Revange twink build thread

A place to discuss and compare items, armors, weapons, etc., and see how to combine them
noobas
Leetissimo!

Revange twink build thread

Post by noobas »

Weird I thought I posted this already,

Dhell: got any tips on how to get 275 pen ofab sleeves on?

Plan for agent is to go Huge HP, huge cost, huge AR with not a lot of consideration given to anythign else.

I'm moving into a much higher QL symb setup, just workign out the costs, they are fairly epensive for this level toon.

Probably going with a mixed reactive 250/ penultimate agent ofab setup. I might look into a couple pieces of combined paramedic if I can squeeze one mroe % cost out of a particular piece of armour.

Plan on using: PATA, GPH, reactive, 250 pen agent ofab, mostly 220 symbs, perhaps some implants, 1000 token board, 2x nano pool/max hp/NR arul sabas, rings are questionable, so is HUD3: health reserach device or combat?

Also: any advice on perk setups will be appreciated.

Also, am questionable about weapon. I think SPS is decent and goot on IP (no fling) but I'm not positive.

any advice?
" I Don't Like That Man. I Must Get To Know Him Better." -Abraham Lincoln
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Re: Revange twink build thread

Post by Alphacenta »

"Huge HP" and "Huge AR" setups don't mix. Apart from ofab sleeves and maybe chest, there is no decent/good hp armor that also gives decent AR.

So you're going to have to make a choice. Huge AR (with meh'ish hp), or huge hp (with meh'ish AR), or good hp+AR ... but not "huge".

From what you're planning on using, it looks like you're going for "huge hp" after all.

Superglue that 275VE to your HUD3, unless you're going to do duels against an alpha prof you don't need AR for, maybe. You'll need it for more than landing good ASes, since the two most useful perks in the agent toolset, Tranquillizer and Concussive Shot, base their AR off your AimedShot+AAO skill. I don't really see Combat/Offense research as a good choice at all.

Spots where high QL Paramedic is better than Reactive are gloves, boots, and sleeves (but you use ofab there).

As for rings, highest QL Agent's Ring of Aim you can use should be superglued to your finger too. It's uber.. nanoinit, AAO, AAD, hp, the thing has it all. Just swap the other ring around on need?

Next, the weapon. When you are hp setup, certainly use SPS 99% of the time. When you duel a cocoon prof, switch to Razorback for proj damage. If, however, and only if, you decide to do an AR'ish setup instead you can use a QL250ish Ofab Cobra Mk 6 too. But you will need to cap AS recharge on it, or at least be close to doing that, for it to be worth a thing. To do that you'll need around 1870ish Aimedshot skill IIRC.

Perks are extremely cookiecutter. There's pretty much only one way to get a 170 agent right, and that's like this: http://auno.org/ao/perk.php?saveid=58835

You need Assassin maxed for Concussive Shot, Black Ops maxed for Pinpoint Strike, Infantry 2 for Armor Piercing Shot, and Genius 2 for Regain Nano.. The first couple perks are ESSENTIAL for your alpha, the reason for Regain Nano should be obvious. :P Since TL5 agents are like permashort on nanoskills, you should perk CONC9 too - in addition to that Nano Feast is great for your alpha. If you can be arsed to kill bugs, perk COHA9 too. Made is worthless except for pure evade setup agents (or until you reach L210 and can perk it to the max for the only useful perk action in that line, The Shot).

Last but not least, please do put up a setup linkie, makes life a lot easier. :)
Lupusceleri L220/24 Agent.
Silversmith upcoming TL5 twink.
Wolfseye L110/12 Adventurer (towertwink).
Lysdexic L90/9 Agent (Mimic Enf towertwink).
Aesculapias L21/2 Doctor (ancient).

Aaaand various other alts.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Wow dude, youre a wealth of good info, you pretty much covered ALL my biggest questions.

That is awesome.

Ok, I'll try to post a link to setup soon, maybe tonight.

Bottom line is, I'm not TOO concerned with AR:

AS always hits.
Feast doesn't check rifle
concussive (woot!) doesn't check rifle
and tranq doesn't check rifle

Great, so that means I can relax a bit, since, MA, fixer will be killed using AS/CH/UBT
Advy might be a problem, but I highly doubt it, if I can get 1 out of 2 concussives to land, I'll easily kill.. I can chain cast CH at least 8 times, which should be loads of time to AS/drain a advy's nano to death.

no, I really want max HP. I'm putting in all top symbs for my level (except for a couple which I just can't justify blowing an extra 80m for)

once the symbs are done, I will be close to 10k hp in doc. With agent sleeves/gloves, defensive augmentation hud, will be up to about 11k and finally, with 1000 token board nearing 11.5-12k.

Now, the alpha I'm worried about is soldier: with: initial strike, Burst, FA, swap AS. on start of duel, if they begin the swap, I think the trick is to hide, at 1 second. that way, it will totally screw their alpha... kinda cheap: but, if they start their alpha, before the countdown ends, hell, I can defend it before the countdown ends!

Setup is incoming tonight.

this toon will need some work, it's goin to be more than I can handle over the next couple weeks... moving to australia obviously the priority atm.
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

Also might want to keep in mind that the TOP advies like Deathsrow have like 1.8k static def. That's static, yes. As in no perks up. Just by cycling DoF/Limber, you get 2k-2.6k def. Troxes have Wit too for during DoF downtime, so that's 2.3k-2.6k def. Aaaand, also, Cocoon for when DoF isn't up. ;)

While AS always hits, it doesn't always do good damage.

Nano Feast does check rifle, it is one of the "Attack Modifier 100%" perks: your current weapon AR, in this case Rifle+AAO, and on top of that AAO again. So the actual AR test on Nano Feast for your agent will be: Rifle+AAO*2 vs NR+AAD.

Oh and I don't think that you will gain much by hiding @ start. You'll need to keep on healing (or you die, d'oh :P ) to stay on full hp, and Initial Strike can be used in combat too.. the requirement is for the target to be at 95% or so hp, says nowhere it has to be in a fight or not.

So if they WANT to do that alpha, they're going to do that alpha. And probably right after you CHed too, since that's when you'll be at full hp and Initial Strike can be used. I'm also going to disappoint you even more, by telling you that the TOP end soldiers at TL5 like Beertrinker (before he levelled) and Randomalpha have WAY more alpha power than just IS/Burst/FA/AS. They will be using a Lava Capsule, various other DD perks, swap to fists for a Brawl+Dimach, etc.

Instead, here's some tips and tricks for dueling soldiers that I use when I fight a 220 soldier on the agent:

- UBT them ASAP, but that speaks for itself.
- IF you have the time/nano (you know absolutely sure the soldier won't alpha you while you're casting/recharging, and that you won't run out of nano because of it): debuff them with Wrack and Ruin. It debuffs the AR (see later why this is great), and as a bonus it might mess up the soldier's hotswap at TL5 because they suddenly can't reach the equipping requirements on his Supernova anymore. :)
- For an even better effect on their hotswapping capabilities, RE incomp is teh win. You could even get this in Boosted-Graft form so you can use it without NR checks or *additional* recharge (make sure you use it when you are ALREADY in nano recharge!!). If you know they're still able to hotswap even with -120 RE, just debuff their Assault Rifle or FullAuto skills for more misses (read later this post why that's IMPORTANT even on a non-evader toon).
- See the the blue sparkles around them? They're damage perk stacking. That means they're getting ready to alpha. So brace yourself! :p
- Once you see the damage perk stacking starting, hit Tranquillizer. Why? It debuffs ranged init. That slower regular hit (before they start the swap anyway) CAN be the difference between life and death against a good soldier.
- Also, hit Twilight's Murder right after Tranquillizer. It debuffs your opponents AAO, that makes a world of difference against soldiers since they need to land a good FA. The moment one bullet on FA misses, is where FA stops doing damage. So if you, thanks to debuffing AAO, manage to dodge one lucky bullet (yeah even in hp setup) from their FA, this can also be the difference between life and death.
- Somewhere here, use your CF as well, should suck up a lot of damage from their perks (myriad of different damage types). Try to get a feeling for when to use it. But that'll take quite some fights. :)
- Concussive Shot, your best friend ever for surviving the craziest alphas. You'll need a lot of experience to know EXACTLY when to use this, for me at least it's just a feeling that I need to hit it at that time.. rather hard to explain how I know when to do it, but it does consistently mess up big alphas. ^^ The general idea is to stun them RIGHT when they're about to hotswap to completely mess up their timing. The good and experienced soldiers, like Randomalpha (and at TL7 for example Xtersoold) will probably hit their MOTR to avoid getting stunned during their alpha.. but against the usual soldier (or the good ones too in case MOTR is down), this works wonders.
- Emergency healkits, First Aid stims. Use the First Aid stim during the alpha of course, and the Emergency healkit after you pulled off your CH and the soldier starts alpha'ing. Makes life harder on them. ;p

Oh and, at TL5 chain CH might not be the smartest thing to do. Might as well make them work harder to get you into CH recharge, by LGE'ing until you really need CH.

PS: Yeah, I've been at this agent pvp thingie for longer than today. ;)

noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

hellllsya

I can tell. you sound like mee talking about MA pvp...

Ya, to add to the max hp setup, I have dodge range maxed, and I intend on being able to escape a lucky FA now and then, especially with maxed symbs and all the regular stuff.

I def won't have a lot of dodge ranged, but, I may have enough to dodge a couple perks or a FA with twilight, and wrack and ruin running. Good Idea on the RE incompetancy. Youre totally right, too , because IP is tight at TL5 for crazy extra wep swapping.

And, the other point about stunning during a hotswap is 100% correct.

when I duel solds on ma, I consistently stop healing occasionally to launch a brawl, 7 second stun, or do a huge init debuff on a sold while his TMS is up.

I've even seen solds get so flustered by not being able to complete a hotswap that they finish the fight with the supernova on. funny stuff. They say: I dunno, I was lagging, I couldn't get my gun off. Bullshit! I stunned you for 15 seconds. I planned that! LOOL!
Sookie
Big Leet

Post by Sookie »

I want 1/4 of either of your tweak skills.... nice work both of you.
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Hi, Peter. What's happening? We need to talk about your TPS reports. Yeah. The coversheet. I know, I know. Uh, Bill talked to me about it.
Yeah. Did you get that memo?
Yeah. I've already taken care of it so it's not even really a problem anymore.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

Unk

Here's some updates for you.

Agent is 100% perk reset, I've got 3 AI levels since you dropped him off, and I've currently spent in the range of 400m on the best symbs you can get for his level.

I've just completed the Marion Sweet quest for the 100 CL/12 treatment token board, and the corporeal winstead nano quest (6 minute root, 100% NR check)

I'm throwing around the idea of doing an IP resent on dimache, because I'm not sure if it's the route I want to take.

I'm also not 100% convinced that I need 1600 nano init. (lups jump int here if you don't think this)

I'm thinking about reseting conceal, and dimache, and nano init, and IPing first aid and fling shot, then whatever is left over I can decide on later (I'm not sure about nano init now come to think of it because doesn't going doc mean -750 inits?)

I'm hunting for mark of the fisher king gloves (50 dodge range, 50 NR)

Also, I am goign to make a morphing memory for deck 1. I'm considering my options for NR in the wrists, sinceI am not 100% positive now that I'm at work if the artillery left wrist has NR in it. I doubt I would have bought it if it didn't, but I can't be certain...

I'll also be acquiring a defensive augmentation hud for 500 hp and 25 NR, then lastly, of the planned upgrades I am moving into 1000 token board (albeit slowly).

Other upgrades I am considering are Ql 250 ofab sleeves (don't have the types for them ATM)
I will definitly be putting in a QL 250 penultimate chest though, because there is a lot of HP in that item. Also, I'll be using a perfected alien tank armour for the 25 AAO and 300 hp/300 nano pool. All that stuff is sort of in the pipeline, but AO is taking a back seat to packign the house up for australia...............
Alphacenta
Leetissimo!

Post by Alphacenta »

noobas wrote:and the corporeal winstead nano quest (6 minute root, 100% NR check)

I'm also not 100% convinced that I need 1600 nano init. (lups jump int here if you don't think this)

I'm thinking about reseting conceal, and dimache, and nano init, and IPing first aid and fling shot, then whatever is left over I can decide on later (I'm not sure about nano init now come to think of it because doesn't going doc mean -750 inits?)

Also, I am goign to make a morphing memory for deck 1. I'm considering my options for NR in the wrists, sinceI am not 100% positive now that I'm at work if the artillery left wrist has NR in it. I doubt I would have bought it if it didn't, but I can't be certain...
1) Superior Hold Victim rocks hard in pvm, but sucks donkeyballs in pvp. You want to use Greater Paralyze with Indecision because it has a 65% NR check+some level% (instead of 100% NR one).
2) ALWAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS max nanoinit if you are going to Mimic: Doc. I mean ALWAYS. Did I say always? Yeah, always, at TL5 and TL6 and also at TL7 and at 220, ALWAYS max nanoinit.
3) Resetting conceal/dimach is cool. Do it if you want. Depends on your playstyle if you want to reset Conceal, but seeing how you're hp setup (and not AR/gank) I don't think you'll miss Concealment much at all. First aid sounds cool, get yourself Advanced Restoration Kits rather than the regular stims. They refill hp as well as nano, very useful. Fling shot, only IP enough to be able to hotswap your weapon of choice when debuffed with Inexperiences.
4) Forget about Morphing Memory, you're going to need all the NCU you can get as an agent. Always keep iVC in, consider using HCPU (I'm recommending the HCPU very much) and/or maybe rangeincreaser (rangeinc only if you want to kite stuff or fight from max range).
5) Don't bother with the NR in wrists. They conflict with Rifle, and Rifle > NR anyday.
6) Consider using a QL250 Left-Wrist implant with Rifle/Runspeed/Multrange (or Multmelee whatever you like). It gives more stats than the symb, and is easier to equip since you don't have to meet three base abil reqs at the same time. Those 10 add damage or whatever you can get from the symb (or jobe cluster) is irrelevant, runspeed is much more important.

Dheliver
Strong Leet

Post by Dheliver »

so here is my setup for Dhelle http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=129651
I still dont have my GoS nor CSS boots, boots are reactive atm..

My agent is a fair mix of hp/nr/dodge, so id swap pants and gloves if they wouldnt benefit me..
Im still not sure if I should be using Sacrificial Ensigns of Cerubin or +300hp saba in LWrist.

The main reason why Im not using scope in Hud3 is that Im still a bit picky on what to put IP in == I havent IPd perception, and I must be able to swap Hud3 for Nano research thingy to CH through CoF etc..

my 275 ofab comes at the cost of me having to have Symbs instead of AAD imp in feet for symbs adding agility.
My symbs are still pretty crappy so ill have to upgrade those before I can say my 170 agent to be done.
Dheliver - 220/24 Fixer Stuff.
Dhelegate - 220/30 Bureaucrat Stuff.
Dhelle - 170/24 Agent Stuff.
noobas
Leetissimo!

Post by noobas »

hmm sounds about right.

I'm using feet symb because I'm not going dodge. While I will havea fair bit it won't be what saves me. I'm hoping that my hp will save me.

Something I'm thinking about is whether 7% more reflects>> 300 hp, or 100 hp/nano pool.

I might try to track down a bracer for reflects especially a energy reflection bracer for the pesky solds. (SPB and supernova).

I'm not convinced I can get enough dodge to make it worth trying to twink. We'll see. right now it's IP'd, and thats fine, and I won't be doing an IPR. I'm goign to work with what I've got, and se how it goes (when I get back in game.)

I dont think I'll have time for a lot of the significant twinking I might need to fulfill all the stuff I said I wanted to do. I'm going to concentrate of the MA first, then keeper, then agent, then advy... so thats a lot considering my playtime is 0 hours a week, and not likely to increase for another 3 weeks atm.

That said, it's good to have a plan. The plan is for now: get symbs in, do perk reset, see how the agent performs.