have about 2.7k HP with the 120 board in. so not enough for a ado heck crit but enough for one regular hit. I have evade cls maxed but its a gimpy stat with my lvl.

I think i will try for ado key and ado quest. Maybe do it with some other APs who need it done for the brain and spec 3. Still have Ch4 to go for spec 2 (ugh). I am planning on trying to farm PB for crat symbs so if anyone has any interest in symbs about QL160-180 let me know maybe we can team.

That Psy debuff is rollable according to Auno comments so will try for that. and hopefully have better luck with charms.

Will reperk into AAO/AAD stuff and stuns, debuff etc when XP grind is over
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

Stuns are from research, do them ASAP, debuffs are nanos, the only offensive combat perk I use is nano feast.
SL calms have capped cast time, so if you're soloing or stuff, make sure you pull before you calm (if there are other mobs around with social agg).
For charming, there are a few ways to do it, but you really need enough HP to take a hit or two, since you _will_ get hit when your charm runs out.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

i never get hit when charms run out. I just run somewhere then tell the mob to wait, then run away and when they charm runs out i can cast before they catch me. If i'm ranged i just stand back when pets are fighting so and watch the timer in /open pet window. then about 10 secs before it runs out i target them and then spam TMD or whatever. You must be just new at the game. The idea about charming up until 200 is that you charm something that would pwn you big time and ue it. So not much chance i will be able to stand 2-3 hits of and ado heck any time soon. If you can tell me (cheaply) how to get about 6K HP on a NM crat at lvl 150 i'd be grateful. I am farming (slowly) my 1k board which will help out a bit but not to the extent of making me uber. Behe ftw and 1K board and i might get close.

Thanks for perk/research helps. debuffs are VP nano's right? So i'd need to die in BS lots first. Which i'm like a pro at anyhow. I will start 100% research on ado hecks and missions since they should cap on ado hex and RK XP isnt worth a damn so may as well throw it into research. Know what the stun line is called?
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

If you can tell me (cheaply) how to get about 6K HP on a NM crat at lvl 150 i'd be grateful.
Something like this?

Oh, and the two stuns are called "Wait in that queue" and "Social services", I don't remember what research lines they're in.
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

It was pointed out to me that when reading my reply to Rulzie it sounds really mean, which when read really does sound like i'm patronising Rulzie and also proclaiming to be the uber-crat. :/ Just want to apologise for sounding like an ass. I appreciate all the advice i get from highbies and from vets of the game. I feel really bad when I insult the person who is trying to help me and anyone else that has the same Q's about what has been asked :/

Sorry Rulzie, I'm an ass today :/
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

:comehere: :wub:
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

He he thanks for being cool about it Rulzie.

SO update.

I picked up QL 180/190/200 symbs and got to lvl 155. Need to get ado key and Ado brain if possible. Ado brain will make the other symbs go in easy as my base stats are fine, just the treatment will be harder on the QL 200 symbs.

Cant do Ado by myself though so if anyone else needs to do the ado combo pst.

Need also to retwink the armour at some stage. Not sure if i should leave Alium armour behind (due to cost) and get reactive or something. Then sell the alium armour and buy higher QL ones with the funds from the old armour.

Did some BS which was pretty fun. If mop wasnt in there i could pretty much root everyone and nuke away. Nano cost is a killer though. CO would help with that, but cost is pretty high :/
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

Ok so crat has ado key and ado quest done. Got to pen and saved.

Ran 2 pen mish yesterday. Still no idea why ppl dont do pen over hecks. Pen mobs give the same, if not more XP, depending on roller. You get more mobs per mish than a heck run and its less crowded. You get to run around a bit so its not as boring. The loot is better and you get a mish reward. Anyway got to 165 with 2 mish and hoping to get some more. Trying to get to 180 then i will beg for molar or try to farm it on the advy. Though the guide was confusing.

If anyone else needs molar pst and we can work together.

Looked at rulzie's set up. I definitely need reactive suit. If i can get a full set of that then i can get rid of the Arith. Only problem is the loss of nano skills. But i think by the time i can get reactive i should be able to self cast my nano's anyway.

Atm i run Heroic measures and Baton, last night i ran the nano resist speech cos mobs kept resisting my mezz. Is there anything else i should run that i dont have? I have a perks in commanding pres for AAO/AAD aura and XP aura. I dont have a debuff perk line like dazzle with lights. Should I have more in that line or wait till later, or not at all?

LFT PEEEEEEN PLZ.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Roj

piocrat twinked a balanced freedom arms and a 175 ofab pistol on at 165. I would look into this wep asap.

if youre not overly stoked on the ofab pistol (typing is annoying) you could try a bigburger.

Benefits to the bigburger are full auto. Usually the main problem with a bigburger on pistol classes is the annoying FA skill problem. Well, ya sure you don't have tons of FA skill, but crat hasa loads of AAO. get that AR bonus working for you, because even with a somewhat slow FA recharge, you'll end up with some nice big hits.

If it doesn't work for you, you can always use the peregrine. you'll have to reset FA, but, maybe it's worth it? you could always try it and see...
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Elrojo
BacoTroll

Post by Elrojo »

oooh ok ty noobas, I'll look at the neutnet and see if anyone is selling loot rights. Or i cac try to kill myself.

Got molar so now if Army and ! can find 4 more (no idea how many drop) i can pop it and we can get inf access too.

I'll see about twinking. I have a big dislike for it. Which type for OFAB would be best? I dont mind blitzing on main and then logging alt to loot. With GSF it shouldnt be too hard.

Thanks for advice
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

OFAB pistol = Peregrine MK 6

prob go max QL 175 due to multi range reqs. same as other weps I THINK the MR /MM reqs go up like 500 points as soon as you hit 200, for example...

QL 199 is 995 MR
QL 200 is 1400 MR

but, if you didn't care about peregrine, the kyr'zoch pistols wouldn't be bad. honestly, I'd go for bigburger or a onehander though.

If youre short on IP, OR want PVM I'd go bigburger if you want pvp, go enchanted waterfall eye onehander.

a pistol shutgun setup isn't bad. the freedom arms is a nice pistol, it CAN be twinked on at 165, and does decent damage. However, for pvp, -I- would REALLY want something that is gauranteed to land, like AS. you put a scope in with a onehander, and have a bit of add damage, I think you'd be pretty stoked with your setup.

The nice thing about a onehander is that you could make a setup where you swap a pistol for your shotty. (obviously it would be a lower QL pistol) but then you could do your burst fling, and have the onehander for pvp.

ffs. I think I'm goign to make a crat with balanced freedom arms and a onehander... that sounds like a can of whoopass artillery.
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Rulzern
King Size Leet

Post by Rulzern »

I think I'm goign to make a crat with balanced freedom arms and a onehander... that sounds like a can of whoopass artillery.
Think again!
Mud
Leetissimo!

Post by Mud »

craphander fails!
Daddyrabbit 220/30 ENFStuff